The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs. Wild: 12.15.15 | 5:00 PM PST - SNP

Canorth

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

I agree, give Pedan a chance.  And if they lose at least they will lose a little more honourably - if someone runs the goalie or goons up a kid while he is on the ice there will be someone that can answer the bell.  Right now the most punishment most of those guys on d can lay out is to beat you with a pink purse.

Honestly, they will start winning more games...it takes only one player to ruin chemistry on a team...

The other teams see Weber getting man handled during the game, the other team's coach will stack a line when Weber is on the ice,..and the line usually lays a smack down on the Canucks...it only takes one goal to change a game nowadays...trust me...they will win more games with Weber out of the line up...Pedan only has to be good defensively.

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I really like Domi. Star in the making imo and oel would be that dman we badly need and in the top 5 will still be high end talent available.

If there was a hope in hell to do that just think of both teams' trajectories.

We'd get Domi and this years first, a top 5?

Next year we're not going to be much better without major changes, so our pick...top 12 maybe?  Arizona's pick, top 10.  We could find our franchise D and or C in the next 2 drafts and add Domi who will be a solid top 6 winger in his career; plus the added pre-existing chemistry with Horvat.

There's always a chance, not a hope in hell mind you; but a chance 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Next year we're not going to be much better without major changes, so our pick...top 12 maybe?  Arizona's pick, top 10.  We could find our franchise D and or C in the next 2 drafts and add Domi who will be a solid top 6 winger in his career; plus the added pre-existing chemistry with Horvat.

Those are the pieces this team needs to be competitive for the future. I know you and I don't always see eye to eye but I think we both have agreed and known that this bull sh!t charade of a retool on the the fly is garbage. 

Blow it up and start with high end prospects and multiple top 5/top 10 picks.

For some reason this fan base totally believed jb had a master plan of rebuilding while staying competitive. Hardly works if ever but this fan base bought it up maybe management said it to put azzez in seats, who knows.

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Its almost beyond belief that in the 5 or more games Pedan has been with us , he has not been played on D once..  what is the downside??   .. This is NOT to say Pedan will SAVE us.. But let the kid cut his teeth!!!

Im waiting for him to get his chance..WD is such a fossil that he will live and die with Weber and Bart,,,just like when Shink was up...1 game and limited minutes and on the 4th line...talk about playing to the kids strengths..WD is a horrible coach and my knees are chattering with excitement waiting for his firing.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think OEL would be a huge piece in the package coming back. In my mind he's a number one D man we build around.  If the 2017 is to much risk make it conditional on if it's in the 1-8 range, it gets differed to 2018.  But that's the cost of picking up a generational type player.  And realistically Matthews is going to sell tickets.  And that is what the coyotes need to survive.  Ovi helped WSH,  Crosby helped Pit.  

Just think

OEK, Domi and a 2016 5th overall (Puljujarvi). 2017/18 first round pick

Add in what ever returns we get for Hammer, Vbrata, Higgins, Burrows, and we could be looking at 5-6 more picks in the 25-90 range. Essentially filling our cupboards in one draft year

All left to do is we have to figure out exactly what the oilers do to Bettman to make us win the lottery

23 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Bring up Vey

The time has come, we need talent and regardless of what you think about him he can make plays no one on this team, not named Sedin, can.

And no I'm not joking.

Vey can't play 5on5 hockey at the nhl level.  

And nobody should have to watch vey and Sven at the same time.....

think about it: 

vey higgins Sven burrows Prust dorsett cracknell vrbata

:sick:

10 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Those are the pieces this team needs to be competitive for the future. I know you and I don't always see eye to eye but I think we both have agreed and known that this bull sh!t charade of a retool on the the fly is garbage. 

Blow it up and start with high end prospects and multiple top 5/top 10 picks.

For some reason this fan base totally believed jb had a master plan of rebuilding while staying competitive. Hardly works if ever but this fan base bought it up maybe management said it to put azzez in seats, who knows.

We don't have to agree on everything.  Makes the world a boring, very boring place.

But the writing is on the wall.  Another 2 seasons minimum where we look just like this and keep being fed that spoon full of retool bs.

Or give us fans some honest truth and allow us to party like it's draft day every game.  At least once the expectations of this team are voiced by management we can get behind it.  

They say playoffs, we get dejected and hurt by every sucking loss.

They say rebuild we get excited at every game win or lose because there is NO onus on this team to go all out.

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

Fact is when Weber plays the team loses more than they win...just look at the last four games.

However, like I've said before, some people have a hard time seeing the obvious...would like to see them insert Pedan for Weber and give him the same opportunity as they gave Weber...the team will start winning more games.

Oh well...the obvious is sometimes hard to grasp.

I gave up watching when we were down 6 - 1 but you should note the box score says Weber was a +1 whereas Bartkowski was a -2.  Regardless, our whole D is very average with few hitters.

Archived