The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Come back Sutter! We need you!

canucktican

Let's not forget that it was Benning who was comfortable going into the season with a 20 year old 3rd line center and a 19 year old 4th line center. Injures happen, that is why you build depth into a team. Same on defense, they could've kept 8 defenders at the start of the year and kept Corrado. Now we have injuries on defense and our lack of depth is showing there as well. Comments made by WD over the past season and a half make me think it was more Benning who wanted to role the dice with young guys and limited depth. 

And so Benning's unintentional tank continues. 

1 minute ago, baumerman77 said:

Let's not forget that it was Benning who was comfortable going into the season with a 20 year old 3rd line center and a 19 year old 4th line center. Injures happen, that is why you build depth into a team. Same on defense, they could've kept 8 defenders at the start of the year and kept Corrado. Now we have injuries on defense and our lack of depth is showing there as well. Comments made by WD over the past season and a half make me think it was more Benning who wanted to role the dice with young guys and limited depth. 

And so Benning's unintentional tank continues. 

good if this is true I salute Benning because this team has had enough chances at the cup.

Definitely surprised he's had such an important impact on the team, first being one of the offensive leaders alongside the Twins (had he not been injured he'd be on pace to be tied with Hansen with 16 points, 4th on the team), then the key P.K. component for the team that Bo is not ready to be.  

That being said, hope he doesn't rush back; he's only 26, and with some summer roster tinkering and the infusion of an elite blue-chip prospect in either Matthews or Chychrun who's to say that the team can't be revamped in a big way and ready to win next year?  At that time I'd want him to be ready to take on the heavy minutes so the Twins and the kids can go out and play offensively.

Archived