The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Sign Stamkos' signs to be handed out tonight at ACC

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/15/sign-stamkos-signs-are-being-handed-out-tonight-in-toronto/

‘Sign Stamkos’ signs are being handed out tonight in Toronto

stamkos-sign.jpg?w=600&h=343&crop=1

So apparently those signs are being handed out ahead of tonight’s game at Air Canada Centre between the Toronto Maple Leafs and Tampa Bay Lightning.

TSN 1050 is a sports radio station in Toronto. It is owned by Bell Media, which is a subsidiary of Bell Canada, which has a stake in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, which owns the Leafs.

So fire up those conspiracy theories!

Toronto's
Sports
Network

Leafs are fortunate Stammer wants to come home. Potentially getting a premier allstar for free come free agency. Will really help turn around the state of the franchise and that rebuild.

Don't blame the media for the hype either. Connect the dots and it's pretty evident Stamkos is open to going to Toronto.

1 minute ago, Gstank29 said:

Toronto is delusional thinking Stamkos would go to them. I mean seriously there are 29 other teams in the NHL and about 20 of them have a better chance at the cup than Toronto

No not really. And it's clearly not about the Cup to Stammer if he's shown signs of wanting to go home where he knows the Leafs are in a poor state.

Much like how Lucic may be coming home to us.

4 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I pray the Leafs do sign Stamkos. What a disaster that would be. Sign him to a 7 year deal worth $12 million a season. ROTFL! The Leafs throw around money like it's nothing so why not get Stamkos?

If Gretzsky couldn't bring a cup to the LA Kings then there's no way in hell Stamkos is bringing one to the Leafs

What a dumpster fire of a post.

4 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Are you wearing your Stamkos jersey right now?

lol, salty much?

...You can't win in the NHL without a sure superstar and Stamkos is that. Once their top prospects make the jump and keep the transition going, they will be speeding ahead and growing.

I don't like the Leafs as much as the next guy but won't be blinded and say signing Stamkos would be a "disaster move" lmao. 

9 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Are you wearing your Stamkos jersey right now?

I'm not even that big of a fan of Stamkos... there are literally 20 players I'd take over him. But come on the logic of your post is absolutely ridiculous...  "if Gretzky couldn't bring a cup to LA Stamkos won't bring one to Toronto" like WHAT???  

I don't care about the Leafs, have no like or dislike towards them, but if they can add Stamkos for absolutely nothing given up in return, they instantly become a much better team up front.

18 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I pray the Leafs do sign Stamkos. What a disaster that would be. Sign him to a 7 year deal worth $12 million a season. ROTFL! The Leafs throw around money like it's nothing so why not get Stamkos?

If Gretzsky couldn't bring a cup to the LA Kings then there's no way in hell Stamkos is bringing one to the Leafs

Canucks fans have been a bit spoiled, and have a "cup or bust" mentality. Even if the Stamkos era in Toronto were as good as say the Luongo era was in Vancouver, that would be a huge win. A Toronto team that is a threat to MAKE the playoffs, does so 4/5 years, and wins a couple playoff rounds here and there will earn far more revenue than the $12M per year it would take to sign Stamkos. There is no reason to watch Leaf games right now. They just keep losing, and it is bad hockey. Growing up during the Messier era, the 2000-2001 season was really exciting as a Canucks fan. 

If he signs I suspect a lot of future Ontario boy free agents will rush to sign there too. They would not only have one the best coaches in the game but also arguably one of the best centers.  Players would prob take hometown discounts too.

regardless tho. Hope there is a lets go Stamkos cheer in the crowd.

Be fun non the less. Id be po d if I'm Tampa but Toronto could use this . I just want camadian teams to start winning. Bring in the era of dominant Canadian teams.

18 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

lol, salty much?

...You can't win in the NHL without a sure superstar and Stamkos is that. Once their top prospects make the jump and keep the transition going, they will be speeding ahead and growing.

I don't like the Leafs as much as the next guy but won't be blinded and say signing Stamkos would be a "disaster move" lmao. 

This is pretty much exactly what they said about Kessel.  Stamkos is better, of course, but I see his stay there playing out in much the same fashion.  All assuming Stamkos really wants to torture himself this badly.  The quadrillion dollars received may make up for it.

3 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

This is pretty much exactly what they said about Kessel.  Stamkos is better, of course, but I see his stay there playing out in much the same fashion.  All assuming Stamkos really wants to torture himself this badly.  The quadrillion dollars received may make up for it.

That's apples to oranges and no they didn't lol. They traded Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel. Gave up 2 huge pieces to get him which was an idiotic move from the get go.

Stamkos they'll get without having to move any assets and he's on a much higher level than Kessel is, especially with both playing different positions lol. And unlike old management the new guys know how to draft.

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

That's apples to oranges and no they didn't lol. They traded Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel. Gave up 2 huge pieces to get him which was an idiotic move from the get go.

Stamkos they'll get without having to move any assets and he's on a much higher level than Kessel is, especially with both playing different positions lol. And unlike old management the new guys know how to draft.

Not complete apples to oranges, as once again here they are rebuilding, but will short-circuit that to bring in a big money scorer.  It's the same old story for them, just with different names.  Will it work this time?  I kinda hope it does, actually.  Maybe after that grand event we can finally win a cup.

Archived