The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2-6 Wild

Brad Marchand

14 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We left Miller out to dry. We weren't ready. We'll learn from this and forget about it as quickly as possible" - Higgins

Whatever Higgins.   Should've learned 20 games ago.   I really want him traded.

New drinking game:  everytime you hear "Higgins shoots!  Missed the net!" , have a drink.  It'll lessen the pain of this season.

8 minutes ago, Fateless said:

The only disappointing part of this season has been Horvat's lack of production. I'm not surprised the Canucks are where they are, and quite frankly I'm looking forward to getting a solid draft position so that we can finally pick up that top-end talent that this team needs to be competitive again in the future. 

With that said, Horvat's regression is concerning. McCann and Virtanen haven't produced the way we hoped (Virtanen mainly) but they're still both super young. Horvat on the other hand had an excellent rookie season and is really suffering from the sophomore slump. I really hope if anything gets worked on over the rest of the season, it is to get Horvat confident again. That way going into next season where the worst is *hopefully* behind us, we can move forward with a fast and confident young squad.

You have to wonder what Horvat is thinking right now. His linemates for most of the night were Burr and Baert who are both completely useless IMHO and to make matters worse I saw Vrbata with him and Baertschi which is ridiculous because those two flakes have all the physical presence of vapour. Bo looked like he cared, especially at the end and so did the twins and especially Hansen and Biega who at least showed some hustle out there. Poor Miller must be choked which I understand but I hope he doesn't do a big diva routine and simply plays the old "we're all in this together" card. He has every right to be mad this time around; last time I thought it was a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. Otherwise this team is clearly missing two of its top 2 defencemen (and you know you are in trouble when Sbisa is in your top 4) and Sutter who would at least win a faceoff now and then, something nobody else on this team seems to be able to do. Question: what the hell are Kenins and Pedan doing in the press box two games in a row? Especially Rockin' Ronnie: the guy is just back from a knee injury; if you aren't going to play him here send him down to Utica so he can get some action in. i'm betting they both play against the Flyers. They had better...

Weber, as bad as he's been, is merely emblematic of a much larger problem: the Canucks don't have enough depth to compensate for injuries at any position. Really, the defence should just declare a state of emergency so they can get some government assistance.

Even so, I'm slowly losing sensitivity to them losing. I can almost laugh at it now, in a self-masochistic way.

Just now, FilthyRich said:

Whatever Higgins.   Should've learned 20 games ago.   I really want him traded.

New drinking game:  everytime you hear "Higgins shoots!  Missed the net!" , have a drink.  It'll lessen the pain of this season.

Another year left on the Higgins ticket as well, and he's running on fumes at this point. He's clear waivers without a nibble.

Just now, nucksnavsfan said:

Everyone standing around the net watching Miller doing everything humanly possible, and the Wild scoring

Thank you, friend. 

Man, I wish for once our team would fire on cylinders: we had a great offensive team but our goalie was terrible (Cloutier); we had a great goalie (Luongo), but the team was not built for the playoffs; Miller has turned his game around this season, but the offense and defence has disappeared.... sigh....

1 minute ago, Brad Marchand said:

Weber, as bad as he's been, is merely emblematic of a much larger problem: the Canucks don't have enough depth to compensate for injuries at any position. Really, the defence should just declare a state of emergency so they can get some government assistance.

Even so, I'm slowly losing sensitivity to them losing. I can almost laugh at it now, in a self-masochistic way.

The scary thing is, with their lack of depth on the D , i dont see an easy fix.  Its not like they have guys in the minors who are going to blossom into impact players on the blue line.  And which free agent will want to sign here when they see this mess?

That leaves you with trades, and who can you get in return for guys like Vrbata whose contract is up, or Higgins who looks like he has sandwich bags on his skates.

2 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Glad to see the Sedin line is the only one scoring.

Not.

If there's a bright side at least they're top 10 - top 15 still. Albeit at 35 and on a garbage team, that light isn't very bright at all..

Any playoff team (not us) that trade for Sedins will become an instant cup contender.

It's a crime to have them waste the last chapters of their great careers with this joker team...

5 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I would rather lose with all the kids than these veteran losers.

I'd almost rather not see them around here anymore. What's the point of playing if you're getting killed. McCann for example is getting smoked at the dot most nights and has 2 points in 17 games for an offensive guy. 

1 minute ago, vladimirpuck said:

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/676975624708366336

"We left Miller out to dry. We weren't ready. We'll learn from this and forget about it as quickly as possible" - Higgins #Canucks

Higgins is right! Forget about this game, and the one before this one, and the one before that one....... 

Why not forget about the majority of the season while they're at it?

Just now, vladimirpuck said:

https://twitter.com/VanCanucks/status/676975624708366336

"We left Miller out to dry. We weren't ready. We'll learn from this and forget about it as quickly as possible" - Higgins #Canucks

Higgins is right! Forget about this game, and the one before this one, and the one before that one....... 

I think they are forgetting these losses a little too quickly

It's sad to see the Sedins performing so well and realize that if we hadn't had such poor management over the years we could still be competitive right now.

How many years have we needed secondary scoring and defensemen in the system and how many years have they failed to do anything about it?

Just now, Tortorella's Rant said:

I'd almost rather not see them around here anymore. What's the point of playing if you're getting killed. McCann for example is getting smoked at the dot most nights and has 2 points in 17 games for an offensive guy. 

Agreed, this is destroying Virtanen, McCann and Horvat. Benning is going to ruin the future with his dumbass player development before it's even here.

Archived