The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to waive Higgins, hear me out first

desiboynux4lifee*******

On 12/16/2015 at 7:43 PM, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Ever since Higgin's came back I don't know what has happened to this team. I get he is a locker room guy and the team probaly enjoys his jokes and laughter he brings on the road? But honestly Benning needs to take a example from the Hawks who waived Bickel, a guy who helped them win the stanely cup! 

Positives: Call up Griener a 6'5 guy who uses his speed or call up gaunce. Also, with Green who knows maybe Higgins can regain his role as a decent checker because rite now he looks out of place on this team

Negative- some team claims him but ask yourself realistically what Higgins would  fetch  on the open market as his value looks like its sky rocket low. 

It's a win-win situation just waive Higgin's already and give Griener a shot.

I am happy to see that with Higgs possibly getting traded or possibly waived will shut alot of people up... great hockey sense. PROPS

8 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

I can state opinion as fact as well. In other news canucks working to get rid of higgins, likely won't play another game in Canucks Uniform. 

He's playing tonight.

And he won't be waived... he'll be traded.  Maybe they'll swallow some of his contract, but he has some worth.

On 12/16/2015 at 7:53 PM, WHL rocks said:

Desi you don't waive a guy like Higgins. You wait till the deadline and hope a playoff bound team takes him for a 6th or 7th rounder. If you waive him players around the league notice how you treat your veteran players and they shy away from signing with your team all things equal. 

Also this team needs a vet like him to support the kids thru these tough times. And there aren't many better options in the AHL.

The player is now away form the team until a resolution is found ( he is moved ). He is not coming back to the Cancuks and whether it was right or wrong but how things have transpired publicly and the report of Higgins away from the team he will be moved shortly and don't count out Waivers as an option.

The team has options they can call up or fit into the lineup, yes Higgins is a movable asset and the team could likely get a later pick for him. To say others around the league would see how Vancouver has treated Higgins by Waiving him and it would be a negative to the team. No, not the case.

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The player is now away form the team until a resolution is found ( he is moved ). He is not coming back to the Cancuks and whether it was right or wrong but how things have transpired publicly and the report of Higgins away from the team he will be moved shortly and don't count out Waivers as an option.

The team has options they can call up or fit into the lineup, yes Higgins is a movable asset and the team could likely get a later pick for him. To say others around the league would see how Vancouver has treated Higgins by Waiving him and it would be a negative to the team. No, not the case.

Yes agreed. We have more info now including the fact canucks have agreed to retain salary in a potential trade. If he is unmovable even now then u have to waive him.

In a perfect world u wouldn't but don't see any other solution now. 

30 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

We'll see if some team picks him up.

Even if he goes through waivers, I wouldn't be surprised to see him picked up just before the deadline with Van paying part of his salary.

But I could be wrong.

Would he report to Utica if it came to that? 

• b3. locked this topic

Archived