The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to waive Higgins, hear me out first

desiboynux4lifee*******

While I'm certain he'd clear, what with another year being left on his deal after this season, etc, the thing is, somebody has got to fill the sweaters for us while we take our clobberin' this year and I'm not a fan of exposing the youngsters to the losing we're going to be doing. So while I see where you're coming from Desi, I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one. Comes down to whether you favor the baptism by fire model to player development, or a more patient approach. I'm definitely in the latter camp, in fact send McCann back to junior right now!

Higgins is doing great out there, damn those Sedins, we gotta get Matthews for crying out loud! We need more players like Higgins, Burrows, Prust, Vrbata. They just show up and do nothing. Perfect players when you want to draft a good player. Grenier will actually generate something, we don't need that.

Seriously though, Higgins is bad, yes, but he's no worse than anybody else on this pitiful team. (Sedins excluded)

Bickell had a much higher contract then Higgins and look at him now, sometimes players need a reality check. If Higgin's makes it to the AHL, it will be a reality check and he can come back better, I'm just saying he needs a wake up check,because he is playing very bad.

don't forget Bickell scored a game winner for the hawks.

http://www.csnchicago.com/blackhawks/blackhawks-bryan-bickell-finding-his-game-after-reality-check

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Ever since Higgin's came back I don't know what has happened to this team. I get he is a locker room guy and the team probaly enjoys his jokes and laughter he brings on the road? But honestly Benning needs to take a example from the Hawks who waived Bickel, a guy who helped them win the stanely cup! 

Positives: Call up Griener a 6'5 guy who uses his speed or call up gaunce. Also, with Green who knows maybe Higgins can regain his role as a decent checker because rite now he looks out of place on this team

Negative- some team claims him but ask yourself realistically what Higgins would  fetch  on the open market as his value looks like its sky rocket low. 

It's a win-win situation just waive Higgin's already and give Griener a shot.

Totally agree

3 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Sky rocket low?

Lol I think he means all-time low :P

3 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Ever since Higgin's came back I don't know what has happened to this team. I get he is a locker room guy and the team probaly enjoys his jokes and laughter he brings on the road? But honestly Benning needs to take a example from the Hawks who waived Bickel, a guy who helped them win the stanely cup! 

Positives: Call up Griener a 6'5 guy who uses his speed or call up gaunce. Also, with Green who knows maybe Higgins can regain his role as a decent checker because rite now he looks out of place on this team

Negative- some team claims him but ask yourself realistically what Higgins would  fetch  on the open market as his value looks like its all-time low

Fixed. Unless it's one of those hipster sayings that haven't caught on yet. Then good job I guess.

But on to your topic: Why don't we just trade him? The IR is piling for every team in the league and depth is never underestimated especially with experienced veterans. We could get a mid-round pick under the right circumstances like the trade-deadline.

4 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Negative- some team claims him but ask yourself realistically what Higgins would  fetch  on the open market as his value looks like its sky rocket low. 

What really baffles me is that others liked this post.

Put on your Nikes guys, HaleBopp 2.0 is coming. 

20 minutes ago, Raoul Duke said:

Why in the eff do you put an apostrophe in the name Higgins?????

Because all the horses were higgins' their way through the forest as the higgin's sparrow attacked the lonely penguin sitting on a tree.

Basically, Higgins to the Penguins for Lovejoy.

Specifically,

Higgins
Weber

for

Lovejoy

Cap is balanced. Fills needs for both teams.

Archived