The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Realistic value for Ryan Johansen?

4 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

was listening to team1040 mentioned Johansen didn't have a shift and is having trouble with Torts. So my question is what a realistic value for Johansen? I know it starts at Horvat but what else?

3 minutes ago, kj29 said:

Time to stop posting, Desi. I think that's enough gibberish for one night.

1 minute ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

was listening to team1040 mentioned Johansen didn't have a shift and is having trouble with Torts. So my question is what a realistic value for Johansen? I know it starts at Horvat but what else?

Starts at Horvat? I doubt that. Horvat has been brutal this year I think Cbj may not want him at the present time as the cornerstone of there return.

Im thinking top prospect, top 6 foreard and a 1st rounder. Problem is our 1st rounder could be first overall...

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jazzy jaz you said you wanted to be pm some day you can't act like that and be pm. Oh wait maybe that helps. :)

I don't want the limelight anymore

I want to work in the shadows

I do what I want

Don't judge me

pls

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Starts at Horvat? I doubt that. Horvat has been brutal this year I think Cbj may not want him at the present time as the cornerstone of there return.

Im thinking top prospect, top 6 foreard and a 1st rounder. Problem is our 1st rounder could be first overall...

Boom. Starts at Horvat it is

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Realistic value?

More than we can afford.

Exactly this. Just because a team is looking to move a player, that doesn't mean every team even has the assets the other team wants to make it work.

Right now, the Canucks top prospects, as a whole, are looking quite unimpressive. It would start at Horvat and Virtanen, but both are playing forgettable hockey, that the Jackets would be right in thinking they can do a hell of a lot better than what the Canucks have to offer.

11 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Realistic value?

More than we can afford.

This is my thinking.

Something like Virtanen, Horvat and a 1st.

But our 1st could be first overall. Scary thought to trade that away.

Honestly though I don't think we have the pieces. We need more proven younger players if that makes sense.

Just off the top of my head Winnipeg could offer up Trouba, Burmastrov and a 1st. Just sayin..

Probably cost a team a top-2 center man, current top-6 scorer/top-4 defenceman, 1st round pick and B-grade prospect.

What can the Canucks offer that matches that? Our best combinations would be something like...

Horvat + Vbrata + Gaunce + 1st

McCann + Hamhuis + Shinkaruk + 1st

That's a lot, but it's probably not even good enough.

Archived