The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Realistic value for Ryan Johansen?

we should target him and try to get him. It would cost alot, problem is they need D help the most. I see other teams deeper at D being able to make a more appealing offer. I would want Benning to make a solid offer though, we need a top end C to take over for the twins in the near future and we desperately need offensive help now

Hypothetically speaking, if we were to win the lottery, would you trade the first overall pick and Tanev for Johansen, Murray and Rychel?

So, essentially the Blue Jackets will get Matthews and one of Chychrun, Tkachuk, or Puljujarvi.

Well the way torts is using ryJo, I could see them doing it for:

1 of Horvat/McCann , Higgins, Vrbata

They get a young C with potential, Torts  mid six favourite higgins and a top 6 goal scoring winger

Most likley it would need:

Tanev, Horvat/McCann, Higgins, hamhuis rental

Which we cant afford to lose Tanev at this point

Say the stars aligned ad the hockey gods blessed the canucks...

Imagine: Acquiring RyJo, Keeping Tanev in process and 1 of Horvat and McCann

Signing FAs Lucic and Big Buff, Hamhuis returning for hometown discount after being dealt at deadline

Winning draft lotto Matthews.

Trading away Higgins, Burrows, Vrbata, weber, prust

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Baertschi-RyJo-Lucic

Shinkaruk-Matthews-Sutter

Dorsett-Horvat/McCann-Virtanen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Byfuglien

Hutton-Sbisa

Bartkowski

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

Well the way torts is using ryJo, I could see them doing it for:

1 of Horvat/McCann , Higgins, Vrbata

They get a young C with potential, Torts  mid six favourite higgins and a top 6 goal scoring winger

Most likley it would need:

Tanev, Horvat/McCann, Higgins, hamhuis rental

Which we cant afford to lose Tanev at this point

Say the stars aligned ad the hockey gods blessed the canucks...

Imagine: Acquiring RyJo, Keeping Tanev in process and 1 of Horvat and McCann

Signing FAs Lucic and Big Buff, Hamhuis returning for hometown discount after being dealt at deadline

Winning draft lotto Matthews.

Trading away Higgins, Burrows, Vrbata, weber, prust

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Baertschi-RyJo-Lucic

Shinkaruk-Matthews-Sutter

Dorsett-Horvat/McCann-Virtanen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Byfuglien

Hutton-Sbisa

Bartkowski

That would be incredibly lucky in our case, and admittedly I'm not a fan of sending either Horvat or McCann to that horrible organization. Only Weber deserves to go there.

Johansenn was a later bloomer, just like Bo. So I'd rather wait, and pick up Mathews instead.

17 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Starts at Horvat? I doubt that. Horvat has been brutal this year I think Cbj may not want him at the present time as the cornerstone of there return.

Im thinking top prospect, top 6 foreard and a 1st rounder. Problem is our 1st rounder could be first overall...

exactly right. Not much starts with Horvat. Not being able to read the play and defend is not a slump, it is simply showing that you are not  good. He was sheltered last year but not as much this year and the results are disastrous. how mnay times do you see him on an highlight of a goal agaisnt, just looking totally lost and useless?

Columbus probably has 29 GMs kicking the tires to see what the cost of Johansen is. And you think they'll be thinking of going with a struggling prospect from us? And the range that our first rounder could be is too great right now. If a Johansen trade is to be made, it needs to be a franchise altering trade, not a couple of gambles. We don't have the pieces that come close to what they can get from someone else.

I would never want to see Horvat traded for him.  Why trade for a guy with work ethic issues and turnover proneness for a guy who you know is always going to be a hard worker, responsible 2 way player and future team leader?  JB/TL/WD shake their heads at the thought

The Canucks need scoring support but their identity has to be a hardworking team going forward

Columbus will want a top pairing rhd as the starting point and unless jb is willing to give up tanev(i kinda doubt it) there's no way its ever going to happen. Cbj doesn't want our young forwards regardless of how we value them. Their system is filled with young up and coming forwards milano bjorkstrom reichel just off the top of my head come to mind

3 hours ago, Gstank29 said:

I think Nashville, and NJD are probably the best fits

NJD has a lot on young NHL defenceman and dont really have a true 1C

While Nashville has been looking for a 1C for 5 years now. Seth Jones and or Ryan Ellis are moveable pieces

CBJ is not getting Seth Jones, and Ryan Ellis has not a lot of value.  Tanev would be more likely than either of those two players.

Archived