The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks stuck in the reality of a rebuild - Pierre McGuire

AriGold

32 minutes ago, homersexual said:

Aquilini will NOT let the rebuild happen. Make the playoffs or else!

he works in the real industry estate right? he should know it does not take a day to build real estate, it takes time, just like a hockey team, and since he's also a die hard hockey fan he should know like every hard core Canuck, (the ones that know a little more in regards to the hockey theory of the game) that at some point we need a rebuild or a tank year to add that one or 2 player we can really build around.

Yep. Sadly, the only way the twins will win the cup is as third or fourth line role players here. There is still a slight chance, but.... its very slim.

I'm looking forward to the next generation, I hope they do it right, from the defense out.

Aquilini: You know, I know this rebuild doesn't exist. I know that when I watch the games, the Matrix is telling my brain that we are competitive and winners. After nine years, you know what I realize?

[Takes a wad of cash and waves it in his face]

Aquilini: Ignorance is bliss

giphy.gif

I can't see management moving forward with WD at the helm. It's just not working. Seeing his body language bottles up and frustrated every time something goes wrong is getting me all worked up too.

This guy isn't building confidence in the fans or media so I'm sure management is past that and looking at change. When though.

boeser is a damn good player

statistics can be misleading, but the dude has the tools to go with it. he's got the long reach, the good speed, the quick release, and the compete level on both ends of the ice. he also thinks the game past just himself. he's going to be a good one.

but yes, rebuild now 

imho The parity will be extreme enough this season in our division so the team will be 'in the hunt' all season long.

This is good news, actually, because that means they won't have to go through sweeping changes like they did after the Torts year.  It's a bloody waste of cash and resources to go through that song and dance after every bad year during a rebuild phase.

Archived