The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ITs time to get tough on the floaters and radar dodgers

canucklekassian

I think if he was just a fourth line guy, people would not be so hard on him. The fact he consistently gets 2nd line minutes, even PP time when he doesnt really produce anything offensively is what bothers people. Same reason for the Vey hate. 

You cant stick a guy who has already peaked into a role he is not fit for. A goal scoring role makes no sense, and he isnt hard on the forecheck or physical enough to provide space for our rookies. 

Either use him as a fourth line guy or make room for one of our rookies. 

24 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

I think if he was just a fourth line guy, people would not be so hard on him. The fact he consistently gets 2nd line minutes, even PP time when he doesnt really produce anything offensively is what bothers people. Same reason for the Vey hate. 

You cant stick a guy who has already peaked into a role he is not fit for. A goal scoring role makes no sense, and he isnt hard on the forecheck or physical enough to provide space for our rookies. 

Either use him as a fourth line guy or make room for one of our rookies. 

Make room...

8 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

The Higgins hate is BS, he is no floater  and has always put in an honest effort,

It just so happens that he isn't that good anymore,

He'd be a great 4th line minute eater on a cup contender, since he has the smarts and experience to not make costly mistakes, but at this point he is ineffective in any other role

But  just like Vey last year he's the designated target, but unlike Vey he does not posses world class offensive abilities, 10 goals and 14 assists in a rookie season and he gets blasted.

Had we kept him up that would have been   17 goals and 28 assists this year guaranteed, centering Vbrata and Hanson Vey would have had a 50 Pt. season, he also has the skill to get Virtannen the puck. put those two together with Vrby and  Jake may not be on his way to the worlds.

Those who refuse to admit Vey made plays last year that only elite passing talent are able to,  are willfully blind to the fact that he was our second most skilled center. He was sent down to let McCann and Jake play in spots they hadn't necessarily earned. And because aquillini, desperate to keep his income stable, though he could sell more tickets with the star rookies instead of the better qualified whipping boy.

Make no mistake, Vey should be on his way here now, to prove all of you wrong.

Ya, because Vey's doing so well in the AHL... It's one thing to give a smaller player who dominates the AHL a shot, but Vey showed nothing in the pre-season and is showing nothing now to suggest he'd fair any better than who we have playing at the moment, despite their lack of success.

2.5 million dollars for that blank stare? No thanks, Id play Vey and develop his talent. I hear the complaints of Vrbata, its like he's got injury or else he's unhappy...dont know what it is but too many passive aggressive players on this team. I miss Bieksa but when he's the toughest dude on your team your in trouble. Burrows is ailing as well and the Sedins are as slow as usual but they can handle the puck like wizards so compensate. As for the youth you can tell they are trying all they can. Watch Edler play closely and you can see he's holding that stick way too tight. I miss Salo. The best player for the last few years alongside the twins has to be Hansen without a doubt.

Archived