The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick O'Sullivan: "Burrows is the only guy who said he wanted to hurt me like me father did - why I can't stand him"

homersexual

16 minutes ago, Delta76 said:

I'm willing to bet a lot of players do this. The NHL has very little class left in it and honestly this is nothing.

Blatantly throwing a headshot in an attempt to concussion someone, cross checking their neck, slashing like an axe murderer. All worse than just words.

"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." These are pro athletes, I would think they have some mental toughness.

People wish that everyone let their game speak for them like the Sedins but look how well that worked. They are constantly picked on and we're around the league referee to as the Sedin sisters.

And the truly sad part is that NHL should be going after the head-shots, vicious slashes, dangerous cross checks etc. When the NBA has tougher suspensions than the NHL, you know something is not right.

@TheNHLisCrazy @PuckLuck1 @BruceIsOnline @vijayk416 Burrows only guy who said he wanted to hurt me like me father did-why I can't stand him

Patrick O'Sullivan Retweeted Alec

Right to my face, twice actually. Once in the minors and once in Vancouver early in my career.

Patrick O'Sullivan Retweeted Adrian™

What if the abuse was sexual or rape is it still a question you want to ask? What's the difference?

3 minutes ago, Caknuckle Puck said:

Enough with burrows..Do we really need this on our team? Someone that consistently gives us a bad reputation. 

Good question. Personally I'm tired of defending this stuff after ten years of it. He's like a clump of turd that's perpetually stuck on your shoe. Away with him!

14 minutes ago, homersexual said:

We still don't know what Burrows said to Tootoo, but obviously it wasn't very nice. Alcohol related? Suicide related?

Complete speculation.

League investigated.... no proof anything was said... lots of players have ears... the on ice officials didn't hear anything despite being right there...

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Complete speculation.

League investigated.... no proof anything was said... lots of players have ears... the on ice officials didn't hear anything despite being right there...

Nothing was ever going to come out of the league investigation anyway. There is nothing in the rules that prohibits someone from taking about suicide or alcoholism. So you cannot draw any conclusion from that.

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Patrick O'Sullivan Retweeted Alec

Right to my face, twice actually. Once in the minors and once in Vancouver early in my career.

O'Sullivan was only in the AHL at the same time as Alexandre Burrows in 2005-2006.

Burrows only played 33 games that year for the Moose at the beginning of the season before being permanently brought up to the Canucks.

This alleged incident happened BEFORE the Fifth Estate interview came out.  (2007)

How did Burrows know?

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

O'Sullivan was only in the AHL at the same time as Alexandre Burrows in 2005-2006.

Burrows only played 33 games that year for the Moose at the beginning of the season before being permanently brought up to the Canucks.

This alleged incident happened BEFORE the Fifth Estate interview came out.  (2007)

How did Burrows know?

When O'Sullivan was 16 in 2001 he got into a brawl with his father and had him arrested and got a restraining order against him. This was after his father stormed the team bus and dragged him off.

Seeing as how he was the #1 pick in the OHL draft, I guess it was big enough news and word got out.

Plus when you have a security detail provided to you by the NHL at the draft to keep your father away from you, word gets out.

Especially if Burrows does his homework.

How did Burrows know?

The fifth estate just brought the story out to the main stream audience. O'Sullivan was a known name, and there were plenty of rumors going around especially at the draft. 

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

When O'Sullivan was 16 in 2001 he got into a brawl with his father and had him arrested and got a restraining order against him. This was after his father stormed the team bus and dragged him off.

Seeing as how he was the #1 pick in the OHL draft, I guess it was big enough news and word got out.

Plus when you have a security detail provided to you by the NHL at the draft to keep your father away from you, word gets out.

Especially if Burrows does his homework.

Burrows wasn't in the OHL, he was in the Quebec Major Junior League.  He also didn't speak english very well at the time.  How does he know?

Burrows wasn't at the draft.  He was undrafted, slaving away in the basement leagues.

What Burrows said is no less trashy then O'sullivan telling his story for a post NHL pay day,

Not to be overly negative, I'm sure a big part of it is wanting to bring awareness to the issue and he did go through hell so it's his right to profit from his own pain should he choose,

But look at it this way: How aware were you of this book before the Burrows talk started?

How much more interested and aware are you now that Patric has dealt a little dirt on a current NHL'er?

Burrows is helping O'Sullivan promote and sell his book, whether he likes it or not.

If anything Patric should be sending Burrows a thank you card.

3 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

Burrows is about as innocent as Bill Cosby.

Another smear by association.  Cosby has admitted in court to administering drugs to women.

Burrows has denied saying what he is accused of.

Burrows has not been afraid to come out in public in other situations and state what was said... ie. Stephane Auger.

who cares what burrows said this is coming from a marginal player thats trying to sell a book about hes struggles  its called getting publicity   notice how the guy brings it up yrs after the fact shows you how hes missing a pair  if some one said something super offensive in hockey  theres many ways to get back at them  sorta sounds like a tattle tale   this guy did this to me wah wah wah cry me a river lots of people get abused and dont whine there whole life about it look at captain pickard  that guy geta  billion times more respect than this guy 

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Another smear by association.  Cosby has admitted in court to administering drugs to women.

Burrows has not been afraid to come out in public in other situations and state what was said... ie. Stephane Auger.

Oh because he denied it, guilt is absolved. OK then.

Burrows wasn't in the OHL, he was in the Quebec Major Junior League.  He also didn't speak english very well at the time.  How does he know?

Burrows wasn't at the draft.  He was undrafted, slaving away in the basement leagues.

The point is it was out there and known to many in the hockey community. 

3 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

In the Auger case, he came out and stated what the OTHER guy said.  Not really the same as admitting to saying grotesque things himself.

Archived