The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick O'Sullivan: "Burrows is the only guy who said he wanted to hurt me like me father did - why I can't stand him"

homersexual

If not for his back story he'd be a less talented Marchand. If this is true there's no defending it. I know it was likely intended to just get O'Sullivan off his game but this is so far offside it's unbelievable. Talk about tasteless, classless, crude, etc. If he played for another team we'd probably all hate him as much as Marchand. I respect him for his drive and determination, what he went through to get to where he is, and how he brings it every night...but man has he embarrassed the franchise on a few occasions.

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

These guys are a bunch of babies. You don't need to tell everyone what is supposedly being said out there. Leave it on the ice and in the NHL. If Burrows is really saying these kinds of things id be disappointed. However these players should be telling the league not the fans. Its just stupid. Guys say things in the heat of the moment that they don't mean. Not saying it is acceptable but honestly are players gonna speak out every time they don't like something that is said. Have some mental toughness and ignore or go after him and drop the gloves. Don't go on social media or to the media years later or right after you don't like being told something. This is the NHL so grow up. Its not junior. Its the best league in the world. Its becoming a joke, that being said Burrows shouldn't be crossing the line.

Because it worked so well when Tootoo tried to drop them  with Burrows right? If you talk smack back it up with you fists, unless your name is Kessel, Burrows does not.

1 minute ago, Spotted Zebra said:

Because it worked so well when Tootoo tried to drop them  with Burrows right? If you talk smack back it up with you fists, unless your name is Kessel, Burrows does not.

Im not saying Burrows is perfect, he should have drop them with Tootoo but players shouldn't be speaking out every time they don't like something. We don't even know if Burrows said anything

5 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

I think what Burrows said is hilarious, however, i'm not from the PC-whipped generation.

Ok.

im not of the pc generation either.

Nor am I osullivan.  

I woulda speared burr in the windpipe.

i guess our humour is different.

The best trash talkers talk about anything but the game. They get you thinking. They get you off. Mad. Sad. Upset. Confused. Horny. They even get you laughing.

I had a guy once tell me he was gonna suck my @$%^ all night. He was gonna let me &$%@ him in the @#$ after that. It worked. I was a little afraid of him, intimidated. Thrown off. I played with a centre that would always talk about the weather before a draw. Same two or three remarks. He thought it gave him an edge, the other centres weren't thinking about the draws. 

Yeah, Burrows' remarks may have been over the edge. It's sports. You get brutal out there

There's certain things that are just way offside. O'Sullivan was a helpless kid getting the living hell beaten out of him by a grown man, a big one. That kind of stuff can ruin lives. How is there anything funny at all about that? I'm not even being PC, that's just gross. Kinda embarrassed to see people on here trying to defend this actually. If this was another player in the league the lynch mob would be out en masse, 

There are reasons why the Canucks are one, if not the most hated team in the entire league. It's because of pests like Burrows. It's also because people here are fine with defending Burrows' antics, but cry out bloody murder whenever a player like Burrows, (I.E. Marchand, and Bolland) do the same things to the Canucks. Burrows has done a lot for the Canucks. He's scored some big goals like the Game 7 against Chicago, but there's no excuse for his antics. He's known as a pest around the league...countless players have expressed that. Assistant Captain....great way to represent the organization eh?

Yeesh.. I wonder how much more worse it was when we had Kesler-Burrows.

Just now, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I'm not defending anybody here. At all. There's no place for this in or outside of the sport.

Too bad it's going to happen until the end of time because the war on ice is as much mental and emotional as it is physical. It's like saying 'we're going to end bullying!' but ignoring the fact that people will always take the easiest route to upsetting someone.

No place for it? Sure. Is it going to stop here or in any other venue? Naive thinking.

Just now, Winter Soldier said:

Too bad it's going to happen until the end of time because the war on ice is as much mental and emotional as it is physical. It's like saying 'we're going to end bullying!' but ignoring the fact that people will always take the easiest route to upsetting someone.

No place for it? Sure. Is it going to stop here or in any other venue? Naive thinking.

If professional sports, the NHL included, has cracked down on homophobic slurs why can't they apply it here? Rajon Rondo was just suspended for doing such. 

Archived