The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick O'Sullivan: "Burrows is the only guy who said he wanted to hurt me like me father did - why I can't stand him"

homersexual

25 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Correct - but like it or not, Burrows is like another player in the league.

Marchand.

Not arguing, not even concerned really because I have no dog in this fight.

What he did in retrospect is in fact inexcusable, he has a history.  But there are far worse issues to suffer on the ice than mere words.  No matter how much of your past they dig up.

That's all I am saying

I'll give Burrows this: He's a hard working guy who took a long route to the bigs. He worked his arse off to get here. He loves his team, and would so anything for his team. A true heart and soul guy.

However, this isn't the first time we've heard this. In fact, we heard it last month with Tootoo. It's happened so many times, it leads me to believe that he is actually a total d!ck. Yes, chirp and chirp all you want, but don't take it this far. Like seriously, that's too far.

I for one am done defending this guy. He was awesome before, an agitator, a pest, and best of all, a dragon slayer. But his on ice chatter has gone too far. Enough is enough. Yes, the NHL isn't a popularity contest, but at the same time, you have to respect your opponents. 

Personally can't wait until his contract is up, because our reputation as a team wont get any better with Burrows on it.

1 minute ago, Jägermeister said:

I wonder how the people defending his (supposed) actions would feel if somebody dug deep into their past and started chirping them about something that greatly affected them.

I bet the tone would change.

This thread has been a good showcase about which posters do not have the ability empathize for another person.

I would want to punch them in the face. And i would in a hockey game. Why didn't Sally Sully.

Just listened to this segment on Sekeres & Price and my god it was painful.  If their view is so concrete then what's the point in taking calls?  I guess they feel a little short on the validation department.  Might as well take calls on what shape you think the Earth is. 

2 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

hahaha. That's hilarious. God I love burrows. People are way too oversensitive now-a-days. Must be the new generation. If you think this is bad you can't imagine the stuff that was said back in the 70's and 80's.

Lol, these new generation of kids are doomed. How does everybody pass in school? No fails? Lol

And then they come to work and sob when their boss tears them a new A-hole because they produced crap work. 

5 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

I would too.

But hey, maybe he didn't want to take a major penalty and put his team shorthanded?  Maybe he has some control over his emotions?

If he had control over his emotions he wouldn't be all over twitter crying his heart out about mean ol Burrows.  This guy has emotional written all over him.

If true. Burrows stepped over the line an was classless.  Not like it hasn't happened before with other
pests  though.

The timing of the accusations however, greatly reduces the impact of this.  If this was such a big deal to O'Sullivan, why did he wait 10years and then go public when he is promoting his book? He is trying to gain financially at Burrows' expense by creating sensationalist PR. 

If he was truly upset, did he ever try to reconcile with Burrows off the ice or did he just see this as a great opportunity to get revenge for a long ago wrong.

I don't see Alex as any angel and I don't like what was allegedly said but O'Sullivan is not innocent in this and is playing the victim card to the extreme for his own gain.

4 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

This is front page on TSN.ca and I can't find a mention of it on any of the other sports sites. Sportsnet, CBC, ESPN, or NHL.com.

Words uttered between two people 8 years ago shouldn't be news in my opinion.

Especially when there is no one who can corroborate what was  said. 

8 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

If he had control over his emotions he wouldn't be all over twitter crying his heart out about mean ol Burrows.  This guy has emotional written all over him.

He doesn't seem to be that emotional about it... he just said it happened and he doesn't like him.

Most of the posters in this thread are coming off more emotional to be honest lol.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

If true. Burrows stepped over the line an was classless.  Not like it hasn't happened before with other
pests  though.

The timing of the accusations however, greatly reduces the impact of this.  If this was such a big deal to O'Sullivan, why did he wait 10years and then go public when he is promoting his book? He is trying to gain financially at Burrows' expense by creating sensationalist PR. 

If he was truly upset, did he ever try to reconcile with Burrows off the ice or did he just see this as a great opportunity to get revenge for a long ago wrong.

I don't see Alex as any angel and I don't like what was allegedly said but O'Sullivan is not innocent in this and is playing the victim card to the extreme for his own gain.

I agree with all of this, and to add to the point, what does this do for Burrows' next contract negotiations? I'm guessing it's not going to help anything.

Archived