The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 0-2 Flyers

CANUCK-EXPRESS

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

Horvat 1st line center

As if he didn't have enough pressure.

Honestly it's almost laughable the luck this team has sometimes.

I say they just put Vey and Friesen in there and see what happens. Let McCann go play for Canada, he's not changing the results right now.

This is the bottom falling out and thank goodness for that. Let the injured heal, send McCann to the WJC, and let the chips fall where they may. 

The best thing to happen right now is for this team to continue to nosedive to the bottom of the league for this season. The last few seasons of mediocrity have done nothing for the future of the team. 

During the nosedive, the majority of the vets will continue to screw the pooch and accomplish sweet FA. Hopefully this gets through Benning's thick head and he can see the vets as nothing more than the trade bait they are. 

Then Benning can work magic at the draft and after ridding the team of the immense amount of dead weight it presently carries, he can sign and trade for some real talent to guide and protect the youth. 

The Sedins deserve a clean slate. No more Burrows, Vrbata, Edler, Higgins, Weber, Prust, and Dorsett. Enough with the Lollipop Guild. 

4 minutes ago, CanuckianOne said:

TSN1040 is saying the McCann was limping out of the dressing room after the game

Great so now they might not even be able to send him because they got greedy.

So who plays down the middle?

Horvat

Vey

Burrows

Cracknell

Dear god...

48 minutes ago, khay said:

You make it sound like he did what the fans wanted. He did what he wanted not what we wanted. I never asked for that much youth to be inserted. I thought Virtanen wasn't ready and McCann was borderline ready due to him not filling out his frame.

In no way is having a single source of failure an acceptable plan. If Benning built a team where Sutter's injury caused total collapse, then he should be blamed for building a team with a single source of failure.

I agree, Of course we all want more good young players in the system. But I feel better about Boeser doing well in the NCAA than about McCann getting crushed in the NHL.

McCann was a very pleasant surprise in training camp and deserved to make the team come out of camp. But the worry was always that he would get worn down by the NHL -- always playing against bigger, stronger players, and the travel, and the pressure. Personally I would have been much happier to see him to go to the world juniors and then back to the OHL where he can continue his development.

The Virtanen situation is similar. A lot of people were happy to seem him get his 9-game tryout. But then I would have preferred to see him go back to Junior.

And the problem with Sutter is that Benning is paying too much for him, making it impossible to fit an established bottom six center (like Richardson) under the cap.

But it looks like the Canucks are being forced into full rebuild mode. I just wonder how long it will be before someone actually admits the truth about what is happening.

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

As if he didn't have enough pressure.

Honestly it's almost laughable the luck this team has sometimes.

I say they just put Vey and Friesen in there and see what happens. Let McCann go play for Canada, he's not changing the results right now.

Horvat

Vey

Cracknell

Friesen

Best center core in the NHL.

Wouldnt suprise me if hank played injured if not we wont win a single game. There is just no way

Archived