The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you jumping off the Band Wagon? (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Are you a band wagoner?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Naw, I'll still keep watching. Ever since I started liking hockey (which was only a few years ago :blink:), I've been watching the Canucks and I've seen some of their good days and bad days, too. Whatever the case may be, I will keep cheering them on because they have a special place in my heart. :)

We have a team that once you get by Sedins and Hansen is incapable of scoring goals.

So, we have a team that cannot score, can't keep the puck out of our net and has dreadful special teams,  

Our Management team has done nothing to address the loss of 2 top 4 Dmen and our #2 and possibly #1 Centers,

We have a coach that just keeps throwing the same lines over the boards every game, refuses to play Vrbata with the twins and refuses to break up Bo and Sven for whatever reason I don't know.

When Cracker, Prust and Dorsett is your 2nd best line every game, it is a sign that your team is crap

I will be hopping back on the bandwagon when our GM and Coach make an attempt to address this

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

As long as they play the right way, the actual score is of little consequence to me this and largely next year.

Exactly. 

I'm more enthused about the team right now than I've been for a long time - like since the 2011 run.

We're bringing the kids into the league and will slowly round out into a really good team I believe. I don't get it, at the start of the year everyone was all for being a "not great" team in order to become a better team a few years from now...did everyone not understand that being "not great" meant we would lose a lot of games? 

All of this sucking is very exciting.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sure we keep cheering. My question is what a 'bad wagon' is? I like to think I am realistic. This roster is not playoff competitive let alone CUP competitive. As a fan I focus more on the young players to watch their development. In the Philly game I saw lots of effort on that front, especially Horvat, Hutton, Markstrom and Baer.

Another aspect of the Canucks I watch with interest are the moves Benning makes and development in Utica.

There is still lots to see in the Canucks but cheering as if this club will be a short term winner is naïve.

To me a bandwagon is something you get on and off.
If you are always cheering for the team you aren't any where near a bandwagon.

I will cheer but I will still complain or blatantly point out what I don't like. For example I can't stand Vey but I guarantee I will be cheering for him tonight.

13 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I don't care any more. How other people cheer for the Canucks doesn't affect my viewing experience.

Good times or bad, I'm stuck with this team and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Im surprised you have so much rep lol. Having your username brad marchand in cdc doesnt seem like a good idea lol.

On to the topic. Band wagoners are not fans of the game. They are fans of bragging. I have a few friends whose favorite teams change every year. And guess what? They always seem to be serious cup contenders lol

Canucks through thick and thin baby. Plus i am also a habs fan so i can watch the playoffs still this year! But the Nucks are my 1 and only "favorite team". And i will never be ashamed to say that no matter how bad we are. Im not worried about this bad year. I know in 2-5 years we will be contenders again because i believe in Benning and Lindens plan. So many people judge the few bad moves hes made but never seem to encourage the good.

GO CANUCKS!!!!

I will always support the team and continue to do so, however at the same time if I'm going to be paying money to watch the games I would absolutely be more likely to shell out my hard earned cash if there were a higher chance of them winning.  At the end of the day sports is entertainment and winning is more entertaining.

I can't remember when I became a Canuck fan, somewhere north of 50 years ago......I can't imagine not dreaming of my Canucks winning the cup someday!

After the last puck is dropped in the season, I am thinking of our new up and coming year, wondering what our GM will do at the draft, who will we sign in the summer, making my guesses as to who will make the club, cheering and agonizing during the games, sometimes in the same game, hoping Bo will develop, Watching McCann shoot, or Jake hit McDavid.....

It seems every year there is something new to talk about in the coffee-room at work....from day one, I have watched the draft wheel, seen Linden's heart (swore at Messier! ^#%! bastd), I remember Moe Lemay, and Pavel's first shift in the NHL, and Hank and Daniel's wizardry

Recently, I yelled and then laughed at Hamhuis, all in one thought, only to anguish at his injury moments later....I can relate to the poster that says he turns off the TV so he won't break it, I have been afraid of that too, But I have to watch........................................

I can't help it, I love our team

34 years and going strong...maybe a little more opinionated, less knowledgeable but appreciative when the boys leave it all out on the ice. And when they don't, then willing to endure the pain of the building process. Why? Because I'm a Canuck fan...kind of reminds me of a Packers fan.

I've remained a Canuck fan during the LaForge stint and Messier years, which for me were the lowest point of the Canucks. Bleed Canuck blue.

On 18/12/2015 at 5:05 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I hate band wagoner's. Those "FANS" that will not watch their team, if they are loosing or not competitive.........

I don't care if you whine, suggest trades, call out a player or coach, but I absolutely hate those "FANS" that stop going to the games, even though they have tickets, will turn off the TV or change the channel or even threaten to stop watching....it is all the same

Are you a band-wagoner?

Be Honest!

If you care that much about what other people do, i think this is more on you than them.

Archived