The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you jumping off the Band Wagon? (Discussion)

J.I.A.H.N

Are you a band wagoner?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/18/2015 at 8:20 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Unlike Bieksa I really will be going down with the ship! Hopefully we're not down for long!

Sorry to bring up an old topic.

He went down as far as he could. He didn't ask to jump ship, he was asked to do so. You can't fault him for leaving, however, if he really wanted to go down he would have fought to stay. New personnel can be persuasive. With that being said, I am not a "bandwagonner" as I wake up in the early AM to watch live games in order to catch the intermission discussion. Lately, I haven't been disturbing my sleep as I felt they weren't playing proper hockey. The Panthers game is a shouting example. I want them to win just as much as everyone else, and I also want them to go 82-0 with 16 post season wins. But I have to manage my losses.

I think getting up at 4 am to watch home games takes a lot of dedication. But that also means I don't get to enjoy a brew while watching the game, let alone cheer with anyone. I don't get to talk about the game with anyone, which means a lot of anger that doesn't get blown off. I am a lone soldier in my anger and happiness. I've lived away from BC for most the last 15 years and sadly, have gotten used to being alone in my support of the Canucks. So from time to time, I take a breather. After 2011, I had to decide if I should pay for Gamecentre live, which I didn't. I think it was the low price of the lock out that roped me in. So, unlike my brother, I will not support any team the way I support the Canucks. I would cheer on a team the comes from north of the boarder to win the damn cup! I am tired of teams that clearly have bandwagon support win what should be in Vancouver!! Haha, jk, we don't deserve it yet. 

So do I hate bandwagoners? No, as long as they know who they are. If they claim to be big supporters, I will put them in their place. But as I mentioned earlier, I don't see them. It sure would be nice to go for a beer with someone and discuss the team. Anyway, I certainly hope they can turn the season around, even though they hold a play off spot. They just won't be competitive enough to go the distance. Just play the game 60 minutes at a time!! Make the fans happy and optimistic again is all I ask from the millionaires on ice.

Archived