The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings | Dec 18 | 4:30PM | SNP | Star Wars Edition |

Blueberries

2mzawy.jpg

2wdy0zq.png

jq1h51.jpg

Some Star Wars for ya:

23rpmkx.jpg

CANUCKS (11-14-8) at RED WINGS (16-9-6)

TV: SN, FS-D+

Season Series: Petr Mrazek made 30 saves and had the assist on Gustav Nyquist's goal in overtime in a 3-2 Detroit Red Wings victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Oct. 24. Detroit overcame a 2-0 third-period deficit. Alexandre Burrowshad two assists for the Canucks, and Ryan Miller made 25 saves.

Canucks team scope: Vancouver could be without captain Henrik Sedin, who left a 2-0 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday with a lower-body injury. Coach Willie Desjardins said it wasn't a new injury but that the Canucks would call up a forward from Utica of the American Hockey League in case Sedin can't go. "I've been aware of [the injury] for a little bit. Hopefully he'll have a good night and we'll see where he is tomorrow," Desjardins said after the game. "It'll get tougher. But it'll give other guys a chance in maybe different roles. You never know." Henrik Sedin is second on the team in scoring (nine goals, 31 points). The Canucks have lost three straight games and have been shut out twice during that span.

Red Wings team scope: Jimmy Howard, who has lost his past two starts, will be in net; he and Mrazek have alternated starts in the past eight games. Forward Thomas Tatar, who has played in all 31 games this season, was ill on Wednesday but practiced Thursday and expects to play. "I feel better. I just had a little fever, was day-to-day," Tatar told the Red Wings website after practice. "No hurt parts, nothing injured or anything. Just feeling a little under the weather." Detroit is 8-1-5 in its past 14 games. Defenseman Kyle Quincey practiced with the team for the first time since having ankle surgery on Nov. 14. He said he expects to travel with the team following the holiday break but didn't put a timetable on his return to the lineup.

I predicted a win in Philly for the Canucks (that was their best chance on this road trip..IMO)....They will be in very tough against the Wings (actually,..against anybody right now),coming off a back to back ,with key regulars out of the lineup...Having said that,watch them win the game...lol

49 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

#pathwaytomoresuccess #anotherone #nevergiveup #neversurrender #don'teverplayyourself #keytosuccess #blessup

Some inspirational quotes from the one true philosophical prodigy DJ Khaled.

LIIIIOOONNNN.

I hope the Canucks have had their gummy vitamins and egg whites with turkey sausage.

LOL nice idea for "Star Wars: the Tank Awakens".

Tough to envision any good result tomorrow, with the roster depleted as it is.  Gotta feel for whoever the #1 center is, since among the available guys (Bo/ McCann/ Cracker/ whoever they call up) none of them are really ready for the role.  If they pick either Bo or McCann just hope their confidence wouldn't be too shot if the Wings' big guns overpower them and they feel out of their comfort zone, and I wouldn't mind if they put a veteran winger with center experience (e.g. Burr/ Higgins) there just to buffer them.  Alternatively, Bo would be a solid choice also as some coaches like to let their guys play through ruts and Bo can learn as he plays against tough competition.

Not sure of the scorers but predicting 3-0 or 4-1 Wings.    

12 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I hope the Canucks have had their gummy vitamins and egg whites with turkey sausage.

chef D wuz gud

8 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I CAME FROM THE MUD

Let me be clear, you gotta make it through the jungle to make it to paradise. thats the key. bless up.

Archived