The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Trade R.Miller to San Jose

IMO. we are not in the playoffs this year.

San Jose looks unproven in the crease.. Hopeful of another strong playoff run,. dare they not be prepared in the most important position after the regular season?  

Ryan Miller has been outstanding 90-95 % of his starts, and im sure would like to be on a cup contender, closer to his wife and child.

if an interest is noted from San Jose, then we ask to talk to Brent Burns who is UFA at the end of season.. If we can write an extension into his contract (1yr) with promise of negotiating a 3-5 year term roughly around Miller's (6m per)   Anyone want to bite?

to San Jose.    Ryan Miller + (your choice)

to Vancouver  Martin Jones  and Brent Burns

Jones is from North Vancouver and an up and coming goalie like Markstrom.

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

1) Why would San Jose want Miller?

2) Why would we want Jones with Markstrom and Demko coming up?

3) Why in God's name would San Jose include Burns on top of that??

7 minutes ago, Edlerberry said:

exactly, so why would they do this

Id say the Sharks choke again without proven goaltending. They will dismantle after this year, and try to use Burns as their centerpiece.. Or use his potential to fill that need before he becomes UFA.   If they fall short of the cup this season,.  I think Almost everyone will want out of San Jose.. Including Burns.

A cup may be the only thing that keeps mangement and team intact.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Id say the Sharks choke again without proven goaltending. They will dismantle after this year, and try to use Burns as their centerpiece.. Or use his potential to fill that need before he becomes UFA.   If they fall short of the cup this season,.  I think Almost everyone will want out of San Jose.. Including Burns.

A cup may be the only thing that keeps mangement and team intact.

Burns is an absolute stud and shouldn't even be considered for a trade. Hilarious you think we can get all of that for Miller though. 

8 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

We might be able to snag a 3rd round pick.  Maybe even a 2nd.  

But Burns and Jones? Lol. 

If San Jose shopped Burns they would be able to get an incredible package for him (yes, even as a pending UFA).

Miller is worthy of a big portion of that,.  add whomever else you wish,.  But i see to much pressure in San Jose .. It showed in player/ management relations this past Summer,. Its either in the Cup Championship, or..  BOOM !! 

13 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

Miller is here till the end of his contract, unless by miracle some contender next season loses their backup and there is no one else available at the deadline.   Pretty easy to find a 3 goal a game goalie for less than 6 mil that isn't 35.

I gotta agree.  He's not tradable unless we attach him and his whining skinny ass and oversized pads (because he SUCKS) to something - or someone - of real good (hahaha) value.  He's a valueless overpaid piece of monkey crap, much like a lot of the vets on our team.  And they all have NTCs too.  Not that we could trade them anyway, but What the hell is that?  

Whatever.  I'm not on the Miller bandwagon, and thought it was a bad signing from the start.  But he doesn't "suck".  He's just not the goalie he used to be, and not worth his contract.

If we could unload him, I have zero issues.  By this point, we need to offload any vets we can for whatever we can. 

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Ryan Miller has been outstanding 90-95 % of his starts, and im sure would like to be on a cup contender, closer to his wife and child.

Were you dropped on your head a lot as a child?  Eat paint chips as a toddler?  Go to the Don Cherry school of Homerism?

Take a look at where Mr. Outstanding is in relation to the rest of the goalies in the league.  Out of all goalies in the league who have played at least 10 games, Miller ranks #32. 

Your proposal is uninformed, homer ridden, and truly ridiculous.  So basically it fits in with 75% of the posts within the Proposals and Armchair GM'ing section.

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Whatever.  I'm not on the Miller bandwagon, and thought it was a bad signing from the start.  But he doesn't "suck".  He's just not the goalie he used to be, and not worth his contract.

If we could unload him, I have zero issues.  By this point, we need to offload any vets we can for whatever we can. 

In comparison to most other goalies in the NHL, he does indeed "suck".

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportType=season&report=goaliesummary&season=20152016&gameType=2&sort=savePctg,wins,goalsAgainstAverage&aggregate=0&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,10&pos=G

There's really not much reason think that San Jose would want Miller. Jones has upside and I believe the Sharks are willing to let him come into is own. There's no way the Canucks would get Jones and Burns for Miller. It would cost much more than that, and even with that being said the Sharks would probably have little interest in making this deal. 

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Were you dropped on your head a lot as a child?  Eat paint chips as a toddler?  Go to the Don Cherry school of Homerism?

Take a look at where Mr. Outstanding is in relation to the rest of the goalies in the league.  Out of all goalies in the league who have played at least 10 games, Miller ranks #32. 

Your proposal is uninformed, homer ridden, and truly ridiculous.  So basically it fits in with 75% of the posts within the Proposals and Armchair GM'ing section.

You obviously see a TEAM or some kind of DEFENCE in front of him.. I dont...  maybe your mother poked you in the eyeballs with her fork at every breakfast, perhaps all you survived on was the toe jam you could suck from your toes,. and perhaps like Kaitlyn Jennings, you are now unhappy with some life decisions you have made.

touch'e or (2-shay) ?  Who said Mr Outstanding?  ... must be you..  he has played outstanding for us.

Archived