The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) njd-van

billabong

to njd: shinkaruk

to van: gelinas

we have way too many young wingers and a very thin blueline and new jersey is the opposite so its a good match

i feel shinkaruk will get flipped for a dman at some point because with mccann probably being converted to winger and baerschi in the line up where does another relatively small skilled winger fit in?

sedin-sedin-hansen

mccann-sutter-virtanen

baerschi-horvat-burrows

higgins-cracknell-dorsett

gaunce-vey-grenier

edler-tanev

hutton-sbisa

gelinas-xxxxx

bartkowski-fedun/pdean

shinkaruk is one of those players who needs to be put in a scoring role to succeed and with that line up essentially already set for next season i think hes become redundant and expendable

gelinas is big young defenseman with a cannon of a shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vXcJnugcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HgjZVktL8M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-dRLX6mxM

I get really annoyed when people try to trade shink... We don't have "way too many winger prospects" we literally have 3 with top 6 potential. Boeser, Virtanen, and Shink. Shink is our only Left winger with top line potential, I understand that we need D prospects but it's not like we also don't need  wingers. Unless Gelinas is going to be a future top 2 defenceman we have plenty of bottom 4 D prospects, we just need Blue chip top pair potential D prospects.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan10 said:

I get really annoyed when people try to trade shink... We don't have "way too many winger prospects" we literally have 3 with top 6 potential. Boeser, Virtanen, and Shink. Shink is our only Left winger with top line potential, I understand that we need D prospects but it's not like we also don't need  wingers. Unless Gelinas is going to be a future top 2 defenceman we have plenty of bottom 4 D prospects, we just need Blue chip top pair potential D prospects.

I think a lot of us, including JB I suspect, don't see Shink as having top six potential.  If we can get a second rounder, or equivalent D level prospect, he's bye bye - IMHAO.

7 hours ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Yes, but we have even LESS defencemen.

The premise for this trade is perfect and something I've stressed before. Severson and Larsson are pretty untouchable (maybe not so much Severson this season), and Gelinas has always been great. They've got a plethora of good early-20 year old defencemen, we've got too many good young wingers that two of them (Gaunce and Shinkaruk) who belong in the NHL this season are still burried in the AHL.

I'd do Gaunce or Shinkaruk for Gelinas straight up in a heart-beat, but we may need to add a pick because they're still more or less not NHL proven like Gelinas. NJD desperately need young forwards and Gaunce/Shink would step right into the NHL.

6 hours ago, PlanB said:

This is literally the first time I've heard anything about McCann being converted to center? 

Plus, if Shink is being dangled, he should fetch far more than Gelinas the way he's lighting up the AHL imo.

I'm assuming you meant from centre...?

well he can't be a 4th line centre forvever so either him or sutter is gonna have to convert  to wing

dont under value gelinas, some would say gelinas is worth more

29 minutes ago, billabong said:

I'm assuming you meant from centre...?

well he can't be a 4th line centre forvever so either him or sutter is gonna have to convert  to wing

dont under value gelinas, some would say gelinas is worth more

Yeah,  sorry....'from' center is what I meant. 

And if Shink could maintain a point per game pace  (or better) for a large part of this season in Utica, I don't think it would be unreasonable to think JB could get an asset like Theodore,  Sanheim, or Pouliot either straight across or in a package.   That would certainly go a long way in speeding up the blueline overhaul imo.  

7 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Yeah,  sorry....'from' center is what I meant. 

And if Shink could maintain a point per game pace  (or better) for a large part of this season in Utica, I don't think it would be unreasonable to think JB could get an asset like Theodore,  Sanheim, or Pouliot either straight across or in a package.   That would certainly go a long way in speeding up the blueline overhaul imo.  

A 21 year old winger averaging over a ppg (if he keeps up that pace) is surely worth a blue chip d-prospect imo.  Even if you have to throw in a utility guy like a Higgins or low pick to whomever you are trading with. 

On December 20, 2015 at 1:23 AM, Yotes said:

Gelinas would be a nice add, but not for Shink. Like another poster said he is our only chance at a top 6 lw in our prospect pool.

If they were interested in jensen/grenier and maybe we can send higgins on top of that? Can dream right

Well what if lucic signs here or ladd or McCann gets converted to LW than there's no room for him

you have to give up quality to gain quality and we need a young dman more than a young winger

On 12/19/2015 at 0:05 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yes, but we have even LESS defencemen.

The premise for this trade is perfect and something I've stressed before. Severson and Larsson are pretty untouchable (maybe not so much Severson this season), and Gelinas has always been great. They've got a plethora of good early-20 year old defencemen, we've got too many good young wingers that two of them (Gaunce and Shinkaruk) who belong in the NHL this season are still burried in the AHL.

I'd do Gaunce or Shinkaruk for Gelinas straight up in a heart-beat, but we may need to add a pick because they're still more or less not NHL proven like Gelinas. NJD desperately need young forwards and Gaunce/Shink would step right into the NHL.

Eric Gelinas:  143 games played 51 points

Bo Horvat:  103 games 35 points

Sven Baertschi:  98 games 40 points

Linden Vey:  95 games 29 points.

Proven?  Seriously man?  

Stop making statements like that while calling players like Horvat/Baertschi etc not ready for the NHL or expendable with a mere 40 ish game difference.  

You'd trade our ONLY NHL ready LW + more for Gelinas...an LHD who would be top 4 on our team over who again?

Shinkaruk represents our ONLY LW ready player considered top 6 potential.  Gaunce our only NHL ready LW considered bottom 6.  Trade them and we're waiting 1 to 2 seasons for anyone else or as someone pointed out grossly over paying on the free agent market for guys like Ladd or Lucic and hoping they can continue projecting upwards on the downsides of their careers....

You really need to think these things out before you type.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2015 at 3:19 AM, Warhippy said:

Eric Gelinas:  143 games played 51 points

Bo Horvat:  103 games 35 points

Sven Baertschi:  98 games 40 points

Linden Vey:  95 games 29 points.

Proven?  Seriously man?  

Stop making statements like that while calling players like Horvat/Baertschi etc not ready for the NHL or expendable with a mere 40 ish game difference.  

You'd trade our ONLY NHL ready LW + more for Gelinas...an LHD who would be top 4 on our team over who again?

Shinkaruk represents our ONLY LW ready player considered top 6 potential.  Gaunce our only NHL ready LW considered bottom 6.  Trade them and we're waiting 1 to 2 seasons for anyone else or as someone pointed out grossly over paying on the free agent market for guys like Ladd or Lucic and hoping they can continue projecting upwards on the downsides of their careers....

You really need to think these things out before you type.

I said Gaunce and Shinkaruk are more or less not NHL-proven, I never said anything about Horvat or Baertschi...nice try, read my post again and save yourself the time of looking up stats and numbers, that must be embarassing for you.

You need to read these things before you type buddy.

On 12/21/2015 at 3:19 AM, Warhippy said:

Here's my big issue with the Canucks management and a lot of CDC fans that for whatever reason people simply don't get.

Yes, Shinkaruk is probably our #1 LW prospect not in the NHL for a top-6 spot and Gaunce for a bottom-6 spot. But look at our depth chart, our team is INCREDIBLY unbalanced right now. The last two drafts we've gone with wingers (RW sure but they can easily play the left side as well) with our highest picks.

You're watching first-hand now how thin our defensive pool is, both prospects and veterans and AHLers. This team is getting shredded defensively on a nightly basis and it's 100% due to the fact that Benning never stocked the cupboard before the season started.

These are the sorts of trades Benning needs to make to balance out our team. Shinkaruk for Gelinas makes sense for both teams. Shink is being wasted in the AHL right now, that's wasted NHL value, while we need that value on defence. Even next season only one of Shink and Gaunce will get a sniff at NHL time because of how deep we are. Here's our current depth chart at the positions, just look at that discrepancy and where we need to swap some value. Obviously the LW and RW are pretty interchangeable when they want to be as are some centers who can also fill winger roles.

LW: Daniel Sedin, Baertschi, Dorsett, Higgins, Cracknell, Shinkaruk, Gaunce 

C: Henrik Sedin, Sutter, Horvat, McCann, Vey

RW: Hansen, Burrows, Prust, Virtanen, Boeser, Grenier

LD: Edler, Hamhuis, Sbisa, Hutton, Bartkowski, Pedan

RD: Tanev, Biega, Weber, Subban

Defence is lacking in quantity and quality. I will happily trade away our best or second best left winger prospect to fill that giant need on defence, particularly on the right side.That's what good GMs manage to do - construct a well balanced team by moving their assets around the maximize their impact. Right now we've got Shink and Gaunce wasted in the AHL because of how many wingers we have, and not enough defencemen at all.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Here's my big issue with the Canucks management and a lot of CDC fans that for whatever reason people simply don't get.

Yes, Shinkaruk is probably our #1 LW prospect not in the NHL for a top-6 spot and Gaunce for a bottom-6 spot. But look at our depth chart, our team is INCREDIBLY unbalanced right now. The last two drafts we've gone with wingers (RW sure but they can easily play the left side as well) with our highest picks.

You're watching first-hand now how thin our defensive pool is, both prospects and veterans and AHLers. This team is getting shredded defensively on a nightly basis and it's 100% due to the fact that Benning never stocked the cupboard before the season started.

These are the sorts of trades Benning needs to make to balance out our team. Shinkaruk for Gelinas makes sense for both teams. Shink is being wasted in the AHL right now, that's wasted NHL value, while we need that value on defence. Even next season only one of Shink and Gaunce will get a sniff at NHL time because of how deep we are. Here's our current depth chart at the positions, just look at that discrepancy and where we need to swap some value. Obviously the LW and RW are pretty interchangeable when they want to be as are some centers who can also fill winger roles.

LW: Daniel Sedin, Baertschi, Dorsett, Higgins, Cracknell, Shinkaruk, Gaunce 

C: Henrik Sedin, Sutter, Horvat, McCann, Vey

RW: Hansen, Burrows, Prust, Virtanen, Boeser, Grenier

LD: Edler, Hamhuis, Sbisa, Hutton, Bartkowski, Pedan

RD: Tanev, Biega, Weber, Subban

Defence is lacking in quantity and quality. I will happily trade away our best or second best left winger prospect to fill that giant need on defence, particularly on the right side.That's what good GMs manage to do - construct a well balanced team by moving their assets around the maximize their impact. Right now we've got Shink and Gaunce wasted in the AHL because of how many wingers we have, and not enough defencemen at all.

NJ may have interest in Vey, Jensen, grenier, Higgins, Burrows, dorsett and baertschi. They need bottom 6 nhl depth.

I would move baertschi I know his game has picked up but I think SHinkaruks game is better suited for our division.

would they do baertschi for gelinas? or something along baertschi for severson we can add to it

Archived