The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks Win 4-3!

Apricot

Entertaining game.

Good energy level by all not named Higgins - his lazy waive at Zetterberg late in the game resulted in the tying goal.

Miller great in the shootout.

Kids really set the pace and carried the team.

Willie still puzzles me...Burrows taking the faceoff on the 4 on 3? really?

Just now, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

everyone is gonna pick Miller as the reason we won. No the reason this team won today was because of the junk yard dog Beiga, he was all over the ice in the defensive zone. I think he broke many scoring chances, and many tap ins.

Now this is the thing, imagine hamuis was still on the team and they remained healthy, would you see Biega? Well I watched him in the AHL playoffs, called him a junkyard dog then and I will call him that again. This guy played his best game and as far as im  concerned he's the reason we won. Garret is a clown picking guys who score, Biega did more then score tonight he saved many goals. 

Biega is a similar case to Griener, another guy who I watched in the playoffs and enjoyed his game, but again the only way management give the guys in the farm who are ready for the NHL is through a injury.  

Woah woah woah. 

There is only one JYD

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Biega is playing very well.  Much more effective than Weber and considerably more physical.  Sit Weber and put in Pedan.

Do we have one of those orange traffic cones, just in case Pedan's flight is delayed?  No more Weber, Higgins, and (sorry posters) Burrows.  

It's crazy that Higgins had four consecutive seasons of 20+ goals with the Habs. Two of those he nearly had 30. It's incredible how far his play has fallen since then. He's not even that old, he just isn't good at anything besides PK. He's not particularly fast, doesn't have great vision or a great shot nor is he physical. Usually you could at least count on him to work hard but now he's making lazy plays all over the ice. He's got buyout written all over him. I used to really like him when the Canucks first got him but his play has dropped off so much that he's a liability every time he's on the ice he's also contractually hamstringing the Canucks. He's likely Europe bound.

Is it possible that Henrik's injury is a blessing in disguise? (NOT wishing him any ill will obviously) Might just be what the "kids" need though.

On a side note. Higgins? Willie really?? WTF is your love affair with this guy? Soooooooo glad when the Canucks are finally rid oif Higgins. Really starting to hate his lack of effort. Total waste of space on the ice with his half hearted "stick wave" on the tying goal. Geez!!

The kids really stepped up, it's as if they finally realized no one's going to score without Hank so they have to, and they were damn good when they wanted to be. Baertschi was unbelievable and really controlled the game when he was on the ice, if he can keep that up consistently we'll have a gem in him.

Horvat was alright, solid all night long for a 20 year old 1C which is pretty impressive. I'm still impressed by McCann's full 200 foot game and how good he is all over for a rookie. He went head to head with Datsyuk in overtime and matched him perfectly man on man, which is great because Datsyuk should be the type of player McCann moulds his game around.

Vbrata was obviously brilliant, Daniel Sedin looks pretty lost out there by himself with no one to play his passing game with, Hansen was fantastic and the 4th line played the way they need to nightly. Defensively I am shocked at how good Biega is and I think he needs more credit, Biega and Bartkowski are playing better than Edler and Tanev right now. Those were some brilliant defensive plays, great skating and nice elusive puck handling out of the zone by Biega, and Bartkowski plays a strong, hard physical game now that he's a bit more confident. Weber was alright, nothing special or particularly bad, but Biega deserves more ice time.

Miller's game was all over the place, BRUTAL goal to give up in the final minute but he made some monster saves there too. His game is very up and down so hopefully this win gives him some confidence.

You can only hope that the Canucks use this game as a building block confidence-wise. Horvat named a star, McCann finally with a goal, the defence kept the chances down, the offence ripped it up, it was a great game by everyone so you just hope confidence propels the kids into a streak here, because we need to keep pace with the Flames.

9 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Fun game...gutsy win for a depleted squad....For the first time,WD had the right players on the ice 3 on 3...IMO...Good to see the young players score.

So he got half of it right, the shoot out choices on the other hand ...

They do make it interesting though don't they? All I could do was chuckle when the Wings tied it up with 1 minute left.

It did look like an adjustment 3on3, they were conscious of possession more than in previous games and they got Miller to a shootout. I didn't like the way he kept flexing that knee at the end there though.

Archived