The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT: Canucks Win 4-3!

Apricot

11 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Poor Burrows...he still tries hard but just doesn't have it.  Seeing the kids in the line up it is easier to see how our vets have lost speed and struggle to keep up.  I can stomach Alex because of his effort and passion, Higgins makes me scream with his casual, lazy fly bys.  How can a guy who is basically a third line player survive in this league without ever playing the body or going to the hard areas? 

He's the team's Santa.:lol:

1 minute ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

The boys played hard tonight, what an exciting game. Win or Lose, this is what I want to see.

Horvat taking down someone after the whistle

Dorsett being involved all game long

Bartkowski showing some grit pushing a guy down

We skated and were hard on the forecheck. 

Yea, that was awesome. Fighting back.

12 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Would Scotty Bowman have rewarded a floater like Higgins with a chance in the shootout? Nope, he would haved nailed his butt to the bench. Willie needs to be shipped out on the same bus as Higgins....throw Weber in the luggage compartment 

McCann should have been a shooter...

If I was Aquilini, I would call JB with a suggestion. Waive Higgins and call up Gaunce. I would then suggest dealing Burrows and bring up Shink. 

I would rather watch fast, young efforting players struggle than slow old players struggle.

I would also disappear Weber and let Pedan play his spot. If we are going to struggle, let's get the young guys who care get the chance. 

10 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

The boys played hard tonight, what an exciting game. Win or Lose, this is what I want to see.

Horvat taking down someone after the whistle

Dorsett being involved all game long

Bartkowski showing some grit pushing a guy down

We skated and were hard on the forecheck. 

The increased physicality was a welcome sight indeed. Nice to see the team realize that they aren't shrinking violets. 

Sorry for all the typos, my tablet hates this board. If the Pedan has to work on his pivots, then this is not the level to do it. He's going to look like a turnstile out there, and everybody's going to go wide on him. Again that's why Willie has not exposed him at this level. He's only here in case of an emergency. Weber obviously must be a far better skater. He's played in one game as a winger, obviously not ready for this level.

1 minute ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

If I was Aquilini, I would call JB with a suggestion. Waive Higgins and call up Gaunce. I would then suggest dealing Burrows and bring up Shink. 

I would rather watch fast, young efforting players struggle than slow old players struggle.

I would also disappear Weber and let Pedan play his spot. If we are going to struggle, let's get the young guys who care get the chance. 

How exactly do you disappear someone? 

Archived