The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AquaMan may step in soon.

ShakyWalton

Sounds to me like this thread is simply a subtle way of voicing your opinion on coach, but you felt that it was so important, that you had to make a new thread about it. 

"I don't own the team or anything, I'm just saying that this Acquellini guy might be mad at WD. He might try to fire him any day now. I just have a good feeling about it. I don't him personally, I'm just saying." 

6 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Sounds to me like this thread is simply a subtle way of voicing your opinion on coach, but you felt that it was so important, that you had to make a new thread about it. 

"I don't own the team or anything, I'm just saying that this Acquellini guy might be mad at WD. He might try to fire him any day now. I just have a good feeling about it. I don't him personally, I'm just saying." 

lol..

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The three words that best describe this thread are as follows, and I quote: Stink, stank, stunk!

you forgot Shink...its all anyones opinion isnt it..obviously I dont share yours..so  basically yours stinks..also ON...you quoted me saying stink, stank stunk???    sorry bro.

15 minutes ago, xereau said:

Meanwhile, back in the Hall of Reality, Benning and Linden know what they are doing.

Hahaha!!!  And you believe this?  Really?  The team is crappy, and heading the wrong way fast.  We are worse than the Torts year.  This team stinks more than my last pair of Depends. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hahaha!!!  And you believe this?  Really?  The team is crappy, and heading the wrong way fast.  We are worse than the Torts year.  This team stinks more than my last pair of Depends. 

I have no +1s left..but you get the picture..when WD gets the axe..and he will...they will all act like they wanted it all the time

It is way different interfering with Mike Gillis than with Linden.

Linden has way more currency with the fans that the owner, so it would have the real risk of becoming a PR nightmare.  In any public spat, Linden wins.  I am sure they had discussions when he was hired about roles and responsibilities.  To mess around with that this early in the game would be really problematic for their relationship.

That is not to say the owner doesn't have a voice at the table, but it certainly is going to be a lot more high level than making personnel decisions (aside from whether to fire Linden).

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

I have no +1s left..but you get the picture

clearly we need to change the direction of this team.  WD is not coaching.  If anything his decisions hurt the team.  Henrik could be player coach, like last game, and do better.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

#stealthtank

Benning knows what he is doing. If by wrong way, you mean a high draft pick, then isn't that the right way?

PS. Change your Depends.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Why not post this in one of existing WD threads.

You aren't a rookie on here, you have over 5k posts. 

Oh yeah, forgot it's Saturday night. Alcohol impairs judgement. Carry on.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Sometime alchol gives me courage and God knows I need courage around here .I cant stand WD..I think he is a horrible coach..I dont mind Benning..seems to have a clue..Linden....WTF does he do..oh..run his GYMs and workout to the max.....anyway...the rum is good and I will keep keeping on...cheers.

Oh..I didnt know post count meant anything..I have read some pretty dumb sh%t from others.

Nice call, WHL.

Shaky, I think you need to apologize. Something along the lines of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended by the this thread" would work (kind of like Burrows' recent apology to O'Sullivan).

As for the substantive issue -- is Aqullini going to call in Benning and Linden and insist that WD be fired?

My guess is no. The Canucks are doing about as well (or as badly) as a lot of people expected this year. (And, after tonight, are still only 1 pt out of 2nd place in the Pacific Division. Admittedly, the Division is the weakest Division in the NHL but the Canucks still have a shot at the playoffs if Henrik can play again soon and if Sutter and Sbisa come back.

I admit the odds are strongly against making the playoffs and I think it would be better to trade vets for picks at the deadline, but I am just making the point that I don't think there is a strong enough basis for firing WD during the season.

Frankly I don't what we expect Willie to do. The Canucks just don't have enough talent. They only have 2 legitimate top 4 Ds healthy at the present and have a lot of guys in the line-up who would be in the press box or in the minors if they were with most contending teams.

The young guys need to keep developing and we need another good draft this year. Maybe we can contend for a Cup again before the Sedins retire.

5 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Nice call, WHL.

Shaky, I think you need to apologize. Something along the lines of "I'm sorry if anyone was offended by the this thread" would work (kind of like Burrows' recent apology to O'Sullivan).

As for the substantive issue -- is Aqullini going to call in Benning and Linden and insist that WD be fired?

My guess is no. The Canucks are doing about as well (or as badly) as a lot of people expected this year. (And, after tonight, are still only 1 pt out of 2nd place in the Pacific Division. Admittedly, the Division is the weakest Division in the NHL but the Canucks still have a shot at the playoffs if Henrik can play again soon and if Sutter and Sbisa come back.

I admit the odds are strongly against making the playoffs and I think it would be better to trade vets for picks at the deadline, but I am just making the point that I don't think there is a strong enough basis for firing WD during the season.

Frankly I don't what we expect Willie to do. The Canucks just don't have enough talent. They only have 2 legitimate top 4 Ds healthy at the present and have a lot of guys in the line-up who would be in the press box or in the minors if they were with most contending teams.

The young guys need to keep developing and we need another good draft this year. Maybe we can contend for a Cup again before the Sedins retire.

I didnt know it was so offensive.....okay..I am really sorry if anyone was offended by this thread...there...I feel like Alex Burrows

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Why not post this in one of existing WD threads.

You aren't a rookie on here, you have over 5k posts. 

Oh yeah, forgot it's Saturday night. Alcohol impairs judgement. Carry on.

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

WD getting canned wouldn't be a huge surprise the Aquamarines usually hose somebody when they don't get that playoff revenue in a season.

Trevor Linden is not going anywhere Jim Benning is not either since Trevor hired him and WD Aqua men signed off on.

Trevor just needs to pitch the long term vision. Short term pain for long term gain.

But if somebody goes WD is the easiest to get rid off rather than bringing in some big free agents or making a splash trade just to appease ownership.

no coach can help us now. our team is too depleted for a coaching change to make a difference.

6 minutes ago, homersexual said:

#stealthtank

Benning knows what he is doing. If by wrong way, you mean a high draft pick, then isn't that the right way?

PS. Change your Depends.

Brilliant!  Could a triumvirate of farm boys from the Hat be that smart?  Will Aquaman allow this "stealth tank" to happen, or is he part of the plan?  Hell, why else did they higher WD, unless your concept is true?  Last season was probably a real shock to their plans, so they had to give up on those guys who were contributing - Matthias, Richardson for example - and bring in someone like Prust - who would guarantee losing.  You my poster are BRILLIANT! :shock::shock::shock:

Fire WD only if his coaching style is hurting the development of our young players. Otherwise let him learn how to coach effectively in the NHL. In all honesty,  making the playoffs this year or next isn't important. Rebuilding, acquiring high draft picks, and setting up this team with a solid chance for the cup is, and should be the team's focus.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

WD is not 9/12 forwards that have suddenly forgotten how to score.

WD is not the defense that don't how to take the man.

The coach and GM put together a good team, on paper.  The players have gone through three coaches in 3 years now, yet its somehow the coachs' problems?

I think that there is a lack of heart and intensity culture deeply rooted in this the core of this team.

They have PTSD.  2011 shattered them.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Karmic Wheel(flat tire)

Wandering thru these times of instant gratification

Jaded, cynical Nux-backer, vainly seeking salvation

Climbed up to the mtn guru(whatta' grind)

Started dancin' lika' Zulu

Could it be this CDC, is condemned to utter-damnation?

It's interesting, but maybe try blank verse next time?B)

Archived