The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AquaMan may step in soon.

ShakyWalton

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

oh really..I didnt know that...Higgins..Burrows Hamhuis and Prust will really help that parade to come quicker....so all the season ticket holders are just donating this year cuz you think its fair with out a right to bitch ....join the real world bro.

Seriously man? Have you not been following the team for a while? What do you suggest Benning does with Gillis' scraps like Higgins and Burrows? Hamhuis has one year left on his deal, let him ride it out. Plus, who will replace him? Pedan full time? I don't think so. Prust? Not a big fan either, but the team is as soft as butter. It wasn't that bad of a trade either.

You have every right to b1tch, but be realistic. This team has to rebuild.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you are saying that JB is publicly lying?  He stated, not too long ago, that this current team is better than the 101 point team of last season.  He's lying then, or he cannot evaluate talent, and we are doomed.  It cannot be both.  Which is it?  He's a lying, or a piss poor judge of talent?

I don't think he is either.  On paper, this team (when healthy) is better than the team last season.  They are faster, bigger, younger and tougher than last year.

For whatever reasons (injuries, team chemistry, slumping players) they just can't seem to keep it together consistently.  It's really too bad that Sutter went down, as I think that put too much pressure on Bo and then Jared.

1 minute ago, Bo.Horvat53 said:

Seriously man? Have you not been following the team for a while? What do you suggest Benning does with Gillis' scraps like Higgins and Burrows? Hamhuis has one year left on his deal, let him ride it out. Plus, who will replace him? Pedan full time? I don't think so. Prust? Not a big fan either, but the team is as soft as butter. It wasn't that bad of a trade either.

You have every right to b1tch, but be realistic. This team has to rebuild.

actually I dont like your tone but agree with you..we all know its a rebuild...so 45 games left this year that we dont give a $&!# about....and Wee Willie gets a pass...and yes.. Im serious how I feel...WD is the wrong coach for this team..when he gets canned  ,,and he will  talk to me.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

You don't think that a fundamental shift of outlook is a positive thing?  It's a rebuild alright.  I don't understand the aversion they have for using that word.  So what.  Everybody can see it.

I think that Benning thought that he had made some incremental improvements. 

1. Sutter > Bonino
  2. Defense faster, more mobile better puck movers without Bieksa and with the addition of Bartkowski and Hutton
  3. Kassian was a disruptive element for the team and he was moved

But he didn't account for other variables.  Other players like Hamhuis, Higgins and Burrows are losing a step.  Addition of and the promotion of younger players makes the team more vulnerable to the effects of injuries.

Change isn't easy and it isn't for the faint of heart.

I'm not disagreeing with your evaluation of the team.  It stinks right now, which in the long run is better for our future - higher picks equals better players.  I'm stating that JB lied, or he can't judge talent.  You can call it not accounting for certain uncontrollable variables, but that's just rhetoric.  He either is rebuilding and lying about the plan in order to keep the fans hopeful and sell tickets, or he misjudged the team's talent, which makes him a poor GM to rebuild, because he can't judge talent.  Personally I think he's openly lying, because that's part of his job - to sell tickets.  

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

actually I dont like your tone but agree with you..we all know its a rebuild...so 45 games left this year that we dont give a $&!# about....and Wee Willie gets a pass...and yes.. Im serious how I feel...WD is the wrong coach for this team..when he gets canned  ,,and he will  talk to me.

I wasn't meaning to give off an angry tone lol, I guess it's hard to tell. As for WD, I don't like the guy myself, but really our troubles are deeper than just Willie.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm not disagreeing with your evaluation of the team.  It stinks right now, which in the long run is better for our future - higher picks equals better players.  I'm stating that JB lied, or he can't judge talent.  You can call it not accounting for certain uncontrollable variables, but that's just rhetoric.  He either is rebuilding and lying about the plan in order to keep the fans hopeful and sell tickets, or he misjudged the team's talent, which makes him a poor GM to rebuild, because he can't judge talent.  Personally I think he's openly lying, because that's part of his job - to sell tickets.  

Well you had better stock up on depends because there's going to be a run on them as fair weather Canucks fan like you are going to be ........... Nobody said it would be easy and we're only 2 weeks into this.  I can't hardly wait to read more.

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Well you had better stock up on depends because there's going to be a run on them as fair weather Canucks fan like you are going to be ........... Nobody said it would be easy and we're only 2 weeks into this.  I can't hardly wait to read more.

Yes my closet is well stocked.  I can assure you to be a long time Canucks fan one cannot be of the fair weather faithful.  

Aquaman stepped in the moment he got our vets some legit Tom Brady advice. Which is all good.

TL and JB are the heart and soul of this organization. There's no way they aren't prepared for this. They've both been in the game long enough to understand our current situation and how properly deal with it.

10 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

No one is afraid of change or losing...its part of it all...the Canucks werent automatically good in 2011...it was a process and I know we want it all now..fast..it doesnt work that way ..we know that,.,,but this coach is the WRONG guy to take us forward..totally wrong for our young players and just a bad ..quick hire..sorry.

4 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

No one is afraid of change or losing...its part of it all...the Canucks werent automatically good in 2011...it was a process and I know we want it all now..fast..it doesnt work that way ..we know that,.,,but this coach is the WRONG guy to take us forward..totally wrong for our young players and just a bad ..quick hire..sorry.

I agree Shaky.  Is JB the right guy to rebuild the team, when he's saying we are better than last season, and clearly we're not?  I've been trying to point out he's either lying in order to sell tickets, or he is a piss poor judge of talent?  I believe he's lying.  Either way, do we trust him with the rebuild?  This is the guy who gave up two seconds and a third for Vey, Baer, and Dorset.  Maybe he should just be a scout?

I agree Shaky.  Is JB the right guy to rebuild the team, when he's saying we are better than last season, and clearly we're not?  I've been trying to point out he's either lying in order to sell tickets, or he is a piss poor judge of talent?  I believe he's lying.  Either way, do we trust him with the rebuild?  This is the guy who gave up two seconds and a third for Vey, Baer, and Dorset.  Maybe he should just be a scout?

Totally agree..but I think we are in the minority on this board....sorry...I just dont wake up with a Canuck smile every morning.

Archived