The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats your bigest Lotto win

ShakyWalton

I would by 2-3 649 tickets a week when I was finally old enough, and broke even for that summer, winning no more than $10 at a time.  After the losing continued for a few more weeks, I packed it in.  I rarely buy them now, but every once in a while, when you get reaaaally fed up with work, well, what the hell, it's only a buck, right?

I enjoy gambling, but can't afford to do it as much as I would like, so I'm a low-stakes guy.  Won $500 on a dollar bet for the bonus at a table game in Vegas.  Dealer tried to convince me I only won $50, but I guess she didn't deal that table much.

I won close to $2000 on fantasy football several years ago.  While it was great to win, it kinda sucks that it was on the back of Michael Vick.  Wife never lets me live that down.

7 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

I have found more money on the ground than I have won playing lottery garbage. But I've found a lot (few hundred) of money laying around, so maybe that isn't saying much

Where the hell do you live, that you find hundreds of dollars on the ground?

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Where the hell do you live, that you find hundreds of dollars on the ground?

I didn't mean in one finding, sorry - I meant overall. I have had very unusual luck with finding money. Found about $100 in euros on the ground in Paris, once. A few months back I found, I think, $70 on the sidewalk, ironically, as I was walking to the bank. That, alone, probably beats my lotto winnings. But I've found the odd $10 or $20 over the years, too. 

Just now, GLASSJAW said:

I didn't mean in one finding, sorry - I meant overall. I have had very unusual luck with finding money. Found about $100 in euros on the ground in Paris, once. A few months back I found, I think, $70 on the sidewalk, ironically, as I was walking to the bank. That, alone, probably beats my lotto winnings. But I've found the odd $10 or $20 over the years, too. 

Nice luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived