The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Home Matinee Games?

Roberts

I live on Vancouver Island and don't get many chances to go to Canucks games and the only real chance to go to a game is if its a matinee game but this year there isn't any at all and last season there was only 1. There really should be more matinee home games for Canucks so fans who live near can go as well.

5 hours ago, Roberts said:

? There is no home matinee games for the Canucks

I think his point is that's a statement, not the basis for a thread that would initiate discussion. If you want more matinee games, take it up with the Canucks and the NHL scheduling department.

And you understand hotels are a thing, right?

7 hours ago, Roberts said:

I live on Vancouver Island and don't get many chances to go to Canucks games and the only real chance to go to a game is if its a matinee game but this year there isn't any at all and last season there was only 1. There really should be more matinee home games for Canucks so fans who live near can go as well.

The only home game that comes close is vs. Leafs in February, scheduled @ 4 pm on Saturday.

It will be dark, but you should still be able to catch one of the late ferries back to the island...

3 hours ago, Roberts said:

They are the only way for people like me to go and see them play really...

I understand, and am sorry to hear, but thats just me! I hate watching hockey early in the day. I'd rather grab dinner with a few buds and watch them play at 7. Especially on a Saturday, which is the only possibility for an afternoon game, or Sunday.

2 hours ago, 1-d said:

The only home game that comes close is vs. Leafs in February, scheduled @ 4 pm on Saturday.

It will be dark, but you should still be able to catch one of the late ferries back to the island...

this^ but it drives me up the fricken wall that a saturday night game in vancouver is at four just to please the bloody leafs fans out east. id fricken be stoked if i could start watching a game at ten at night on a saturday. oh well.....the leafs will always come first no matter what when it comes to broadcasting...just sucks that its so obvious. why dont the canadiens or senators get that four pm start?

42 minutes ago, linden17 said:

this^ but it drives me up the fricken wall that a saturday night game in vancouver is at four just to please the bloody leafs fans out east. id fricken be stoked if i could start watching a game at ten at night on a saturday. oh well.....the leafs will always come first no matter what when it comes to broadcasting...just sucks that its so obvious. why dont the canadiens or senators get that four pm start?

4 words: centre of the universe 

13 hours ago, 1-d said:

Well you are risking it because if the traffic isn't great you could be stuck for a while and miss the ferry.

14 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I think his point is that's a statement, not the basis for a thread that would initiate discussion. If you want more matinee games, take it up with the Canucks and the NHL scheduling department.

And you understand hotels are a thing, right?

Yes but most people don't want to stay overnight in a hotel and they cost a lot of money, it's just more simple to go to a matinee game.

I live on the Island as well and part of why I love going to games is getting the chance to go to Vancouver for a night or two. Hit up the Team Store, Shark Club, the mall, ect. 

If you go with someone and split the hotel room, it's only around $60 at the Sandman.

Archived