The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada to Double Syrian Refugee Intake to 50,000

TOMapleLaughs

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You care about us...yet you support Trump for president judging by your profile image.

Trump as president would be more danger to canada than 75 terrorists because he'd go to war with every body leading to economic and humanitarian ruin for anyone involved which sadly, we would have to be due to security and trade obligations.

Nah. Trump respects Putin, as does Putin to Trump. A US-Russia alliance would be the most powerful force in the world, which could come to a good middle ground and ACTUALLY bring peace to this world.... Do you really think wet noodle Hillary or Sanders is going to have a good relationship with Putin? Or even a guy like Jeb Bush or Rubio... No... no they're not... Trump is tough. He's against the 'PC culture' and is willing to do anything to protect the American people. I heavily respect that, and the measures he presents are exactly what the USA needs. It doesn't need another weak president like Bush or Obama. That's the last thing it needs. The US needs to become the force of the world again. China is absolutely taking advantage of it, as well as a multitude of other countries.

You call me afraid, yet you're afraid of Trump going to 'war with every body'. That's a lot more extreme than thinking some of the Syrians we let in will launch a terror attack on my home country which I love dearly. 

3 minutes ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

Let's not worry about the already starving and homeless of our own (which I do volunteer for) but let's add to it. They better have a good monitoring and tracking system for them... or is that a violation of their freedom and rights? 

Exactly. People already living in Canada need the help, yet we're wanting to bring in many more that will eventually require help, and will receive that help likely before the people that have been in Canada their whole lives... just isn't right... And when a percentage of these people likely sympathize with ISIS, a murderous thuggish group who rapes, kills and tortures women and children, you really have to wonder.... These people should be heavily monitored and should even have a tracking system in them or on them for a good 36 months or so if they want to live in this country... If it's found they're not positive members of society or involved in suspicious activities, ship them right back. This is how it should be handled if they're accepted in Canada... Don't let these people in with none of that and have a chance of them being America/Western hating jihadists/criminals.

9 minutes ago, slickjim23 said:

Exactly. People already living in Canada need the help, yet we're wanting to bring in many more that will eventually require help, and will receive that help likely before the people that have been in Canada their whole lives... just isn't right... And when a percentage of these people likely sympathize with ISIS, a murderous thuggish group who rapes, kills and tortures women and children, you really have to wonder.... These people should be heavily monitored and should even have a tracking system in them or on them for a good 36 months or so if they want to live in this country... If it's found they're not positive members of society or involved in suspicious activities, ship them right back. This is how it should be handled if they're accepted in Canada... Don't let these people in with none of that and have a chance of them being America/Western hating jihadists/criminals.

Shhhhh, you will be called all kinds of names by warhippy and others. They will say people can't function around you because you don't want more poor people when there already lots sitting on your door step. The ones I see don't want to kill me for having different beliefs. I know this because we talk about it. Anyways, let em all in warhippy can sort em out.

7 minutes ago, AlphaHoneyBadger said:

Shhhhh, you will be called all kinds of names by warhippy and others. They will say people can't function around you because you don't want more poor people when there already lots sitting on your door step. The ones I see don't want to kill me for having different beliefs. I know this because we talk about it. Anyways, let em all in warhippy can sort em out.

Shhhh. You will be called a racist and asked what year you're living in for not openly accepting potential terrorists into our great country with minimal monitoring or background checks. When the Quran openly states to behead non believers in Islam and we're forced to respect the people who follow this cult to the extreme, it really makes you question the motives of a pansy like Justin Trudeau and everybody who voted for him. Absolute wet noodle prime minister.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

I've been giving it some serious thought. Why don't we do this, allow 2 million refugees, then bring them all to Haida Gwaii, maybe gather and bring all the homeless there as well? Let them have some sort of autonomy there. To support them, maybe the government can deduct an additional 1 % from our income. Maybe call it refugee/homeless tax. 

Everbody happy. 

3 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

3750 out of 25000 Syrian refugees that Trudeau is letting walk into this country have likely sympathy towards ISIS... Let's say 2% actually act on it or are ISIS set 'refugees' (Could be more). That's 75 Jihadis Trudeau is letting roam free into this country, who could easily pull something similar to Paris in Canadian streets. Do you really want to put your wife and kids at extra risk? Or someone from your family who could potentially be in a place where one of these attacks happen? Until it actually happens to you, your liberal mind will continue to cloud your judgement... I feel for you. Sometimes, being tough and caring about people inside your own country rather than people who could potentially come and massacre us one day is the right thing to do. 

I can't take you seriously with that trump display picture...

1 hour ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Hilarity continues. Refugees want to kill you! OH NOES!!!

I'm sure you're doing plenty of help the homeless. If it wasn't for those pesky refugees, you'd be doing twice as much!

Welcome to CDC circus. The ice skating bears are sick today, please enjoy AlphaHoneyBadger and slickjim23 instead.

I do what I can, you do nothing but type and pretend to be helping by saying let them all in.  What about the problem already in our yards? Why help others when we can't help ourselves? Do you have any idea how many homeless people there are in the lower mainland? Try working a soup kitchen and interact with them. Those are our refugees and many veterans.

3 hours ago, slickjim23 said:

Until autonomous cars are the regular on the road, driving is going to give you a decent chance of crashing and getting killed. Simple as that. Cancer? Millions upon millions of dollars has been put towards it for a cure. I believe there is one, but it's being held by the world's elites and won't be released any time soon. Natural disasters? First word in that sentence... Can't reduce them.... Naw.. I'll criticize letting 25000 Syrians and then 50000 into this country with minimal background checks and monitoring. It's the 'liberal way', and the 'liberal way' is 99% of the time wrong.

So it's just a ho hum fact of life that we're killing each other on the roads right now, but it's a scary thing to worry about that a refugee might kill someone sometime in the future?

Interesting logic. A bad, preventable thing is killing people right now, but I'm not going to worry about that. I'm going to worry about a theoretical thing that might kill people sometime maybe in the future. LOL

16 hours ago, Electro Rock said:

If Harper had doubled the stated intake of refugees, the mainstream media would have been in an uproar, but since we've got Prince Justin Zoolander, its all good!

Myself personally, I wouldn't allow a single one of these people who aren't capable of holding 8 lbs of steel and wood and cleaning up their own backyard.

Then you should probably kick yourself out of this country. With the hours you spent on CDC, I doubt you could even lift 4lbs of steel.

15 hours ago, Electro Rock said:

Yes, because the Middle East is known for its professional standards and being such a meritocracy...

Does anyone have a single good reason why we should be allowing any of these people here?

Some of the best doctors come from the Middle East. You sound like a highschool drop out, would probably swap a refugee with you any day since I doubt you contribute much to society.

13 hours ago, WillyFox said:

Not a fan of this at all I don't know why we are obligated to take in all these refugees.. It's the Canadian thing to do.. What happens when a terrorist kills innocent people. Just imagine if that happend to your family member I wonder if your view would change. Why not help the poor and homeless in Canada.

What happens when drug dealers kill innocent people? What happens when serial murderers kill innocent people? Seriously this isn't a "Canadian thing" to do, this is a humane thing to do since all of us are human beings. The only people who are scared of refugees are the ones who are too simple and get brainwashed by mainstream media and fear mongers like Trump. Am also tired of hearing people mention to homeless, as all of a sudden they seem to be relevant ever since the government decided to take some refugees in. Please, I bet you never cared about the homeless people before this. Also its really hard to be homeless in Canada, there are way more homeless people in other countries while Canada has really a small population with even smaller homelessness per capita. 

9 hours ago, Electro Rock said:

We should take every Middle Eastern refugee we can!

I mean, we can only look to Western European countries like France to see that allowing these people in in big numbers carries many benefits!

Except being an ignorant yourself, you forgot the fact that those terrorist were born in Europe and weren't refugees. 

6 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

Then you should probably kick yourself out of this country. With the hours you spent on CDC, I doubt you could even lift 4lbs of steel.

Says the "guy" who has almost as many posts as I in a time period 4 years shorter...

If examples like the Paris shooters and the first Fort Hood shooter have taught us anything, its that these folks go derka derka even if they are born and raised here.

And everyone that keeps mentioning terrorism as the only potential liability need to get a reality check.

Just look at what's been happening in Europe; rape, thuggery and Islamic supremacy oh my!

30 minutes ago, Electro Rock said:

Just look at what's been happening in Europe all over the world; rape, thuggery and Islamic supremacy oh my!

I agree with the before posters.

You're  like a sad cartoon.

Oh no look what's happening in Europe..wait no this happened a lot closer to home just last night, as per the reports last night one attempted murder in vancouver last night, 4 attempted sexual assaults, 1 confirmed sexual assault 11 violent attacks 2 armed robberies.

Yes, lets show the world how intelligent and up to date with current affairs we are by saying it is only happening in Europe and only with 1 single kind of person.

Just do us a favour and go away.  I am far from PC but wow man, it must take a SERIOUS deuce in your family gene pool to turn out this way.

There's a darwin award in your future I think

18 minutes ago, inane said:

GG-terror_v5.jpg

Graphic is misleading too cause the time scales are different. 

Nice . So my proposal of 2 million looks fine . Worse case scenario if somebody goes Jihad, we will just have give or take 50 Canadian casualties within the next decade or two. I just hope my family and I are not on the spot where they go full Alahuakbar. 

Archived