The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Cannata

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, hatedkid666 said:

I imagine Miller is just missing one game. So its not a huge deal because Marky would have probably played this game anyways.

I agree with you, but still kind of strange that he cannot even play back-up after only suffering from some cramps. Its been two days - if the effects haven't worn off by now, that's mildly concerning. 

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Trade incoming?

Doubt it, but not out of the realm of possibility. Miller has been standing on his head regularly and seems frustrated with the team. If Benning was offered a decent pick this year or a prospect I could see them commuting to Marky early and giving him more game time.

But I highly highly doubt it, it's more likely the injury is slightly more serious then they are letting on.

miller has kept us in many games this yr even tho our horrible defense costantly craps the bed  hes always keeping us in it. Maybe hes fed up and wants out he is a valuable asset  im sure dallas, sharks, ducks wish they had an actual decent starting goalie  if we retained a 2 mill we could get at least a first rounder for him maybe more at deadline. a tandem of markstrom bachman would be decent cannata as a third string. Hopefully he just has a minor groin pull and nothing serious 

18 minutes ago, Fateless said:

I agree with you, but still kind of strange that he cannot even play back-up after only suffering from some cramps. Its been two days - if the effects haven't worn off by now, that's mildly concerning. 

They can be pretty bad. I had a lower body injury (cramped up in my hammy) a few years back pretty badly. It felt like a had ripped it. It took a week before I felt normal again.

Just now, canuktravella said:

miller has kept us in many games this yr even tho our horrible defense costantly craps the bed  hes always keeping us in it. Maybe hes fed up and wants out he is a valuable asset  im sure dallas, sharks, ducks wish they had an actual decent starting goalie  if we retained a 2 mill we could get at least a first rounder for him maybe more at deadline. a tandem of markstrom bachman would be decent cannata as a third string. Hopefully he just has a minor groin pull and nothing serious 

Lehtonen is 11-2-0 and Niemi is 14-5-2. Try again. 

Ummmm, since when is a cramp an injury?   Sounds odd, like they're trying to downplay a legit injury  (not saying a severe one, just a real one) by using this cramp baloney.  To my knowledge Miller has never had a history of cramping,  not that it couldn't be real, just sounds odd.

Probably covering a slight hammy pull, by saying cramps. MJDDawg said it; hurts like hell for 4-5 days, then gets better over the course of the next 3-4. Markstrom likely to play anyway. Let Miller go on home, spend some time with his newborn over Christmas, come back a little rejuvenated.

I would say don't get into unfounded and rampant speculations, but this is the CDC...:blink::lol:

Archived