The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have the highest odds of drafting Auston Matthews as of 2015/12/22

Odd.

35 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The come undone may have begun, and wouldn't it be fun, to draft number one?

Could you imagine a top line with guys named Brock and Austin?

That would have to be called the "Boogie Nights" line.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Come undone for Auston Matthews?

Yikes. 

I mean GREAT right!? Auston Matthews alongside Brock Boeser in the future? The american duo ;). 

Or the American Express lol

Or the American line if we acquire Gaudreau? ::D 

Aside the jokes, there's a really good chance we'll be last. 

Gooo.

Somehow, I get a sense that Bob McKenzie is enjoying the fact that we are losing. 

As great an hockey analysis as he is, I somehow couldn't shake off this feeling that he has some sort of bias against the Canucks. 

On the topic, Daniel Sedin's comment regarding the OT showed that this team's mentality is very fragile. Once you get in that type of loser mentality in professional sports, it's almost impossible to get out of it mid season. I'd say we definitely have a good shot at the #1 pick. If we end up below Edmonton in the standings, I will be very embarrassed but it looks like a strong possibility at this point with the garbage defence that we have.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Yikes. 

I mean GREAT right!? Auston Matthews alongside Brock Boeser in the future? The american duo ;). 

Gooo.

Amtrack?

24 minutes ago, khay said:

Somehow, I get a sense that Bob McKenzie is enjoying the fact that we are losing. 

As great an hockey analysis as he is, I somehow couldn't shake off this feeling that he has some sort of bias against the Canucks. 

On the topic, Daniel Sedin's comment regarding the OT showed that this team's mentality is very fragile. Once you get in that type of loser mentality in professional sports, it's almost impossible to get out of it mid season. I'd say we definitely have a good shot at the #1 pick. If we end up below Edmonton in the standings, I will be very embarrassed but it looks like a strong possibility at this point with the garbage defence that we have.

I would place more emphasis on edmonton finally coming together via endless amounts of high picks and a solid coach for the first time in forever than us failing.  We're not exactly trending downwards for the age of our core, we just stopped trending upwards while teams started passing us by.

Hockey like all sports is cyclical and i think over the last 6 years at one point or another we've all said this is the year edmonton puts it together.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

Yikes. 

Gooo.

Dream is we somehow manage to acquire the 2nd overall pick, get Matthews and Tkachuk.

Tkachuk-Matthews-Boeser step into training camp forming the American Express line. 

*drools

2 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Dream is we somehow manage to acquire the 2nd overall pick, get Matthews and Tkachuk.

Tkachuk-Matthews-Boeser step into training camp forming the American Express line. 

*drools

nothing compared to higgins-kesler-booth

Archived