The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks have the highest odds of drafting Auston Matthews as of 2015/12/22

Odd.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Yea well pick 30th overall. Bank it 

NUCKS FOR CUP BABY! WOOOOOOH! 

nooo

i mean yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

Well that's fine, I don't think we will get a top 3 pick anyway.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/sportsnets-top-30-2016-nhl-draft-prospects-december/

Looks like the top 5 is pretty consistent, with Matthews, Tkachuk, Chychrun, and the two Finns. After that, you got a bit of a crap shoot. Watch us draft 6th again. 

As much as I'd love to add Matthews or Chychrun to the Canucks lineup, I can't see us finishing last, or second last, or third. Leave it to the Sedins to ruin that. Sutter and Sbisa will return, and the Canucks will go on a torrid run before the trade deadline, thus, keeping all of their vets for "the push". They'll get close, but just miss out on the playoffs, as well as the top picks in the 2016 draft. Ownership wants full effort to make the playoffs, and they'll try. :picard:

So a tortured fan base starts calling out for Matthews...way to JINX OUR CHANCES!

Keep angering the Hockey Gods and we will end up like Buffalo, another bad-luck franchise that has never won anything. 

All you posters hyping our chances at first overall are just messing our chances. We must sacrifice a goat to make up for angering the Gods. 

15 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/sportsnets-top-30-2016-nhl-draft-prospects-december/

Looks like the top 5 is pretty consistent, with Matthews, Tkachuk, Chychrun, and the two Finns. After that, you got a bit of a crap shoot. Watch us draft 6th again. 

Chychrun didn't make team Canada's wjc roster? What's with that?

We should draft Alex Nylander and try to get William from the Leafs. They can succeed the Sedins.

1 minute ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Chychrun didn't make team Canada's wjc roster? What's with that?

We should draft Alex Nylander and try to get William from the Leafs. They can succeed the Sedins.

Chychrun' stock is falling.  There is really only one Finn - Pulijjarvi.  I hear Alex is a lot more aggressive than his sister.  B)

2 hours ago, Losing With Pride said:

Would be nice to get Matthews but I've got a feeling we won't tank that bad in the second half.

I have the same feeling unfortunately. If JB and Aquaman were smart they would realize that austin matthes could turn this frnachise around and is exactly what we need, so trade edler, vrabata and Hansen (his  value is at an alltime career high) for some 1st rounders or young defenceman and complete the "retool" by signing some guys like lucic, ladd and demers/yandle/byfuglien

31 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

As much as I'd love to add Matthews or Chychrun to the Canucks lineup, I can't see us finishing last, or second last, or third. Leave it to the Sedins to ruin that. Sutter and Sbisa will return, and the Canucks will go on a torrid run before the trade deadline, thus, keeping all of their vets for "the push". They'll get close, but just miss out on the playoffs, as well as the top picks in the 2016 draft. Ownership wants full effort to make the playoffs, and they'll try. :picard:

Well, the fans have pitchforks in Edmonton as they bow down to worship McDavid, while the TO fans seem to think Stamkos plays for them. That's what losing does kids! No wonder why Aquaman wants us to make the playoffs, he's afraid we'll go loopy. :P

Archived