The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs Sweden 9:00 AM PST on TSN (Pre-Tournament)

Gstank29

I think the way virt cradled the dish from marner was nicer than the actual pass, he saved it and put it the net nice and quick!

Loved his first goal too. Just watched the highlights looked like a hectic game.. Cant wait for boxing day!

Virt played with a lot of poise today. I watched the last 2 periods and I was pleasantly surprised with how calm he was.  Played a good game overall. I was rather critical of the last game but was thoroughly pleased with this one.  I am still waiting for him to use his explosive speed a little more but i bet he's waiting for the games to mean more.  He was a leader in today's game. Whether or not he deserved the player of the game or not he played an important role on the team today.  Both goals were on the PP I believe right?  

Good of game overall though. His poise and calling influence was the biggest take away for me. That calming attitude is going to greatly help canada. 1st time I've seen that from him. Good positioning overall.

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Virtanen with 4 or 5 points in these preliminary games. Player of the game.

He played well. His 2nd goal In this one and the one vs Belarus were gimmies though. Overall his best game without question. IMO best game I've seen him play.  He Picked his spots and had a big impact on his team.  Very promising game. 

On 12/23/2015 at 2:05 PM, Rush17 said:

Virt played with a lot of poise today. I watched the last 2 periods and I was pleasantly surprised with how calm he was.  Played a good game overall. I was rather critical of the last game but was thoroughly pleased with this one.  I am still waiting for him to use his explosive speed a little more but i bet he's waiting for the games to mean more.  He was a leader in today's game. Whether or not he deserved the player of the game or not he played an important role on the team today.  Both goals were on the PP I believe right?  

Good of game overall though. His poise and calling influence was the biggest take away for me. That calming attitude is going to greatly help canada. 1st time I've seen that from him. Good positioning overall.

Yeah I've noticed that sometimes he gets called out for bad D, when he's so calm out there and can just bear down in a second. His hockey IQ could improve, but he thinks the game more than people realize. It's more apparent when you watch him in person. 

US wins. Boeser was invisible in the first period but when Debrincat got ejected and Boeser was moved in the first line with Matthews and Tchachuk, that line was very dangerous.

Virtanen good first couple of periods and then a horrendous third period. Good cycle game, good speed then takes the dumbest shots, handful of turnovers, and tried to do too much in the third.

I still expect both guys to be good throughout the tournament.

Just now, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

US wins. Boeser was invisible in the first period but when Debrincat got ejected and Boeser was moved in the first line with Matthews and Tchachuk, that line was very dangerous.

Virtanen good first couple of periods and then a horrendous third period. Good cycle game, good speed then takes the dumbest shots, handful of turnovers, and tried to do too much in the third.

I still expect both guys to be good throughout the tournament.

I think Boeser was +3 today or +2 he was on ice for at least three usa goals also I believe

Archived