The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

JB please try and do this.

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

how does a trade to Vancouver get him closer to his family in Manitoba.

It doesn't,  people get blinders on when the tern 'western Canadian' team is used and automatically think Vancouver. 

The fact that a consensus great guy on a great contract at a great spot in his career can't get traded for going on half a year should indicate how difficult it is to get even a simple trade done in today's NHL - yet some people will have us believe 9 player deals involving multiple NTCs and huge salaries/terms are easily completed elsewhere this forum.    

We'd have to give up something like a current top-4 defenceman + future top-2 center to pull that off. It would start with McCann/Horvat + Hamhuis/Tanev/Edler.

I'd rather go hard for Hamonic alone. Hamhuis + Vbrata/Higgins + Pedan + 2nd for Hamonic + 4th is as good as NYI is going to get for Hamonic.

On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎24 at 4:51 PM, Fanuck said:

One question for the "get us Hamonic" supporters out there. ...how exactly does a trade to Vancouver meet his request when Manitoba is pretty much a similar distance between NY & Van?   You'd think there would be better fits with Jets, Hawks, Wild, Blues possibly?

Not saying I wouldn't want him but how does a trade to Vancouver get him closer to his family in Manitoba.

My gut tells me NYI/Jets will work something out especially after reading about the Jets FA demands.  

Have you ever crossed the boarder???  Its a damn pain in the ass. I'm willing to bet its even worse in New York with the terrorist attack history.

Just the fact that Vancouver is in Canada makes it more convenient than playing in Minnesota, Chicago, and St Louis.  If he is planning on making lots of trips to Manitoba, Vancouver isn't that difficult to travel from.  True Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton are closer, but only by couple of hours (flying). 

Being "closer to home" has a lot more to consider than just distance alone. 

4 hours ago, 2011 said:

Have you ever crossed the boarder???  Its a damn pain in the ass. I'm willing to bet its even worse in New York with the terrorist attack history.

Just the fact that Vancouver is in Canada makes it more convenient than playing in Minnesota, Chicago, and St Louis.  If he is planning on making lots of trips to Manitoba, Vancouver isn't that difficult to travel from.  True Winnipeg, Calgary, and Edmonton are closer, but only by couple of hours (flying). 

Being "closer to home" has a lot more to consider than just distance alone. 

Nonsense. 

Travelling domestic is only slightly,  and I mean slightly, more convenient than going to the states and in the past year alone I've travelled domestically by plane about 15 times and to the states (either to a US destination or passing through) at least the same amount counting work and personal.  And that's not even with a NEXUS card which my employer just said they'd reimburse me for if I get one.

He'd be way better off/closer to home if he went to one of Fanucks aforementioned teams.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived