The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Years Eve in Vancouver

canucks411

Found the fireworks lacking.  The location wasn't prime, as there were too many blindspots.  I was at the Convention Centre East, but I didn't hear any countdown at all... and the time on the TV screen was like 2 minutes late. 

Overall, it felt very disorganized and too crowded IMO. 

31 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Found the fireworks lacking.  The location wasn't prime, as there were too many blindspots.  I was at the Convention Centre East, but I didn't hear any countdown at all... and the time on the TV screen was like 2 minutes late. 

Overall, it felt very disorganized and too crowded IMO. 

To be expected for a first run.  Hopefully they can improve on it next year.  The 11 minute fireworks seems stupid. Should be much longer as far as I'm concerned. 

Would be nice to see this turn into a yearly thing.  Would rather watch a Vancouver countdown than a pre taped New York countdown.

6 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

To be expected for a first run.  Hopefully they can improve on it next year.  The 11 minute fireworks seems stupid. Should be much longer as far as I'm concerned. 

Would be nice to see this turn into a yearly thing.  Would rather watch a Vancouver countdown than a pre taped New York countdown.

Considering that Vancouver annually hosts the Celebration of Light (also not really planned well) and the 2010 Olympics... plus the NYE fireworks have been in the works for years.... you'd assume it should go off relatively without a hitch. 

Oh well.... keep expectations low I guess....

Archived