The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't look now, but Dale Weise has 10 goals (tied for second on the Canucks)

Goat James

Dutch Grezky is on pace for about 40 points and 20 goals, those are some great numbers even though it probably won't last. He'd be tied for second in goals as fourth in points on our team. 

Running Dale the Chin out of town is the second dumbest thing Tortorella did during his time here (the dumbest being benching Luongo in the outdoor game). 

Happy holidays!

CM71LSZ.jpg

I don't really think that DW's success with the Habs comes as a big shock to most of CDC.

Torts didn't trust him in NYC and he didn't trust him in Vancity. As soon as he got a chance with a coach who didn't have a preconceived bias against him, he was able to show what he could really do.

Who knows what it was with Torts? Maybe Weise isn't a shot-blocker. 

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

I said at the time they shouldn't have traded him, he's also a hard worker on the ice. Brings alot to the table. Would rather have him then Prust.

It was one of those things...

Torts wasn't using him and because of injuries, the 'Nucks needed a defenseman. Raph Dias was available, so...

While I don't think he'd be a scorer here as much it never made much sense to trade him off. He seemed to be one of the guys that left it on the ice when he played and didn't hurt the team doing it. Would much rather him than both of Dorsett and Prust right now.

Maybe the locker room didn't like him or something. Seemed like a guy that didn't take losing as well as the rest of the team.

16 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

While I don't think he'd be a scorer here as much it never made much sense to trade him off. He seemed to be one of the guys that left it on the ice when he played and didn't hurt the team doing it. Would much rather him than both of Dorsett and Prust right now.

Maybe the locker room didn't like him or something. Seemed like a guy that didn't take losing as well as the rest of the team.

Torts didn't like him, and that's about it. I never heard of him having any problems with any of his fellow players.

1 hour ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Torts didn't like him, and that's about it. I never heard of him having any problems with any of his fellow players.

Torts wanted him to be a face puncher.  He wanted to be a hockey player.

He'd have been a more useful piece for the Canucks than Diaz turned out to be.  Otoh, as this thread is about his scoring, as others have pointed out he's already dropped off the scoring pace of his early season, which was probably overstated his actual scoring ability.

1 hour ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

Diaz played like 3 games for us tho.

I've hated Diaz (aka Player 61) ever since he sent the suicide pass up the ice to Lars Eller to have him clocked by Gryba.  Hate defencemen who set their teammates up for bad things to happen. 

Dale Wiese would actually look good in a Canucks jersey right about now...tall skinny guy who plays a pretty tough game and can skate with the best of 'em.  Was just a matter of time before he became a fairly useful hockey player in the NHL.  

38 minutes ago, tyhee said:

Torts wanted him to be a face puncher.  He wanted to be a hockey player.

He'd have been a more useful piece for the Canucks than Diaz turned out to be.  Otoh, as this thread is about his scoring, as others have pointed out he's already dropped off the scoring pace of his early season, which was probably overstated his actual scoring ability.

He would be a better hockey player if he combined fighting (trading face punches) with his other skills, which are limited.

Archived