The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Oilers @ Canucks 7:00pm CBC

Salter

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Don't forget about Leon Draisaitl. He is currently second on the Oilers in points, even though he missed Oilers' first 10 games. Now, if the Oilers do somehow get the first overall pick, I don't think Matthews would help them much. Their big need is a top-two defenseman and a starting goaltender.

Damn how could I forget about him, for some reason I thought he was playing wing. But yes, they already have many talented players and winning the lottery and drafting Matthews would just be too much for every team. Imagine all of them in their primes...

I wish we can get Matthews!

1 minute ago, Canucks Prophet said:

Oilers are the only team who would be justified in trading down if they somehow get the #1 pick. Trade down a few picks, grab a Chychrun or whoever is the best projected Defenceman.

That would be a wise choice. Looking back at the 2012 Draft, they took Nail Yakupov, and he hasn't been really impressive for them. That was one of the few years where there were some solid defensemen prospects. A total of eight defensemen prospects were selected in the top 10 alone. In hindsight, they should have traded down in that year.

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Am I reading this right?

"Alex Burrows: 0 points in his last 15 games"

If it said 0 goals, that would be a bit more believable, but no points during that span of games?

That's crazy....his play has been really solid..IMO..Hopefully he'll pop one in tonight.

59 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

Most of my family are fans of the Oil so this match up is always a fun game for me. I'm going to light the fireplace, break out the Crown Royal Northern Harvest and enjoy a competitive HNIC game. Happy holidays!

Lol.

ditto except for the oiler "family"

10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Am I reading this right?

"Alex Burrows: 0 points in his last 15 games"

If it said 0 goals, that would be a bit more believable, but no points during that span of games?

Burrows has really fallen off a cliff this year. My favourite player, but I think him and Higgins are both past their shelf lives. Gaunce is gonna be taking his spot in the near future. 

12 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Anybody else see the CBC dis' our team and prospects?  Pretty funny considering TO's and Edmonton's teams the last decade.

Nope what was said? Not that im surprised cbc has hated on Vancouver since I was a kid. (Along time ago) . Van is a mess right now between injuries and management In decision  on barely a playoff or poorly done rebuild team. 

5-2 oilers 

23 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

It's alright, we have 2nd in command Weber to take charge while Higgins is out of action.

Thanks for providing a laugh. Right now the Canucks look like they are in bad shape (and TSN has them as #29 in their Power Rankings. And that was before Tanev was injured.

But the NHL is weird enough (or has enough parity) that the Canucks could win. And the injuries might help the Canucks.

Obviously it is no loss having Higgins out of the line-up.

Losing Tanev hurts but Pedan could play well.

And having Miller out and Markstrom in probably helps the team. Markstrom has better numbers (and the numbers include Miller's hot start to the season).

It would not shock me to see the Canucks win. All they really need is another excellent performance from Markstrom along with the Sedin line and Horvat line to come through again.

CBC basically saying that we are the Sedins and that's it.  Maybe they are right this year, but the rebuild will be shorter with Horvat, McCann, Hutton, Shinkaruk, Virtanan, Demko and Boeser in the pipeline.  PJ Stock seemed pretty happy with the team looking rough this season.  They didn't mention any of our current propects.  I think if we are bad enough and luck into Mathews this season and we add some defencemen in UFA then we will be legit sooner rather then later. 

Archived