The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 1-2 Canucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Linden Vey was impressive tonight. If he can build on that performance he will stick in the line-up. The skill is all there, he just needs everything to come together.

Can't say enough about Pedan, really surprised me with his movement with and away from the puck. Looked like he belonged in the NHL and brought the physicality that has been missing since Sbisa has been out. Build on this game and he will be playing for the Canucks long-term.

3 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Linden Vey was impressive tonight. If he can build on that performance he will stick in the line-up. The skill is all there, he just needs everything to come together.

Can't say enough about Pedan, really surprised me with his movement with and away from the puck. Looked like he belonged in the NHL and brought the physicality that has been missing since Sbisa has been out. Build on this game and he will be playing for the Canucks long-term.

Sbisa, Pedan, and Tryamkin are going to give us quite the different look.

Watching Henrik Sedin play on one hip and Hansen win us a monster game after nearly being knocked out must be huge for the kids on this team. Can't doubt the leadership of this team, the Sedins and Hansen went head to head with Hall and Draisaitl despite being 50% and they beat them.

Lots of missed chances tonight, Baertschi and Vbrata are really growing some chemistry which makes me hesitant to want to tradr Vbrata considering his mentor effect on our future first/second line winger. 

For an all-AHL defence we were fantastic. Alex Edler played a hard 27 minutes, one missplay on the goal is nothing considering he shut down the hottest duo in the leauge with zero help. Pedan was good but a bit slow getting the puck out, Bartkowski and Biega were nice and consistent, Hutton is really getting thrown into the deep end and succeeding for the most part, and Weber had some good moments and then not so good. His good skating really helps offensively but that finishing touch is all but gone now.

Gutsy win with a depleted squad, but we need to be a lot better, especially those bottom 9 forwards.

I was almost in disbelief.....a Canuck D man stepping up and hitting players off of the puck.  Wow..good job Pedan.

Baer, Bo, Vrbata line looking dangerous again.  How many are willing to give up on Baertschi still?

Finally, how bad are the oilers?  A decade worth of cream of the crop picks and they still hover in the basement.  The disappointing thing is even if the canucks crap the bed here in the last few month they probably still wont get a guy like Mathews in the draft because the coil are always there.   

Thanks be to the Honey Badger that helped us WIN our 1st Ever 3-On-3 OT game during this 1st Regular Season of the NEW and Exciting OverTime 3-on-3 5 minute OT Format!!!!! I am very proud of our team to stop our 7-Game Losing Streak in OT this season!!!

Congratulations to them for chipping in their hard work!!! May the Lord bless them all as they try to continue to catch up on their 7 straight losses and hopefully have 7 Wins in 3-on-3 OT very soon!!!

Go Canucks Go!!! We are now 1-7 in our 3-On-3 OT record!!!!! Yannik Hansen is our OT Game-Winner HERO tonight!!!!! :rolleyes:

Although we win, I continue to be concerned with questionable coaching.

1. Pedan in his first game, on defense, plays extremely well and plays physical and Willy, with a depleted defense plays him 10 minutes.  And Weber gets 23 + minutes.  Really.

2. Something wrong with Henry and he is not taking draws, so on the PP, he puts Vey in to take it.  Vey is terrible on FOs, at 32%.  Either Bo who is our best, or McCann, who isn't much better on FOs than Vey, but is a lot stronger offensively and we are on the PP.

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Watching Henrik Sedin play on one hip and Hansen win us a monster game after nearly being knocked out must be huge for the kids on this team. Can't doubt the leadership of this team, the Sedins and Hansen went head to head with Hall and Draisaitl despite being 50% and they beat them.

Lots of missed chances tonight, Baertschi and Vbrata are really growing some chemistry which makes me hesitant to want to tradr Vbrata considering his mentor effect on our future first/second line winger. 

For an all-AHL defence we were fantastic. Alex Edler played a hard 27 minutes, one missplay on the goal is nothing considering he shut down the hottest duo in the leauge with zero help. Pedan was good but a bit slow getting the puck out, Bartkowski and Biega were nice and consistent, Hutton is really getting thrown into the deep end and succeeding for the most part, and Weber had some good moments and then not so good. His good skating really helps offensively but that finishing touch is all but gone now.

Gutsy win with a depleted squad, but we need to be a lot better, especially those bottom 9 forwards.

It's less Sven-Vrbata and more Sven-Bo is you ask me. All Vrbata knows how to do is take the puck and shoot straight at goalies. 

Archived