The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Oilers 1-2 Canucks

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Pedan.

merry Christmas to me.

loved this guys game tonight.  Every oiler entry into our Zone pedan made difficult with physical play. Some great hits.  No scrums. No edlerisms or weberisms.  

The boys came to play tonight after a facefull of turkey. Great effort.

:towel:

6 minutes ago, Banksy91 said:

sorry but this is a complete misquote of what WD really said, Please open your ears and listen again before you insult anyone's intelligence.

It was quoted by various sources. My ears are open. And sadly enough, so is your mouth. 

Good on you for saying sorry though. You should be. Now go to bed, little man. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was quoted by various sources. My ears are open. And sadly enough, so is your mouth. 

I believe ppl took it the wrong way.

Bansksy isn't completely wrong. Maybe not what he/she meant but i believe people absorbed that quote in a different light.

Pedan and Vey looked good but i still feel those 2 would benefit some more time in Utica with Green. Same with Webber, he showed he has the potential last year when he played effectively in the second half of the season, I think he needs a bit more time to develop consistency playing that level. Great work by Hansen, I'm glad he wasn't traded few years ago when he was streaky.

it annoys me how stubborn management is. We been beating the drums to play Pedan for how long now? Obviously it has to take a another injury to let him play were Willie's golden boy somehow presents a better chance eg Weber. Pedan had a great time chomping down hot dogs in the press box I bet. 

As a fan, I have to question managements assesment on the guys at the farm. For starters do they even watch? If they did they would notice Gaunce is on a role, and yet he will not get a shot until there is some huge injury. Biega playing great now but guess what injury had to happen. If management appreciated the players we have in the farm it would make sense. Like why the heck is Vey called up over Gaunce? again management confuses me big time. 

wish list - trade Vrbata - bring in Greiner or Shink. Will it happen, not a chance.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He did not just say "he hits guys". I am thinking you did not listen to the post-game show. He said "he hits hard, He stepped around a couple of guys, he hit a couple of guys. He is big rangy and can skate." paraphrased but thats basically what he said. A bit different than your heard it through the grapevine misquote and misguided insult.

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The great thing about this game is it spells the beginning of the end for Weber. Not even a contest with him and Pedan. When Tanev is back, out goes Weber. 

Highly unlikely. Edler played over 27 minutes. Weber was next in minutes with over 23 minutes. 3 minutes more than anyone else on the team. Pedan played less than half the minutes as Weber. Guess what, we won with them playing the most minutes. Weber's big brainfart was not passing across and trying to skate across instead. That wound up in a penalty. Other than that, he actually played a pretty solid game. Willie is not going to sit someone who he has enough faith in to give that many minutes against a skill team like Edmonton.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Highly unlikely. Edler played over 27 minutes. Weber was next in minutes with over 23 minutes. 3 minutes more than anyone else on the team. Pedan played less than half the minutes as Weber. Guess what, we won with them playing the most minutes. Weber's big brainfart was not passing across and trying to skate across instead. That wound up in a penalty. Other than that, he actually played a pretty solid game. Willie is not going to sit someone who he has enough faith in to give that many minutes against a skill team like Edmonton.

Felt bad when he choked on the puck at the line after all that pressure in their end but hey if anyone was gonna do it it would be home - I wasn't even surprised - almost expecting it.  

Defensively he was ok tonight but man the guy can't hit the broadside of a barn with his shot.

51 minutes ago, JamesB said:

The Canucks have a lot of injuries. But those injuries are forcing WD to make some moves that are probably helping the team.

As many people have pointed out, Higgins and Burrows are having terrible years. With those guys out Kenins and Vey play instead and, right now, they contribute more than Higgins and Burrows.

Pedan finally gets a chance to play. Not saying he is as good as Tanev. He isn't. But his size and toughness add a lot to the D. And he skate decently and can shoot.

And most importantly, Markstrom gets to play instead of Miller. Marky has better numbers, even counting Miller's hot start. And recently it is no contest. Right now Markstrom is a significantly better goaltender.

So I am not sure this the worst line-up in 25 years or even this year. I think tonight's team was better than the team the Canucks were putting on the ice two or three weeks ago.

yes. Yes. YES.!!!

Pedan looked right at home. Kenins looks like he belongs. Marky looks solid.

Meanwhile Higgins and Burrows...   well they are useless!

P.S. still think the Weber hate is totally unfair. I thought he was good even when he got the penalty. I kept yelling at the TV: "just score one and you'll be a hero!". Alas he keeps picking corners...

9 minutes ago, Banksy91 said:

He did not just say "he hits guys". I am thinking you did not listen to the post-game show. He said "he hits hard, He stepped around a couple of guys, he hit a couple of guys. He is big rangy and can skate." paraphrased but thats basically what he said. A bit different than your heard it through the grapevine misquote and misguided insult.

And because he is that impressed with his play tonight, he played him a total of 10 minutes on a depleted defensive squad.  Real smart Willy.

14 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

it annoys me how stubborn management is. We been beating the drums to play Pedan for how long now? Obviously it has to take a another injury to let him play were Willie's golden boy somehow presents a better chance eg Weber. Pedan had a great time chomping down hot dogs in the press box I bet. 

As a fan, I have to question managements assesment on the guys at the farm. For starters do they even watch? If they did they would notice Gaunce is on a role, and yet he will not get a shot until there is some huge injury. Biega playing great now but guess what injury had to happen. If management appreciated the players we have in the farm it would make sense. Like why the heck is Vey called up over Gaunce? again management confuses me big time. 

wish list - trade Vrbata - bring in Greiner or Shink. Will it happen, not a chance.

I'm still waiting for Doug Lidster's tenure to end, you know.

11 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Not an acceptable answer. You promised the minute Bo-Sang hit the ice DL was done.

read my quote, I said all  Bo-sang needs is one shot in the NHL and he will prove that wizard named D Lidster wrong. He is the reason guys like Pedan and Biega have to eat hot dogs in the press box before getting chances because he can't see players who can make a impact. 

Another great effort, and yet another example of guys getting called up and playing well (sometimes even better than who they replaced)

Love the Horvat Bear chemistry right now....but feel really bad for Bo, he is working his tail off and skating creating chances but no luck :( hopefully he is due soon he deserves it

Pedan was solid, and once again loved Biega's game. Edler and Weber tend to back up and almost looks like they want to play goalie (23 feet away from letestu on the first goal???), lets get back to fundamentals and challenge the shooters eh!

Archived