The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer"

Poverty

http://abc13.com/news/making-a-murderer-petition-to-free-steven-avery-draws-nearly-200k-signatures/1145387/

There have been two petitions to have him freed that have received huge amounts of signatures. One to the State and the other to the Feferal government. 

The Governor has refused to pardon him but the White House is going to be required to look at the case of it gets 100,000 signatures. 

1 hour ago, The Bookie said:

I'm not so convinced of his innocence to expect them to just issue a full pardon. A re-trial, on the other hand...

Yeah I agree with this. You can't definitively say he's innocent or guilty after that trail but those two trails were obviously not even close to fair and just.

Very well made documentary aside from them leaving out a few details that look bad on Avery.

3 hours ago, The Bookie said:

I'm not so convinced of his innocence to expect them to just issue a full pardon. A re-trial, on the other hand...

Once evidence has been tampered with the way it was, it's not really possible to have a fair trial anymore. I think there's a very good chance he did it too, but in a new trial he'd probably get off.

I also think questions need to be asked about the effect of spending his twenties and thirties in a prison for violent offenders on Avery's post incarceration behavior. That should definitely factor into sentencing at the very least.

2 hours ago, taxi said:

Once evidence has been tampered with the way it was, it's not really possible to have a fair trial anymore. I think there's a very good chance he did it too, but in a new trial he'd probably get off.

I also think questions need to be asked about the effect of spending his twenties and thirties in a prison for violent offenders on Avery's post incarceration behavior. That should definitely factor into sentencing at the very least.

A lot of people are speculating that his 18 years in prison changed him to become a hardened person / criminal. What does that say about people's confidence in our justice system's ability to rehabilitate offenders?

5 hours ago, Beluga Whale said:

Yeah I agree with this. You can't definitively say he's innocent or guilty after that trail but those two trails were obviously not even close to fair and just.

Very well made documentary aside from them leaving out a few details that look bad on Avery.

I am trying to remember but in the show did they say the bullet was found that matched the hole in the scull fragment or did they say it was a bullet found with the girls dna?  Because I thought I remember them saying they found a bullet in the garage that matched what would make the hole in the skull but nothing about dna.

But I have also read that it had her dna on it and matched his gun. 

On December 30, 2015 at 8:32 PM, Apricot said:

Watching it right now, so many feelings. So many angry feelings. 

One in particular is that I really want to punch Ken Kratz. Every time they showed his face. When he talked, especially when he talked. I just felt like punching him

His beautiful smirk though ....

So. Im not going to sit here and they they are innocent because i dont honestly know. But from what i saw alot of things certainly don't add up. 

- The blood vile with a needle in the top. Tampered evidence.
- The cop who called in the licence plate 2 days before the car was found. Sounded like he was reading the back of a licence plate and he questioned 2 times if it was a 99 Toyota or w/e it was. (Car didn't have a licence plate on the back of the car. when they found it at averys loot) (Same cop that was involved in the 1st Avery Case.)
- The family member that found the car only 20 minutes into searching the VERY BIG junk yard. ( Had to have been tipped)
- No blood or dna on the mattress or in the room where the rape / murder of the women where she had her throat allegedly slit.
- Found the key the car in clear view on the ground only after the 4th!! search of the house. after the guys who locked him up previously got involved.
- Site was sealed off for over 2 weeks which is very odd and strange
- The bullet found after many searchs in the garage.
- The fact they put words into Brandons mouth who was only 6 IQ points above being legally retarded. This kid honestly thought he was going to be aloud to go back to school and present his project.
- The main prosecutor doesn't look very professional at all. His sex scandal. http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-prosecutor-sex-scandal-district-attorney-ken-kratz-texts-domestic-violence-victim/

I believe a retrial should be given to Avery and Dassey. 

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Just can't believe that all those statements to police from Brendan were deemed admissible. That poor, simple kid. 

Avery seems like a bit of a greaseball, but don't see how they had enough information to convict him.

Len Kachinsky reminds me of  Lester Nygaard  from Fargo.

Yes.

2 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Just can't believe that all those statements to police from Brendan were deemed admissible. That poor, simple kid. 

Avery seems like a bit of a greaseball, but don't see how they had enough information to convict him.

Len Kachinsky reminds me of  Lester Nygaard  from Fargo.

Oh wow ... He totally does lololol. That guy was a smiley rat.

Archived