The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs LA at 7:00pm Pacific, Dec 28th, 2015

Odd.

I don't care if half the team is injured, that was a brutal game. LA plays a simple game, this dipsy-doo around the net BS on the PP isn't going to get it done. Take the puck to the net FFS.

I think back to early on when Horvat had a clear shot and does a 'fancy' drop pass to nobody instead...when will coaching tell the Canucks to stop trying to make every play a highlight reel goal and just try to put the puck in the net.

Man were f***ing losers n we'll prob pick another 3rd liner  with are first round pick like we do every year. Starting to Lose faith in this organization 1 good playoff run every 10 years is becoming a heart ache. Here's to another 4/5 years of bad drafting n bad trades till are next finals loss. 

So, (not to be mean, really being honest here) is Burrows done? Will he get another contract or is he retiring at the end of next season?

I just don't see a hell of a lot in his game this year, yeesh. He had some great years, but he's been very pedestrian for awhile now.

Game was determined by puck luck.

LA had it, Vancouver didn't .

First three LA goals were complete fluke bounces which resulted in goals.

Meanwhile Canucks had multiple excellent chances and missed scoring by the tiniest margins.

By the time it was 3-0, the Canucks gave up.

Markstrom played well, couldn't be expected to deal with all the deflections which were happening.

LA is dirtiest team in the league... perfect example was McNab's cheapshot on Henrik, that was clearly an attempt to beat up on a known injured player... who happens to be a key to Vancouver's offense...  McNab and rest of the LA team probably put up to it by Sutter.  Too bad Bo Horvat didn't take the opportunity he had when Doughty was roughing him to drop his gloves and really punish the little twerp and show LA being rough is a two edged sword... but Bo is too nice a guy... unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Mustapha said:

I don't care if half the team is injured, that was a brutal game. LA plays a simple game, this dipsy-doo around the net BS on the PP isn't going to get it done. Take the puck to the net FFS.

I think back to early on when Horvat had a clear shot and does a 'fancy' drop pass to nobody instead...when will coaching tell the Canucks to stop trying to make every play a highlight reel goal and just try to put the puck in the net.

Biggest difference between the Canucks and Kings for me other than their size.

They can score goals in every kind of way. It seems like the Canucks are always trying to make fancy plays, when sometimes the best play is just to put it on net.

Garbage goals count the same as highlight reel ones.

25 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone that says its not the coach does not know hockey. We may not be loaded with talent but there is enough there that through having a gameplan, proper lineup matches and game management can win games. We have the opposite, a coach that loses us games. 

Vey on the powerplay, dressing Higgins, playing Weber .....all on WD 

B)

51 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Why do so many like him so much?  

He's part of the "old stale core" - yeah, he scored "the goal" in OT - but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

We need to change up Burr and Higgin's 7 Million $ black hole in the top 6...Leaders? of what? how to cash your paycheck?

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Anyone that says its not the coach does not know hockey. We may not be loaded with talent but there is enough there that through having a gameplan, proper lineup matches and game management can win games. We have the opposite, a coach that loses us games. 

Vey on the powerplay, dressing Higgins, playing Weber .....all on WD 

Said that for a long time! Willie D tries to teach this team how not to loose instead of how to win. There's a BIG difference! These Canucks need to play to win, NOT play to not to loose. All on the coach and it's getting ridiculous.

:(

13 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

I am discussing previous posts where you criticized his fighting ability, not technique. 

He has had ONE concussion, not concussions. Also, yes, I do understand the severeness of a brain injury.

You clearly said he would get "destroyed".  Going toe to toe with Lucic is the best approach, using the analogy of a good offense is the best defense.

See his fight against Colton Orr when he wanted to trade blow for blow, Lucic backed off behind the refs after being on the receiving end. Pedan has the same kind of KO power. 

I am sure his loss to Bickel has made him re-evaluate his technique and approach. 

I've been watching Pedan's fights for years, so I'd like to think I would have a good level of knowledge in regards to potential outcomes of his fights. 

No I didn't I criticised his defence.

8 hours ago, lolwut? said:

Its the coach AND the players. Willie doesn't get some magical pass.. he's to blame for our continuing poor special teams as well as preparing this team to be ready to play, which they are NOT.

I can hold the whole team accountable when they don't play well, but can you?

YOU can?  How's that working out for you?  Are the players responding to your accountability holding? Lol

Move over Willie, John and Alain.  Jim and Trev we got your man right here.... Our new coach, LOLWUT?

12 hours ago, SuperReverb2 said:

Said that for a long time! Willie D tries to teach this team how not to loose instead of how to win. There's a BIG difference! These Canucks need to play to win, NOT play to not to loose. All on the coach and it's getting ridiculous.

I only find that WD may have that 'try not to lose' mindset when we're clinging to a lead late in the game (or OT)...Never at the outset of a game.

Watching the big Kings forwards having their way with our smallish D last night,was a demonstration that we are under equipped to deal with a team like the Kings.

Speaking of the Kings...looks like they're right back to where they were a few seasons back..They had a lot of bad luck last year,but you just knew they would rebound (how could they not with Doughty,Quick,Kopitar..all currently in their prime).

13 hours ago, SuperReverb2 said:

You just haven't a clue, have you?

Do you see the state of this team? Henrik was a passenger, we have a 2nd line struggling to score, a 3rd line struggling to wake up and a D ravaged by injury - and you are complaining that he teaches them how not to lose  - ffs

You seem under the impression that this team is a PT or SC winner, when did you land back on earth?:P

Archived