The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs LA at 7:00pm Pacific, Dec 28th, 2015

Odd.

7 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This guy...every thread about Pedan he claims any of his opponents would beat him. 

You really need to get your eyes checked. He has had on clear loss on his fighting record. 

Has he fought a guy the level of Lucic?

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

This guy...every thread about Pedan he claims any of his opponents would beat him. 

You really need to get your eyes checked. He has had on clear loss on his fighting record. 

First of all don't misquote me, I said he was at risk fighting a recognised NHL fighter.

According to you his concussions are just my imagination then are they? 

Do you realise that winning is not the same as walking away injury free? How long was he out for after his last concussion?

For a guy who has Rick's name in his user name I might have thought you would realise the importance of defence as Rypien had one of the best in the business. 

I have no problem with Pedan fighting AFTER he has learned to defend himself.

So it's not my eyes that need checked it is your comprehension.

I would sooner watch the line up that played Edmonton than a line up with Burrows and Higgins in it.

Team speed just dropped and the feeling of sweet all returns when you see these 2 back. 

Don't fool yourself if these 2 pick up points tonight. They've topped off. Anchors 

I actually don't like most fighting in the NHL. I think its time to move beyond it really, at least staged fights anyway. I do however love those instances when a guy like Iginla and Kesler have been inside each others kitchen all night and its finally boils over in a battle. I can get behind those. The last thing we need is a young player coming in an getting hurt because he feels he needs to prove himself. If he keeps throwing hits and playing the way he did last game, Pedan is going to prove himself.

40 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Just heard something about Cracknell sitting out.  Hope this is wrong.  Looking for more info.

Had a good game, 8 hits on the Oil.  Vey played well too and is staying in.  With Henrik and the face-off troubles, would have thought it'd make more sense to keep in another C, but Willie must want his vets back.

32 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

First of all don't misquote me, I said he was at risk fighting a recognised NHL fighter.

According to you his concussions are just my imagination then are they? 

Do you realise that winning is not the same as walking away injury free? How long was he out for after his last concussion?

For a guy who has Rick's name in his user name I might have thought you would realise the importance of defence as Rypien had one of the best in the business. 

I have no problem with Pedan fighting AFTER he has learned to defend himself.

So it's not my eyes that need checked it is your comprehension.

I am discussing previous posts where you criticized his fighting ability, not technique. 

He has had ONE concussion, not concussions. Also, yes, I do understand the severeness of a brain injury.

You clearly said he would get "destroyed".  Going toe to toe with Lucic is the best approach, using the analogy of a good offense is the best defense.

See his fight against Colton Orr when he wanted to trade blow for blow, Lucic backed off behind the refs after being on the receiving end. Pedan has the same kind of KO power. 

I am sure his loss to Bickel has made him re-evaluate his technique and approach. 

I've been watching Pedan's fights for years, so I'd like to think I would have a good level of knowledge in regards to potential outcomes of his fights. 

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Has he fought a guy the level of Lucic?

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/15496 

You be the judge. 

I say guys like McIlrath, Blanchard, Camara, Stevenson are some pretty well known goons/skilled fighters in the AHL. 

It is also widely known that the AHL has some of the toughest guys in hockey, especially with the crack down of fighting in the NHL. 

15 minutes ago, apollo said:

Arg having a rough few days... A win tonight would really be nice. 

I hear you man. I've had a very rough month of December myself. It's okay though, almost the New Year Apollo! We can make it through! Here's to a hopeful Canucks Victory tonight! :towel:

58 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I would sooner watch the line up that played Edmonton than a line up with Burrows and Higgins in it.

Team speed just dropped and the feeling of sweet all returns when you see these 2 back. 

Don't fool yourself if these 2 pick up points tonight. They've topped off. Anchors 

sad part of that is that Higgins used to be fast and Burrows had above average speed. Injuries and age have taken their toll on these two guys. 

4 minutes ago, winthecup said:

sad part of that is that Higgins used to be fast and Burrows had above average speed. Injuries and age have taken their toll on these two guys. 

Not only that, it seems like every time these two are fed a pass in a prime scoring position they shoot wide. Higgins especially.

Time to put players there who can bury those chances.

Archived