The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fish

Pure Class

On December 31, 2015 at 8:12 AM, ice orca said:

Walleye pan fried fresh in the morning just after being caught.

1.Crush up lays all dressed chips, or any vinegar kinda flavour. 

2.mix with some flour +\- 80:20

3. Roll the fillet in it heavy 

4. fry it in an Iron skillet full of hot crisco, it's gotta be Crisco.  

It will fry into a fried chicken consistency.

It will blow your mind. 

On 12/31/2015 at 7:02 PM, Pure Class said:

Salmon is probably the best overall.

Tuna is really good when prepared properly and it's also a good emergency food. We packed 6 cans of tuna in a bag for the next earthquake because it's pretty healthy and an easy survival food.

Haddock is overrated. Too moist all the time - I like fish moist. But when it's flaky and moist it just turns into this pasty fish-clump in your mouth. Up yours, haddock.

Cod is like the go to fish n chips fish but it's better grilled. Do it. Do it.

Discuss.

Bought 42 Freshly caught, Wild Sockeye Salmon during the run. From Natives up the river of course, $13 or $14 each and filled up a deep freezer. Gave a few away to friends and neighbours, Vacuum sealed the rest and filled up a deep freezer.

I plan on smoking some soon. Just haven't gotten around to it. Tastes the best cooked in a Tandoor on NFL Sunday.

A Tandoor btw is a clay oven that cooks at very high temps. Used in South Asia from Armenia to Turkey, Iran to the caucasus and India amongst all other countries in between and around that area of the world. Pretty much most of middle and south Asia. It's pretty expensive and a specialty item to have at home but I happen to have one and I love it.

I used to buy the Salmon  every year long time ago and stopped for a while. Never bought this much before, usually around 20 fish. Think I bought too much, pbbly go back to around 20 again next year.

I like Tuna and yeah it's great for emergency kit. Everyone should have some, I have some canned Wild Pacific Salmon cans as well. Used to eat a lot of these when training. 

Any ways, good thread. Like it, very original and interesting.

On 1/9/2016 at 11:27 PM, LaBamba said:

1.Crush up lays all dressed chips, or any vinegar kinda flavour. 

2.mix with some flour +\- 80:20

3. Roll the fillet in it heavy 

4. fry it in an Iron skillet full of hot crisco, it's gotta be Crisco.  

It will fry into a fried chicken consistency.

It will blow your mind. 

I'll try this, seems quite bland for my palate though. But I'll try it. OK I might add a pinch or two of spice but follow the rest.

I usually like to add a bit of "flavour" to the flour. A little garlic powder, red chilli powder, black pepper to start and then add from there depending on my mood.I find adding a little bit of cornstarch adds a bit of crunchiness.

12 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I'll try this, seems quite bland for my palate though. But I'll try it. OK I might add a pinch or two of spice but follow the rest.

I usually like to add a bit of "flavour" to the flour. A little garlic powder, red chilli powder, black pepper to start and then add from there depending on my mood.I find adding a little bit of cornstarch adds a bit of crunchiness.

Hell ya, I pound the spices to it. 

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

How do you like to prepare your red snapper, never had it. I can google a recipe but that wouldn't be as fun. 

As much as I'd love to explain the intricacies of preparing snapper, I'm 17 and struggle to consistently make a good sandwich.

I've just enjoyed it every time i've had it, lol. 

12 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

As much as I'd love to explain the intricacies of preparing snapper, I'm 17 and struggle to consistently make a good sandwich.

I've just enjoyed it every time i've had it, lol. 

all good kid. btw, you should be in bed getting ready for school tomorrow. lol

• 2 months later...

Archived