The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hansen fined $2000 for diving

b3.

It is BS like this that makes me think that if we are to ever win a cup, we need to be better than the 85 Oilers in order to beat the team and the league!

2011 said it all, we were hands down the most dominant team in the league, then we get screwed in the finals because Colin Campbell had his son playing for the Bruins. Chara, thornton and Horton should all been suspended that playoff year. 

4 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Its literally the rules. 

If you're booked twice for diving you get a fine the 2nd time.

Any player would receive the fine. 

They didn't miss this play - yet they missed the McNabb hit, in which the principal contact of the hit was the head. If they had set up a phone hearing, as per the rules, even if it was a late one, I think people are less angry about this.

McNabb's hit is against the rules - that type of hit is what they 'say' they are trying to get rid of. Henrik wasn't injured, but McNabb's elbow should've been a penalty at minimum.

5 minutes ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

It is BS like this that makes me think that if we are to ever win a cup, we need to be better than the 85 Oilers in order to beat the team and the league!

2011 said it all, we were hands down the most dominant team in the league, then we get screwed in the finals because Colin Campbell had his son playing for the Bruins. Chara, thornton and Horton should all been suspended that playoff year. 

To be fair, Campbell stepped down during the playoffs, to avoid conflict of interest. There was something else at play there.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

They didn't miss this play - yet they missed the McNabb hit, in which the principal contact of the hit was the head. If they had set up a phone hearing, as per the rules, even if it was a late one, I think people are less angry about this.

McNabb's hit is against the rules - that type of hit is what they 'say' they are trying to get rid of. Henrik wasn't injured, but McNabb's elbow should've been a penalty at minimum.

What relevancy does this have to the McNabb hit? 

Just now, Caboose said:

What relevancy does this have to the McNabb hit? 

It's about retroactive punishment.

They've, so far, missed the McNabb hit. Whereas, they did not miss this play. They have fined Hansen much later than they usually would've.

McNabb probably ends up getting unpunished, retroactively or not. Somehow the diving penalty takes more precedence than an illegal check to the head (which is what that McNabb hit was).

21 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Uh, sorry but what?! 

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/video-canucks-hansen-fined-for-diving/ 

...so that is a dive to you and not a hard working play where Hansen was unbalanced battling/forechecking 2 Bolts defenders and got knocked over? Yeah, can't be. Was a dive. What a rat. /sarcasm

Sorry, but I disagree. I've seen a lot of dives in my 50 years in the game and that looked like one to me....

Gary Bettmanstein's Un Kosher Clown show.

This isn't a sport , this is a joke.

Canadians , nothing but suckers paying to fuel U.S expansion

All i want out of this team now is a complete goon squad that destroys other teams valuable assets.

There is ZERO point in Vancouver trying to ice a "skilled team" in this clown league.

Archived