The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hansen fined $2000 for diving

b3.

2 hours ago, Caboose said:

Its literally the rules. 

If you're booked twice for diving you get a fine the 2nd time.

Any player would receive the fine. 

Yes, which is why :

2 hours ago, M A K A V E L I 96 said:

Hasen should've elbowed the Tampa player in the head instead. No penalty on the play and no fine.

The Canucks need more of this type of retaliation in their game. Diving just drags out the long held rep of Van being diving, no push back, yappy, sissy-boys.

50 minutes ago, gforce31 said:

HAHAHAHAHAH! What a joke of a league.

Good job NHL for disciplining Hansesn so thoroughly and sending a message...meanwhile Marchand almost ended another player's career, as a repeat offender for the same offence, and gets a 3 game suspension (when he had 5 the first time around)... 

NHL has no clue when it comes to disciplining its players - no consistency at all - no wonder the refs are confused on the ice too.

It's way worse than just incompetence.

its by design.

LOL. What I find most funny is the fact that the fine is given to him 2 weeks after the "dive." 

Hilarious stuff.

I ain't even mad about the fine, I'm just more mad about the inconsistency in this league. Not even about the Canucks. McNabb not getting a fine or suspension is and will always be ridiculous. But I recall seeing a full on like head on lunge attack to Couture by Brown earlier this season. But no suspension on that, its insane. There's a lot of other hits that we've seen this year and last year, and years before that haven't been warranted a fine at least. Its complete BS. The league is biased when it comes to certain teams/players, and its making me sick. A lot of things need to be fixed. 

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Of course Hansen had to go down on the play and try to draw a penalty, The officiating in that game was brutally biased because they were butthurt by the Canucks saying they were not being fair(which they weren't),

It was the only way the refs would be forced to call a penalty and they did, but evened up the call with the embellishment call on Hansen! Hansen was pretty much forced to embellish.

I love this sort of "logic"; it fits right in with the old "Bertuzzi had to attack Moore because the NHL refused to agree with the Canucks that Moore's hit on Naslund was dirty" logic or the "Burrows has to dive because the refs all hate him and won't call penalties against him". Sits nicely alongside the long held belief that "nobody is allowed to hit our star players" philosophy that prevails around here.

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:

To be fair, Campbell stepped down during the playoffs, to avoid conflict of interest. There was something else at play there.

sounds legit that all of Colin Campbell's underlings and monkey referees would completely forget who their boss was during the playoffs and the Bruins run.

Maybe it was the RaeleiansClaude-Vorilhon-leader-of-the-Raelians-A

37 minutes ago, thema said:

I love this sort of "logic"; it fits right in with the old "Bertuzzi had to attack Moore because the NHL refused to agree with the Canucks that Moore's hit on Naslund was dirty" logic or the "Burrows has to dive because the refs all hate him and won't call penalties against him". Sits nicely alongside the long held belief that "nobody is allowed to hit our star players" philosophy that prevails around here.

Obviously you didn't watch the Lightning game, the refereeing was unquestionably and blatantly one sided.

I watched the replay several times, and wish there were more angles.  At first blush it appeared Hansen embellished the trip, when he appeared to spring airborne off his left leg.   Looking closer it appeared that one defenceman's stick had also caught up with the back of the skate of the other defenseman and you could see the stick bow when Hanson's left knee put pressure on it, making it appear that Hansen straightened the leg to spring upward.     BUT I have not much doubt that Hansen may have added a little muscle to that upward motion.  

That said, I also had no doubt that the Ref's had been bias against the Canucks for more than a few years after the Burrows incident, that called out a Ref.   The Refs had become a little better until that ten penalty debacle.   Now the league is even worse by ignoring the patently obvious hit to the head of Hank.  

8 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

what we need is to trade burrows and hansen and then the canucks will be good with the refs... 

WRONG.

They would still continue till the Sedins were finished... then after that, till Tanev was finished, etc. etc. etc.

This is all about CORRUPT officials trying to claim power which is not theirs.

4 hours ago, keredz said:

Hmm, Hansen fined for diving... But no fine or anything to a player that check Sedin in the head with an elbow. 

So bloody ridiculous. 

Did Hansen embellish a bit?  Sure.  But let me know how he doesn't hit the ice when he's being mauled?  Should he have flown over the stick? 

photo honey_zpsjrvwqpbq.png

photo dive 1_zpscf4xmeis.png

The league needs to quit "looking" for things and stop missing the obvious ones.

Archived