The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks vs. Canucks - Friday, January 1, 2016 - 7PM PT

canucksnhl

Happy New Year!  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Pretty obvious that Tanev in and pedan out instead of weber means we plan to go through the holiday game motions and not cause a ripple against a team that embarrassed the franchise in the last meeting.  

There cant ant be any other explanation. Hank is elbowed in the head just recently and now we face the ducks at home with a roster that could contain more bite and yet the coach decides to castrate the team.

really wondering what the boys upstairs are thinking too.

anyone complaining about the treatment of our stars need look no further than our own mgmt.. The refs are a long ways from where the blame should be directed.

if I were the ducks id literally be frothing to play the Canucks tonight.

Totally. Willie bears complete responsibility for the impending loss tonight. 

Think of the money saved thanks to Torts getting hired. Use that saved money to fire WD and hire Green at the end of the season. 

Anaheim must look at that D-lineup and laugh. They are the biggest team in the NHL (http://mirtle.blogspot.ca/2015/10/2015-16-nhl-teams-by-height-weight-and.html) and get to play against what is probably the smallest/softest D-core.

6 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Well tbh I'd accept a loss.  It's the rollover I don't accept.

wd is potentially endangering certain players at this point.

Yeah. His roster management is severely lacking. Any measure to prevent injury to players, considering what happened last game, should be taken.

But these are Willie's Canucks.....

To those of you not willing to admit we are tanking or wondered how tanking can take place....here you go. No competant managment would play Weber when there is an obvious better option specially given the size of the Ducks. So we are tanking or we are incompetant, take your pick.

Linden or Benning need to step in or both need to go. The honeymoon is over. 

Please boo Weber off the ice tonight fans. Not because if Weber personally but we need to show our frustration.

I am starting to think Benning was way overrated in Boston and frankly he is nothing more than a decent assistant GM. He is not well spoken at all. 

WD is useless

Linden is in over his abilities. He was a great leader on the ice but this is a different world he is in now. Look how far using former players got Edmonton? 

Frustrating times. Would not pay anything more than $70 to watch this team. Many empty seats to come.

4 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

A lot of people said that this was coming after Willies latest interview

Linden Vey over McCann

Linden Vey getting 1st pp time last game

Weber over Pedan

If we're not tanking / trying to find a way to up the value of those two plugs before we try and salvage a draft pick from trading them, then the NHL needs to get Willie into a substance abuse program

Just now, canuck2288 said:

I am starting to think Benning was way overrated in Boston and frankly he is nothing more than a decent assistant GM. He is not well spoken at all. 

WD is useless

Linden is in over his abilities. He was a great leader on the ice but this is a different world he is in now. Look how far using former players got Edmonton? 

Frustrating times. Would not pay anything more than $70 to watch this team. Many empty seats to come.

So you have to be an English Major in order to be a good NHL gm?

I swear some people here just read the garbage the media puts out and then forms an opinion

1 minute ago, McCannon said:

Linden Vey over McCann

Linden Vey getting 1st pp time last game

Weber over Pedan

If we're not tanking the NHL needs to get Willie into a substance abuse program

McCann was 0 for in the faceoff dot. How is that going to help the team?

Pedan I agree with especially since we are playing a big team in Anahiem

Just now, Gstank29 said:

McCann was 0 for in the faceoff dot. How is that going to help the team?

Pedan I agree with especially since we are playing a big team in Anahiem

Please don't even try and suggest that Linden Vey is a better player and can help the team more than Jared McCann

That is the implication of your comment and sorry its completely ABSURD

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

WD is useless

70 seems like too much.  What are ticket prices in the sun belt teams?  I think our prices should be way less than 70.

3 minutes ago, McCannon said:

Please don't even try and suggest that Linden Vey is a better player and can help the team more than Jared McCann

That is the implication of your comment and sorry its completely ABSURD

I dont see how you can be a better player when the puck is consisently on the other teams stick when you're on the ice. More skilled yes but right now he is not better. Veys been a lot better this year

0.1-0 Ducks.

Anaheim gets credit for the first partial goal in NHL history. Kesler sends the entire team with the exception of Yannick Weber to the hospital with broken necks. The coaching staff, management, and Weber are tied to a raft, lit on fire, and set adrift into the Pacific Ocean.

Months later, the Canucks win the draft lottery and select Auston Matthews. He then uses his superpowers to seize ownership of the franchise and move them to Mexico City.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

70 seems like too much.  What are ticket prices in the sun belt teams?  I think our prices should be way less than 70.

Understand but I quoted based upon playing in Canada but good point. Maybe 50 is more reflective of  value of on ice product

Archived