The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Damien Cox and his hate for Canucks prospects

Blueberries

Dont know if this deserved a thread but hey its better than 90% of the threads on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Cox is the biggest Canucks prospect basher in the world. I remember when Cassels shut downed McInjured he went on a huge rant of how Cassels is older and is trying to bully the next Gretzky. Today he goes on twitter rant of how Virtanen lost Canada the game and then praises Marner for being a god. 

#Here we go:
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin - meatspin copy obv

Damien Cox's saying that Cole being two years older then mcdavid is the main factor of success and downplaying him shutting him down. What about all the other 19 year olds this kid has burned? What a joke

- Virtanen the Great

Here's some hate for just the Canucks by Cox:

Can't stand this idiot.

Meh I'm sure you can find a few local writers who don't know what they are talking about with prospects from the east. Haven't you learned by now that the Canucks are the easiest team to hate in the NHL?

Our stars are soft. Our players are dirty and needs to be fined or suspended. Our players are open season on headshots "take as many as you want, don't worry the league will pretend it didn't happen.", and our rookies suck. 

56 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Dont know if this deserved a thread but hey its better than 90% of the threads on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Cox is the biggest Canucks prospect basher in the world. I remember when Cassels shut downed McInjured he went on a huge rant of how Cassels is older and is trying to bully the next Gretzky. Today he goes on twitter rant of how Virtanen lost Canada the game and then praises Marner for being a god. 

#Here we go:
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin - meatspin copy obv

Can't stand this idiot.

Agree I can't stand him either!...i remember even during the times when Canucks were looking to trade Luongo and Kesler he kept down playing there value

A common misconception is that all trolls are the same. Actually there are two kinds of trolls. Ones that are hateful prick's that you ignore because they make cheap comments you cant really refute without becoming troll yourself. Those are the ones you don't feed. Then there are the zealous idiot's who actually try base their troll in twisted fact in attempt to appear intelligent. Those ones you blaze down with actual fact and intelligence. Damien Cox ... is one you ignore. 

I said this right from the start before the tourney it could be a negative spin effect on virt if he doesn't play well. We do have to put things in perspective. For example, lets start right at the beginning. First he made the team playing well when key players wasn't injured and doing well, 1 for confidence. Mccann started to score and virt wasn't, -1 for confidence, even though scoring isn't virts expertise. Injuries on the canucks started to happen and more was asked of him, more was asked from everyone confindence -1 The injury to virt -1 for confidence. Being sent to the juniors and was put on a pedastal, he was destined to dominate. confidence 1. so where are we so far with confidence: we are at +1 right now... lets continue, team canada isn't as strong as it has been in the past and remember, virt is known for his toughness. Not his scoring. Virt has never been known for his scoring (has any canuck prospect?) -1 confidence. Team canada as a team took all tourney to gel, again can't stand out if others arent' there to support  -1 confidence. So we are at even. Virt isn't the only one taking stupid penalties.. many others have contributed +1. In my mind thru all and all what virt has done and hasn't its a big ask to overcome such a roller coaster ride. Growing pains as i like to call it in development. Virt is still young everyone, sending him back to juniors would only set him back. He needs to go back to the canucks and keep playing till every one is back healthy then criticize. That was the starting point of his roller coaster ride...and you know what, that ask he delivered successfully, you have to be positive and look at things subjectively. Being negative does nothing. Go Virtanen! I am happy for you, you deserved better!

1 minute ago, SedinMadness said:

I said this right from the start before the tourney it could be a negative spin effect on virt if he doesn't play well. We do have to put things in perspective. For example, lets start right at the beginning. First he made the team playing well when key players wasn't injured and doing well, 1 for confidence. Mccann started to score and virt wasn't, -1 for confidence, even though scoring isn't virts expertise. Injuries on the canucks started to happen and more was asked of him, more was asked from everyone confindence -1 The injury to virt -1 for confidence. Being sent to the juniors and was put on a pedastal, he was destined to dominate. confidence 1. so where are we so far with confidence: we are at +1 right now... lets continue, team canada isn't as strong as it has been in the past and remember, virt is known for his toughness. Not his scoring. Virt has never been known for his scoring (has any canuck prospect?) -1 confidence. Team canada as a team took all tourney to gel, again can't stand out if others arent' there to support  -1 confidence. So we are at even. Virt isn't the only one taking stupid penalties.. many others have contributed +1. In my mind thru all and all what virt has done and hasn't its a big ask to overcome such a roller coaster ride. Growing pains as i like to call it in development. Virt is still young everyone, sending him back to juniors would only set him back. He needs to go back to the canucks and keep playing till every one is back healthy then criticize. That was the starting point of his roller coaster ride...and you know what, that ask he delivered successfully, you have to be positive and look at things subjectively. Being negative does nothing. Go Virtanen! I am happy for you, you deserved better!

Paragraphs are an extremely useful writing tool.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2013/10/22/maple_leafs_clarkson_set_to_ride_to_rescue_cox.html

Leafs' Clarkson set to ride to the rescue: Cox.

Yeah, you read that correctly lol

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2014/02/03/phil_kessels_ascent_a_lesson_for_david_clarksons_doubters_cox.html

"Burke’s replacement, Dave Nonis, gave Kessel an eight-year, $64-million contract extension on the eve of the current season.

Now, after what happened Saturday night in the latest episode of Battle of Ontario, some might argue the Leafs got off cheaply."

Honestly, this guy is a goldmine of laughable content.

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But Jake did suck. Am I missing something?

Look at his damn Twitter. Did Hickets not take a bad penalty after Jake? Did Marner not take away a PP by punching a Finnish player? Judging by Cox, neither of these events happened. 

He looks like Messier, not surprising. 

Archived