The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Damien Cox and his hate for Canucks prospects

Blueberries

1 hour ago, SedinMadness said:

perhaps but i can't believe you read that already...i just posted it.. i guess you couldn't wait to be negative.

It contained some interesting information, but when confronted with an obelisk of text, most folks opt out.

9 hours ago, smokes said:

Meh I'm sure you can find a few local writers who don't know what they are talking about with prospects from the east. Haven't you learned by now that the Canucks are the easiest team to hate i

Our stars are soft. Our players are dirty and needs to be fined or suspended. Our players are open season on headshots "take as many as you want, don't worry the league will pretend it didn't happen.", and our rookies suck.

Honestly seems like it's become cool to hate on the Canucks , like we're the Nickelback of the NHL

8 hours ago, SedinMadness said:

I said this right from the start before the tourney it could be a negative spin effect on virt if he doesn't play well. We do have to put things in perspective. For example, lets start right at the beginning. First he made the team playing well when key players wasn't injured and doing well, 1 for confidence. Mccann started to score and virt wasn't, -1 for confidence, even though scoring isn't virts expertise. Injuries on the canucks started to happen and more was asked of him, more was asked from everyone confindence -1 The injury to virt -1 for confidence. Being sent to the juniors and was put on a pedastal, he was destined to dominate. confidence 1. so where are we so far with confidence: we are at +1 right now... lets continue, team canada isn't as strong as it has been in the past and remember, virt is known for his toughness. Not his scoring. Virt has never been known for his scoring (has any canuck prospect?) -1 confidence. Team canada as a team took all tourney to gel, again can't stand out if others arent' there to support  -1 confidence. So we are at even. Virt isn't the only one taking stupid penalties.. many others have contributed +1. In my mind thru all and all what virt has done and hasn't its a big ask to overcome such a roller coaster ride. Growing pains as i like to call it in development. Virt is still young everyone, sending him back to juniors would only set him back. He needs to go back to the canucks and keep playing till every one is back healthy then criticize. That was the starting point of his roller coaster ride...and you know what, that ask he delivered successfully, you have to be positive and look at things subjectively. Being negative does nothing. Go Virtanen! I am happy for you, you deserved better!

I'm sorry, but Virtanen is not known for goal scoring? Are you kidding? Then why did we take him 6th overall? Just for toughness? You serious? More like -1000 if he's not going to be known for scoring. 

11 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Dont know if this deserved a thread but hey its better than 90% of the threads on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Cox is the biggest Canucks prospect basher in the world. I remember when Cassels shut downed McInjured he went on a huge rant of how Cassels is older and is trying to bully the next Gretzky. Today he goes on twitter rant of how Virtanen lost Canada the game and then praises Marner for being a god. 

#Here we go:
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin - meatspin copy obv

Can't stand this idiot.

Now you know what it's like reading your posts on the same prospects.

Edit: may have mixed you up with the other berrie

58 minutes ago, Pr3mo said:

Honestly seems like it's become cool to hate on the Canucks , like we're the Nickelback of the NHL

And no more so than by their own fans.

Are you blind to what gets posted about the team, the coach, the players, the GM every damned day on here. There is never any let up.

How do you expect outsiders to respect this team when it is undermined on a daily basis by the ignorant, the impatient and the immature people who purport to be "fans" Oh the irony!

17 minutes ago, suitup said:

I'm sorry, but Virtanen is not known for goal scoring? Are you kidding? Then why did we take him 6th overall? Just for toughness? You serious? More like -1000 if he's not going to be known for scoring. 

very serious bud! he is known for going into the corners laying the big body checks and once in a while pop a goal in... what are you watching? how many goals does virt have this season? what was the biggest head line for him this year? oh yea the big body check he gave conner. 

Jake plays a simple game. He plays up and down the wing and goes hard to the net.(a heavy game as some would say) He is not a play maker and relies on his center to be set up. The Canadian team was in shambles and looked disorganized through the hole tournament. Their goal tending was a mess and defense was shaky. But lets blame it all on Jake.

Lucic plays a similar style of game. Put Jake with the right Center and he will be just fine. The difference with Jake and Lucic is skating. It is up to The Canucks to take a 19 year who has all the tools and turn him into something.

10 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

very serious bud! he is known for going into the corners laying the big body checks and once in a while pop a goal in... what are you watching? how many goals does virt have this season? what was the biggest head line for him this year? oh yea the big body check he gave conner. 

What's sad is that you're right. 

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Jake plays a simple game. He plays up and down the wing and goes hard to the net.(a heavy game as some would say) He is not a play maker and relies on his center to be set up. The Canadian team was in shambles and looked disorganized through the hole tournament. Their goal tending was a mess and defense was shaky. But lets blame it all on Jake.

Lucic plays a similar style of game. Put Jake with the right Center and he will be just fine. The difference with Jake and Lucic is skating. It is up to The Canucks to take a 19 year who has all the tools and turn him into something.

Hopefully your words will be read and understood around here.  Your point about TC is spot on.

I also agree with what you have said about Jake.  He has great tools and needs time to hone them and become a significant player on the team.  It would also be helpful if the fans would be more patient and support his efforts.

Damien Cox says calls it how HE sees it.

In this case I tend to agree.  Though IM a huge supporter of VIrtanen and all canucks property, I agree that Marner showed up when it mattered most, and Virtanen $hitt the bed hard.

As a 19 year old and the only player on the roster with NHL experience, he should have been the example. 

For me he's a player that can win and cost his team victories.  Cox is not the only anaylist that has questions about Virtanen, and its not hard to see why when Jake proves them right on one of the worlds biggest stages.

Very little offensive showing, bad penalties, often in strange spots on the ice.  He does have an intriguing skill set, but theres some issues between the ears when hes on the ice.  Hopefully he can mature and grow out of them, or hell never be a true top 6 player.

9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

But Jake did suck. Am I missing something?

He did. Your not realizing he went on live TV after the OHL finals and went on a rant saying Cassels is a bust saying the only reason he can shut down Mcbust is because he's older and when he goes pro we will see how horrible Cassels is.

Also how can one build Marner up so much even though he was just as bad as Virtanen.

Archived