The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Damien Cox and his hate for Canucks prospects

Blueberries

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can't stand Cox either, but if I'm being honest, Marner was the best of the Canadian forwards in the tournament, while Virtanen was the worst.

I  couldn't stand marners game.  Epitomy of one dimensional.  One of my least favourite players on a team with lots of players I didn't like.

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I can't stand Cox either, but if I'm being honest, Marner was the best of the Canadian forwards in the tournament, while Virtanen was the worst.

Marner had goals but none affected the games outcome.

Also is he not with his "buddy" Strome the poster boys for individuals over team.

38 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Jake plays a simple game. He plays up and down the wing and goes hard to the net.(a heavy game as some would say) He is not a play maker and relies on his center to be set up. The Canadian team was in shambles and looked disorganized through the hole tournament. Their goal tending was a mess and defense was shaky. But lets blame it all on Jake.

Lucic plays a similar style of game. Put Jake with the right Center and he will be just fine. The difference with Jake and Lucic is skating. It is up to The Canucks to take a 19 year who has all the tools and turn him into something.

Lucic - Horvat - Virtanen might actually make me interested enough to buy an ice pack next year as long as Higgins , Burrows and Weber are off the team.

8 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Marner had goals but none affected the games outcome.

Also is he not with his "buddy" Strome the poster boys for individuals over team.

I agree with you on this.......Strome is an incredibly selfish player, as Were the bulk of the 18 year olds.  Jake probably could have 4-5 goals if Strome didn't hold on to the puck until 3 defenders were on him and then take a shot that gets deflected into the netting.  I can literally think of 3 times in the last two games where Jake was in a shooting position, cocked and ready to shoot and Strome completely ignored him for a low percentage shot.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

No way. Marner showed up for 1 period the entire tournament. He honestly looked like he was scared out there the whole tournament until the 3rd period against Finland. Strome was Canada's best player. And honestly even he wasn't that good. Team Canada as a whole sucked.

I don't particularly like Cox but let's look at who he is.  He's a Toronto Star columninst, TSN panelinst, contributor to ESPN.com and Hockeynews etc.....

He's a poster-boy for the Toronto sports media.  Why should we be surprised when he's pumping the tires of the Leafs prospects....Marner (sure, a big talent selected 4th OA but not immune to poor decisions and individual play) and dumping responsibility on a scape goat who is the top pick of a non-Toronto team, Virtanen.

Jake was just an easy target because he took 2 penalties on one play with 5 minutes to go in an elimination game.  Did he cost them the tournament?  No.  Indifferent play from the very beginning cost Canada the tournament.  You could just as easily blame poor goaltending.  2 soft goals in the elimination game made the difference.  C'mon, it's a team game, 23 players.

Cox is in a competitive business and is trying to make himself noticed.

12 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Dont know if this deserved a thread but hey its better than 90% of the threads on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Cox is the biggest Canucks prospect basher in the world. I remember when Cassels shut downed McInjured he went on a huge rant of how Cassels is older and is trying to bully the next Gretzky. Today he goes on twitter rant of how Virtanen lost Canada the game and then praises Marner for being a god. 

#Here we go:
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin - meatspin copy obv

Here's some hate for just the Canucks by Cox:

Can't stand this idiot.

He's such a troll its ridiculous, troll him on twitter lol

1 hour ago, Positive Canuck said:

Lucic - Horvat - Virtanen might actually make me interested enough to buy an ice pack next year as long as Higgins , Burrows and Weber are off the team.

Everything you say except we need Burr buddy. Transition him now to the 3rd and 4th lines. And when we're ready for one last run with the twins in 2 years, Burr will be one of those key vets you need as a shut down player (like Lappy/Manny) on the bottom lines.

Cup run team (2 years from now)

Baer McCann Lucic

Sedin Sedin Pulijarve / Laine (I suspect we'll have a top 3/4 pick this year)

Shinkaruk Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Gaunce Hansen / Dorsett

We win the cup the the twins retire, Bo's line moves up into the second spot! And we party!

6 minutes ago, McCannon said:

Everything you say except we need Burr buddy. Transition him now to the 3rd and 4th lines. And when we're ready for one last run with the twins in 2 years, Burr will be one of those key vets you need as a shut down player (like Lappy/Manny) on the bottom lines.

Cup run team (2 years from now)

Baer McCann Lucic

Sedin Sedin Pulijarve / Laine (I suspect we'll have a top 3/4 pick this year)

Shinkaruk Horvat Virtanen

Burrows Gaunce Hansen / Dorsett

We win the cup the the twins retire, Bo's line moves up into the second spot! And we party!

i like. 

you like our D ?

Edler -Buff

Pedan-Tryamkin

Hutton-Sbisa 

loll
?

7 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

i like. 

you like our D ?

Edler -Buff

Pedan-Tryamkin

Hutton-Sbisa 

loll
?

That would be our biggest issue. Buf will want too much money and term...Where's Tanev???? Hutton wouldn't be #5 in 2 years.

I see more of

Edler / Tanev

Hutton / (Someone big)

Pedan / Sbisa (hopefully continues to develop as he's showing)

Key will be

1. Pedan continues to develop into a strong stay at home dman

2. Hutton takes the next step offensively in the next 2 years, and Sbisa continues to grow as well

3. Edler continues to play a strong game and takes on the Salo role...

Cox can say what he wants. We need our prospects to perform and he'll sing a different tune. I like the group coming up but the reality is none have done anything at the NHL level except horvat last season. As for JV, he should have been with Barzal the minute he rejoined the group. Gifted playmaker with a lethal shooting wing. 

1 hour ago, stawns said:

I  couldn't stand marners game.  Epitomy of one dimensional.  One of my least favourite players on a team with lots of players I didn't like.

Agreed, and his attitude was as bad as his game.  I enjoy blaming Leafs prospects for the fun of it - but my disgust with his game has nothing to do with that - entirely a result of one of the most embarrassing and selfish gigs I've seen in ages.   You play that way in peewee, people might let it slip - play that way for Team Canada and you embarrass yourself and insult your team-mates.   

That feeding and inflation of his ego/head by a bunch of Toronto dimwits won't help him either - but we are talking about Toronto - a place that mistakes Phil Kessel for a franchise player, David Clarkson for a saviour.

Anyone with a hockey brain would rip him for a primadonna performance.  Good players make their teammates and linemates better.  Guys like Marner and Strome earned the early exit they got - 100%.

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Agreed, and his attitude was as bad as his game.  I enjoy blaming Leafs prospects for the fun of it - but my disgust with his game has nothing to do with that - entirely a result of one of the most embarrassing and selfish gigs I've seen in ages.   You play that way in peewee, people might let it slip - play that way for Team Canada and you embarrass yourself and insult your team-mates.   

That feeding and inflation of his ego/head by a bunch of Toronto dimwits won't help him either - but we are talking about Toronto - a place that mistakes Phil Kessel for a franchise player, David Clarkson for a saviour.

Anyone with a hockey brain would rip him for a primadonna performance.  Good players make their teammates and linemates better.  Guys like Marner and Strome earned the early exit they got - 100%.

I said the same thing to a buddy yesterday........truly great players make their liberates better.  Strome, Marner et al looked like they didn't even know they had linemates.  As a cman, this was especially true of Strome.

13 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Dont know if this deserved a thread but hey its better than 90% of the threads on here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damien Cox is the biggest Canucks prospect basher in the world. I remember when Cassels shut downed McInjured he went on a huge rant of how Cassels is older and is trying to bully the next Gretzky. Today he goes on twitter rant of how Virtanen lost Canada the game and then praises Marner for being a god. 

#Here we go:
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin - meatspin copy obv

Here's some hate for just the Canucks by Cox:

Can't stand this idiot.

Yea he's very biased.

marner actually had numerous give aways, selfish plays, and a share in dumb penalties.

i pay no attention to his opinion

14 hours ago, Blueberries said:

Can't stand this idiot.

It's his job to generate social media hype/publicity.....you fell for it.

Archived