The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] F Jonathan Drouin Requests Trade from TBL

Gstank29

2 hours ago, Yotes said:

greatly skilled forward, should help out whatever team he goes too. I dont think benning will be inquiring though, we have baertschi and shinkaruk, so unless one of those is going back in a package i dont see him making an offer.

He hasnt proven anything in the nhl so hard to give up alot for "potential"

Doesn't Drouin have better upside than Baertschi and Shinkaruk? If so I'd take a chance on Drouin if I had to give up either of those two.

This will be a business trade.  Tampa Bay should not have even been able to draft at #3 overall in 2013, considering how stacked their team has become without him.  Now they are forced to trade this top prospect for relatively nothing.

The Canucks should be able to trade Burrows, Higgins or Bearcheese for this player. 

Whether or not Drouin works out for the Canucks is a different issue.  Until the departure of D. Sedin, it will be difficult for a playmaking LW to get top-notch icetime.

A trade like this would be very entertaining.

Unless the Canucks want to give up one of our golden boys (Horvat, Virtanen, McCann) or some substantial picks this deal won't be happening for Benning.

Not to mention i'm still of the belief that it is defense that needs to be worked on first.  The blueline has absolutely nothing in the works that will help us build a winning team in the future.

Ok I will take an honest no homer look at it. From the POV of the Canucks I would offer A roster player + a prospect + 2nd Round Pick. Now we can also offer 2 Roster players like Hamhuis+Higgins and take a cap dump i.e. Carle in return. 

I would offer Hamhuis, Cassels and a 2nd round pick.  

34 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

2nd round pick from CBJ for signing Tortorella and Weber for Drouin

So Torts and Weber for Drouin ! :P

and then turn around and flip him for a real hockey player - because the last thing Vancouver needs in the system is some entitled, self-styled Royalty.

one of the most embarrassing Canadians to ever set foot on WJC ice - not surprised he's still an arrogant headcase.

Yzerman is going to want a player who can help their push to the cup and a prospect to replace Drouin.  He'll ask for Baertschi or Shinkaruk + Vrbata or Hamhuis or Edler or Tanev + 2nd?   something like that

Now from the Canucks side, Drouin is an upgrade over Baer or Shink but does Benning also want to throw in another top asset and a pick.  Gut the defense or scoring when they are challenged in both areas?  Drouin has only played 19 games and is 2-6-8 +1

Bottom line, this deal is an upgrade on assets the Canucks already have.  Shouldn't Benning use assets who are actually tradeable (Vrbata, Hamhuis, Prust, Higgins, Burrows etc) to fill actual needs?.......Defense.

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

lol at thinking they should be able to trade Burrows or Higgins for Drouin 

are you out of your mind @BanTSN?

Why not?  He's busting over there, and his agent is forcing their hand.  I'm not sure if the Canucks will get him, because they've already acquired Bearcheese to fill out the same role, but it will be a business trade, and an entertaining one.

2 minutes ago, BanTSN said:

Why not?  He's busting over there, and his agent is forcing their hand.  I'm not sure if the Canucks will get him, because they've already acquired Bearcheese to fill out the same role, but it will be a business trade, and an entertaining one.

This diatribe of yours is getting extremely boring.

Not entertaining at all.

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Yzerman is going to want a player who can help their push to the cup and a prospect to replace Drouin.  He'll ask for Baertschi or Shinkaruk + Vrbata or Hamhuis or Edler or Tanev + 2nd?   something like that

Now from the Canucks side, Drouin is an upgrade over Baer or Shink but does Benning also want to throw in another top asset and a pick.  Gut the defense or scoring when they are challenged in both areas?  Drouin has only played 19 games and is 2-6-8 +1

Bottom line, this deal is an upgrade on assets the Canucks already have.  Shouldn't Benning use assets who are actually tradeable (Vrbata, Hamhuis, Prust, Higgins, Burrows etc) to fill actual needs?.......Defense.

he is clearly the highest skilled out of drouin baer and shink.

Baertschi could gel well with stamkos

we can offer our 2nd this year and columbus 2nd whenever that is. so costs us 3 2nds for drouin, when that is said its not enough though is it?

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

we can offer our 2nd this year and columbus 2nd whenever that is. so costs us 3 2nds for drouin, when that is said its not enough though is it?

Can you imagine the Flames fans if the Canucks picked up Drouin in a Baertschi trade?  That would be priceless.

3 minutes ago, Yotes said:

The Bolts went to the SC finals last year.  I would bet Stevie Y wants a player who can help get them back there this year.  Not sure the Canucks have that piece anyways.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Can you imagine the Flames fans if the Canucks picked up Drouin in a Baertschi trade?  That would be priceless.

ya would make the trade look good for us. Drouin has ellite skill, would love him here, but other teams are gonna have high interest and may overpay, I dont see Benning doing that, but its time Benning makes a decent in season trade now no? Am i having a complete brain fart other than minor deals he hasnt made a big move other than off season

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

The Bolts went to the SC finals last year.  I would bet Stevie Y wants a player who can help get them back there this year.  Not sure the Canucks have that piece anyways.

hard to say their top 6 is crowded hence y drouin isnt playing. They would love tanev or edler but they arent getting a proven d like that for an unproven sophmore who has asked for a trade, not from us anyway. 

Archived