The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-TB [Proposal]

1 minute ago, EagleShield said:

Virtanen + Baertschi + Torts Pick - and Yzerman shouldn't have to think about that.

Don't trade a top 10 pick for him, we realistically could be in the 4-5 range and a lottery win away from that pick being Laine, Puljujarvi or Tkachuk. I'd love Drouin, and he's probably superior to those three wingers at the top of this year's draft, but the additionals we'd need to add are not worth the difference.

I'm pretty sure JB won't trade Virtanen.  Would you do BoHo + for Drouin?

3rd overall pick? Who cares that he’s a 3rd overall pick.

Bowemeester 2002

Horton 2003

Barker 2004

Johnson 2005

Toews 2006

Turris 2007

Bogosian 2008

Duchene 2009

Gudbranson 2010

Huberdeau 2011

Galchenyuk 2012

All these players have started off with a ton of “potential” but only Toews and Duchene are really the only superstars out of the bunch.  And Duchene’s got a long ways to go before he’s a “real” superstar.  He’s only cracked the 70 point mark 1 time.   Not a chance I would over pay to get Drouin, we already have two small skilled LW that have the ability to put up points

What’s a realistic expectation for Drouin?  A 70-80 point player? So is it worth trading a Baertschi/Shinkaruk (who could be 50-60 point players in their own right, + our 1 round pick which could end up being a top 5 pick.  Drouin is far from being a lock of a star, he’s a big risk to be someone you trade the farm for, and that’s likely why even though he’s been on the market since November, no deals have happened. 

Moving a pick right now is a bad idea. We need to unload some of our ageing core and make space for a new one. The question is, what does TB need as a team? IMO we can trade Baertschi in this trade. Our 1st is pretty much something we can't move unless its an overpayment and at this point, Baertschi + core peice is probably the best idea. Keeping our ageing core at this point is bad asset management. 

10 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

Trade our 1st round pick when it could be Mathews, Laine, Puljujarvi, Tkachuk or Juolevi????? Thanks but no thanks!!!!!

How about we trade Hansen for Drouin?  Would that not be similar to the Seguin return, and represent fair return for Drouin?

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm pretty sure JB won't trade Virtanen.  Would you do BoHo + for Drouin?

I'd agree on that, but I still would. As for Bo - no way.

Untouchables in any (realistic) trade this year: 1st rounder, Daniel, Henrik, Sutter, Horvat, McCann, Shinkaruk, Boeser, Zhukenov

3 hours ago, EagleShield said:

I'd agree on that, but I still would. As for Bo - no way.

Untouchables in any (realistic) trade this year: 1st rounder, Daniel, Henrik, Sutter, Horvat, McCann, Shinkaruk, Boeser, Zhukenov

I notice Hansen, Tanev, and Edler are not on your list . Would you trade one for Drouin?

On 2016-01-03 at 1:14 PM, luckylager said:

There's a reason he's not getting ice time in Tampa... He's so very soft,basically a baby's ass, we don't need that.

So some fans believe McCann is undersized and yet they get excited for Drouin.. what in the hell.

Marner reminds me of Drouin- skilled, fast, looks great at the junior level, small, but it's gonna be a looong time before they can cope with full grown d-men.

In summary- No thanks, unless it's for a 2nd round pick. lol

Marner reminds me of Gaudreau the way he moves. Those little guys can't make it in the NHL and Drouin is the same. We need more Virtanens, no Drouins.

56 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

Marner reminds me of Gaudreau the way he moves. Those little guys can't make it in the NHL and Drouin is the same. We need more Virtanens, no Drouins.

Duuude... I was wrong.

After making such a strong statement against Drouin, his points per 60mins stats were brought to my attention and I realized how little I watch him play and how wrong I was in my disrespect for the little people.

I absolutely detest Gaudreau because he's a flame. They're lame. But I can't say Jonny hockey's a slouch, because the kids got game. I hate to admit it, but game he's got. Different situation for him out west being a winger and all... but I may have eaten my shoe slagging Drouin.... I still don't think he's a good fit here because he's too small for a center in the west... but ....yeah. Unless he's not a center. Thought he played center? What the what? ...Foot firmly in mouth

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I notice Hansen, Tanev, and Edler are not on your list . Would you trade one for Drouin?

I would trade Edler for Drouin. 

But that would mean our defense would be even more depleted than it already currently is. 

Edler for Drouin?
TB adds there for sure. You don't trade a defenseman like Edler soley on the potential Drouin has. 

Hansen for Drouin I'd get behind, but Hansen seems to be the type of player that has more value for us than another team would be willing to part with.

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

Duuude... I was wrong.

After making such a strong statement against Drouin, his points per 60mins stats were brought to my attention and I realized how little I watch him play and how wrong I was in my disrespect for the little people.

I absolutely detest Gaudreau because he's a flame. They're lame. But I can't say Jonny hockey's a slouch, because the kids got game. I hate to admit it, but game he's got. Different situation for him out west being a winger and all... but I may have eaten my shoe slagging Drouin.... I still don't think he's a good fit here because he's too small for a center in the west... but ....yeah. Unless he's not a center. Thought he played center? What the what? ...Foot firmly in mouth

It's not always about offense, his d-numbers are not all that good as well as being very sheltered and very ego driven. The kid has very good skills but also has a big set of blinders on him as well.

I would be interested in something along the lines of.

To Tampa:

Edler, I know were weak on D but loosing Eddie should get us to a top 5 pick and Drouin. Soon we will be Huge and mobile on D with Pedan Sustr Tryamkin I'm not worried about it too much long term.

Prust %50 retained, Prust has been a thorn in Tampa's side they may have interest in him for the playoffs.

Cassels Tampa has a weak prospect pool at center especially with any shutdown potential.

To Van:

Drouin,

Sustr, Mammoth  6'7" 220 Rhd good skater and decent puck mover perfect 5-6 guy for us.

Jonathan Macleod. A real Benning type: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/johnathan-macleod/

53 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I would be interested in something along the lines of.

To Tampa:

Edler, I know were weak on D but loosing Eddie should get us to a top 5 pick and Drouin. Soon we will be Huge and mobile on D with Pedan Sustr Tryamkin I'm not worried about it too much long term.

Prust %50 retained, Prust has been a thorn in Tampa's side they may have interest in him for the playoffs.

Cassels Tampa has a weak prospect pool at center especially with any shutdown potential.

To Van:

Drouin,

Sustr, Mammoth  6'7" 220 Rhd good skater and decent puck mover perfect 5-6 guy for us.

Jonathan Macleod. A real Benning type: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/johnathan-macleod/

I won't get into the value of your proposal. But you're suggesting sending $6.25m cap hit to a team with $2.1m in space. Sustr clears up another $1.4. So they're still need to fit in an extra $2.75m in cap. 

Add to the fact that Benning has talked to Yzerman already and has publically stated Vancouver doesn't have the prospect depth needed to make a deal. Which suggests Tampa is looking for a high end prospect in return rather than expensive roster players 

On 2016-01-04 at 9:07 AM, Alflives said:

How about we trade Hansen for Drouin?  Would that not be similar to the Seguin return, and represent fair return for Drouin?

Yes that would work if JB was the GM of Tampa. I am not sure many people outside of Dallas think that this was a fair trade that can be used as a template.

On 03/01/2016 at 5:43 PM, ghjffbali said:

It would cost something like Virtanen + Shinkaruk + 2nd round pick to get it done. Not worth it IMO.

Id be willing to trade Virtanen straight up for him. But it Virtanen, our hometown boy :( so maybe not. Your proposal is a huge over payment and id lose my mind if Benning did it

Archived