The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boycott The Province

Stanky Legs

As you all know, The Province, a local newspaper came out with an outrageous and disgusting news article blaming Virtanen about the WJC loss.

Im going to be honest, I just saw the headline not the full story but it is my opinion that it is malicious. Virtanen did not have a good tournament but so does most of the team. 

With this article, most of Canada will hate the Canucks more, so I propose, we boycott buying the newspaper until they apologize to Jake and Canucks fans.

Who's with me?

Perhaps you should read the whole article before forming an opinion from a headline that the author of said article had nothing to do with? Botch is a paid troll, but he does not write the headlines. Not a fan of his and haven't read him in years but I can't hold him responsible for things he did not do. Kinda like how Jake is getting all the blame, when there is plenty to go around.

It's not like someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to read the province..? You didn't even read the article! if you don't like it, just don't read it maybe? problem solved?

Virt should take this on the chin either way, use it for motivation to prove everyone wrong if that's what the general consensus and thoughts are.

It's a business, people love to hate, and they hopefully will have trouble sleeping at night knowing they are somewhat responsbile for any mental illness issues related to people in the spotlight they write about. If they don't then they must have no empathy for other people and should be cast off to the island where people don't care about eachother at all. 

People who kicksomeone while they are down don't deserve respect in my opinion.

If your willing to take advantage of the misfortunes of a 19 year old for profit or attention you need to look in a mirror and realize that the type of people who take advantage of others while there down also force people into the sex and drug trade. If that's the type of person they are okay with being fine, but you won't get any respect from me, but I Virtanen would still help you while you're down. 

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

Perhaps you should read the whole article before forming an opinion from a headline that the author of said article had nothing to do with? Botch is a paid troll, but he does not write the headlines. Not a fan of his and haven't read him in years but I can't hold him responsible for things he did not do. Kinda like how Jake is getting all the blame, when there is plenty to go around.

I don't want to read it, they might put me in as one of their readers.

Just now, YEGCanuck said:

Let's face it, JV needs more maturity in his game. A player who takes dumb penalties is selfish plain and simple.

That being said, The Province is just living up to their inflated reputation.

no - a player that takes dumb penalties may be dumb. a player that takes selfish penalties maybe selfish. Or it could be a 19 year old Canadian kid getting penalized for infractions that are called in international play.

Jake took a couple of bad penalties, and some that would not get called in the nhl or whl.  He wasn't the only one. How is the media treating the goalie that had a bad game or the coach that had a bad game? Bet not much is said about the Maple leaf prospect and a few of his mistakes.

Crap on the western kid and the trolls go into feed frenzy. Mindless sharks with chum in the water.

Fans of the Canucks and the things the team does in the community, including Canucks house, telethon, mind check and on and on, are not jumping on the kid. Many others are, but that says more about them than it does Jake and the team and fans. Criticism is ok-blame is for losers.

Archived