The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boycott The Province

Stanky Legs

Rarely if ever read anything from Vancouver media outlets. Doom and gloom and driving forces behind most of the so called controversies with the Canucks. 

The sports " reporters" in van  are more like tabloid story tellers than "reporters" . Fabricating sorties when there isn't one and swooping in like vultures when someone faulters. 

This kind of crap should be addressed by management and ownership but then again standing up for one another has never been a strong point of this franchise.

Just now, combover said:

Rarely if ever read anything from Vancouver media outlets. Doom and gloom and driving forces behind most of the so called controversies with the Canucks. 

The sports " reporters" in van  are more like tabloid story tellers than "reporters" . Fabricating sorties when there isn't one and swooping in like vultures when someone faulters. 

This kind of crap should be addressed by management and ownership but then again standing up for one another has never been a strong point of this franchise.

real talk.  #salute

1 hour ago, McCannon said:

Dude leave your bigoted comments where they belong. In 1960, no one needs to read this nonsense, you are insulting a pretty large population of canucks fans, and non bigoted canucks fans as well

Your sarcasm meter is broken.  It was a joke

4 minutes ago, Blackberries said:

Your sarcasm meter is broken.  It was a joke

I laughed.  JV is a pro now, and open to criticism.  The Province can print what they see as okay to print.  If we were extremists, someone would get (12 what?) for doing Botchford.  Fortunately, we live in the best country, and cheer for the team that represents the best city in the world, where we follow rules of modern democracy.  It's okay to laugh, even if a joke may be somewhat distasteful. iMHAO

54 minutes ago, RunningWild said:

We are not Russia. There is a thing as free speech. Boycotting for free speech is pretty dumb.

That isn't really the point of free speech.  Free speech is the right to say it.  If you say unpopular things, just don't expect to make money from it in any society.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

I think they're a lousy newspaper company anyways. I find more content in the fee newspapers they hand out every morning at Skytrain stations. 

Hey!  If you were in desparate need ofAss Wipe, you would be happy to have the Province at hand.:lol:

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey!  If you were in desparate need ofAss Wipe, you would be happy to have the Province at hand.:lol:

I'll stick with the free local papers that I use to line my green bin, LOL!

I will never have another issue of The Province in my house again.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's funny, because my family actually uses the Province newspapers we receive as padding for the bottom of our trash can. I don't actually know if anyone in my house reads them before doing this...:unsure:

1 minute ago, Grapefruits said:

I'll stick with the free local papers that I use to line my green bin, LOL!

I will never have another issue of The Province in my house again.

Congrats on using a green bin.  We feed our table scraps to the alley rats.  Maybe, I'll serve them on the Province?

:lol: (commentor on the province site)

Thomas Waite

You are a hack writer Jason, and the reason a lot of Canucks underperform. You create a furor when there really shouldn't be, and a sense of entitlement in the city that creates a win or die atmosphere, with no room for talent development. You kill players passion, and are a complete hack. Find a new career, or move away.

Just now, Positive Canuck said:

:lol:

Thomas Waite

You are a hack writer Jason, and the reason a lot of Canucks underperform. You create a furor when there really shouldn't be, and a sense of entitlement in the city that creates a win or die atmosphere, with no room for talent development. You kill players passion, and are a complete hack. Find a new career, or move away.

Wow!  Botchford's mother in law is on CDC.:lol:

I cancelled that tabloid rag about 10 years ago when they told people there was no reason to vote NDP because they would be the official opposition. In my view it ceased to be a news source I would consider as unbiased. And to offset what I assume was lost subscriptions the cost kept jumping.

The irony of the editorial writings in that paper demanding that people accept that in tough economic times we all must do our part and not ask for raises we can't afford....... and then jacking the price of their product constantly ...  Well I am not funding the BC Liberal party newsletter lol

4 minutes ago, Positive Canuck said:

:lol: (commentor on the province site)

Thomas Waite

LOL! So Botch is why the Canucks suck on a regular basis.  Good to know.

Archived